20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 350.
#13551 8 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

So does the gate to nowhere have something that opens up on the left hand side to guide the ball through the gate? If not, I'm not sure how the ball would ever go through that gate.

Yes, it opens to the left and stops the ball from dropping down to the outlane, instead guiding it through towards the middle of the pf.

#13552 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Argh mateys...
DSCN3986.JPG
DSCN3985.JPG
DSCN3988.JPG
And as my dear old dad used to say whenever we got home- "another safe journey".

Wow, that's nice! You don't see that one very often. Never played one. Nice grab!

#13553 8 years ago

Thanks! They made a bunch, but being that was almost 70 years ago, who knows how many are left. It wasn't a title I was seeking out but I couldn't pass it up. It is very clean and looks like it never saw any damp weather. Just like cars, pinball machines last forever around here in this dry warm climate.

#13554 8 years ago

**This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Mini Cycle / EM
Mo/Year: February 1970
Production: 885 (!)
Cost: $350
Link/Contact: springfieldil.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "The cabinet has wear, the playfield has some planking, but not missing any graphics. The backglass is darn near perfect - see the pics. The machine has been cleaned and is working. Good rubber and a new ball. It has been waxed and is ready to go. This machine is finicky - you need to play it at least weekly, otherwise it becomes sluggish in some areas - nothing major."

#13555 8 years ago

Very, very nice score Odin!

#13556 8 years ago

Becoming a quite nice woodrail lineup Odin!!

#13557 8 years ago

I woke up with another woody.

DSCN3990.JPGDSCN3990.JPG

#13558 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Three pirate themed EMs now in my collection.

Quoted from o-din:

Argh mateys...

Ken.

Steve_the_pirate.jpgSteve_the_pirate.jpg

#13559 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I woke up with another woody.
DSCN3990.JPG

image.jpgimage.jpg

#13560 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Argh mateys...

Congrats
Hope you got a extra good cash discount deal,
as the list price appeared to be a bit pricey
even with the game being in great shape.
The Bottom of the PF layout kinda reminds me of WMS Tradewinds

#13561 8 years ago

**It's gone now - This posting has been deleted by its author.**

Quoted from dmbjunky:

Here's a Serenade woodrail

Looks like this is still available:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Serenade / EM Woodrail
Mo/Year: May 1960
Production: Unknown
Cost: $500 Firm
Link/Contact: louisville.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Here is a pretty nice completely working 1960 Woodrail Serenade Pinball Machine. Game has all new rubber & bulbs, new pinball, new pop bumper caps, new stationary targets, new flipper bats, new plug, two working locks with one key each, all plastics & lane guides in great shape, nice card apron with nice original instruction cards, original schematic & extra original instruction cards, original coin box, original back wooden door, nice chrome legs(this game does not take the wooden legs, clean leg bolts, new leg levelers & one box of spare bulbs."

#13562 8 years ago

For best score bumpers must be hit in order. Single wound flipper coils make that a challenge. 1 and 2 are very hard to get.

#13563 8 years ago

Manufacturer: Chicago Coin
Game/Type: Olympics / EM
Mo/Year: January 1979
Production: Unknown
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "In great condition..."

#13564 8 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: El Toro / EM
Mo/Year: December 1970
Production: 2,065
Cost: $350
Link/Contact: lasvegas.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...playing field in great shape cabinet has some wear flippers work great needs minor tuning and some wax on playing field..."

#13565 8 years ago

**This posting has expired.**
Game/Type: "300" / EM
Mo/Year: August 1975
Production: 7,925
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: sandiego.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...good working..."

#13566 8 years ago

**Sold to Wickerman2??**
Game/Type: Target Pool / EM
Mo/Year: June 1969
Production: 2,425
Cost: $180 OBO
Link/Contact: denver.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...works but needs to be tilt adjusted. This is not a fixer it works, you just need to know how to correct the tilt."

#13567 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Target Pool / EM
Mo/Year: June 1969
Production: 2,425
Cost: $180 OBO
Link/Contact: denver.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...works but needs to be tilt adjusted. This is not a fixer it works, you just need to know how to correct the tilt."

That is sold

#13568 8 years ago

Nice array of games for sale (prices vary) in my area. I copied/pasted this from the ad:

Spanish Eyes......................$800..................clean shape, some minor flaking on back glass
Space Odyssey...................$600.................Nice clean original shape, no back door for back box
Far Out...............................$800................nice clean, great game in great shape
Stampede............................$1,200.............beautiful original condition...some history
Playtime..............................$600...............new cab paint, otherwise all original
Buck Rogers........................$1,200.............new cpu, driver board and power supply, cab 9.5
Pinup....................................$900...............all original condition
Full House.............................$700...............all original 'cept for new cab paint
Target Pool............................$1,000............completely shopped and new cab paint
Playboy...............1947..........$1,200..........beautiful original condition

seattle.craigslist.org link

#13569 8 years ago

4 1/2 hour drive from our neck of the woods.

Quoted from goldenboy232:

Nice array of games for sale (prices vary) in my area. I copied/pasted this from the ad:
Spanish Eyes......................$800..................clean shape, some minor flaking on back glass
Space Odyssey...................$600.................Nice clean original shape, no back door for back box
Far Out...............................$800................nice clean, great game in great shape
Stampede............................$1,200.............beautiful original condition...some history
Playtime..............................$600...............new cab paint, otherwise all original
Buck Rogers........................$1,200.............new cpu, driver board and power supply, cab 9.5
Pinup....................................$900...............all original condition
Full House.............................$700...............all original 'cept for new cab paint
Target Pool............................$1,000............completely shopped and new cab paint
Playboy...............1947..........$1,200..........beautiful original condition
seattle.craigslist.org link

#13571 8 years ago
#13572 8 years ago

Ice Revue I think. It's supposed to be a very fun game. Great deal.

#13573 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

What's this?
denver.craigslist.org link

Buy it. $100 for an Ice Revue is a steal. Fun game to play.

#13574 8 years ago

I'd be on that in a flash!

#13575 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I'd be on that in a flash!

My flash was a voice mail...

#13576 8 years ago

Just saw this on the local CL. Sharing for the garage, not the pin. What a garage!

00e0e_3fhgBr0hgFD_600x450.jpg00e0e_3fhgBr0hgFD_600x450.jpg

#13577 8 years ago

Seems kind of funny to post a photo of ones garage with all those big floor safes included in the shot. But then, I think I also see some shell reloading stations in the background, so, "enter at your own risk!".

#13578 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Seems kind of funny to post a photo of ones garage with all those big floor safes included in the shot. But then, I think I also see some shell reloading stations in the background, so, "enter at your own risk!".

Yeah, and 'Fido' is sittin' there... just in case.

#13579 8 years ago

They are probably gun safes so...

#13580 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

They are probably gun safes so...

"enter at your own risk!"?

#13581 8 years ago

Another garage show-off-
sfbay.craigslist.org link

#13582 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Another garage show-off-

trying a little too hard there...makes me suspicious

#13583 8 years ago

sandiego.craigslist.org link

I know nothing of this machine...

#13584 8 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

sandiego.craigslist.org link
I know nothing of this machine...

*shudder* I love to use that (Force II) and Warlok as examples of how bad pinball art got in the early 80's. Way too many junky-looking space/fantasy themes.

#13585 8 years ago

Just picked up a 1964 Gottlieb Big Top for $160 off CL. Nice PF, BG rough in spots, cabinet is a mess. I've never tinkered with an add-a-ball nor a backbox animation, so should be fun.

I was able to see the outlines of the cabinet art by stripping down the orange paint, but does anyone know if this model had webbing, splatter, or something else? IPDB pics are too fuzzy.

IMG_0632.jpgIMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0628.jpgIMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpgIMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0630.jpgIMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpgIMG_0631.jpg

#13586 8 years ago

Howdy neighbor. That Big Top has been making the rounds. It was donated to one of our fellow members of VECTOR at the Dallas Makerspace several months ago who passed it on to the person you bought it from. A fairly uncommon game from the "golden age" of Add-A-Ball games.

The backglass can be repaired acceptably well using the "frost gloss" technique (we can teach you how if interested) though the most difficult part will be fixing the clown's face. Playfield is in really nice condition. But as you mentioned the cab will need structural repair and a complete repaint. Also, the mechs will need to be completely gone through, top-to-bottom.

It definitely has potential but will be a bigger job than the average fixer-upper to bring to completion.

#13587 8 years ago

Howdy back! Yeah, looks like this poor machine need some loving attention. I will probably fabricate a whole new front panel.

I hadn't heard of the "frost glass" technique. I was thinking of trying out Alan Lewis' approach with decals.

I've seen the Dallas Makerspace classes online, sounds cool. Will try to get up there at some point, but small kids at home make it rather challenging.

#13588 8 years ago

More details on the technique here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/touching-up-translucent-areas-on-a-peeling-backglass-success

Quick version: Chip out flaky paint and replace with decals, apply two layers of triple thick, touch-up non-translucent areas with acrylic paint, touch-up translucent areas with frost gloss paints (might need two or three successive applications), cover the translucent touch-ups with frost white to match the surrounding opacity, and seal with a final layer of triple thick.

#13589 8 years ago

50s Pinball Machine-
losangeles.craigslist.org link

#13590 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

50s Pinball Machine-
losangeles.craigslist.org link

That one ain't movin' anytime soon at $1K for a really rough Spin Wheel.

#13591 8 years ago
Quoted from Model237:

Howdy back! Yeah, looks like this poor machine need some loving attention. I will probably fabricate a whole new front panel.
I hadn't heard of the "frost glass" technique. I was thinking of trying out Alan Lewis' approach with decals.
I've seen the Dallas Makerspace classes online, sounds cool. Will try to get up there at some point, but small kids at home make it rather challenging.

If you can get a nice scan of the glass I can help fix up the flaky areas. It shouldn't be too tough to repair the clown face. It's a really cool game and I'm excited to see you make it look great again.

#13592 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

That one ain't movin' anytime soon at $1K for a really rough Spin Wheel.

About a year (or more) ago it was listed on CL, same sorry state that it is in now but for a lot less money. We made a reasonable deal on it but, thanks to all the calls he got saying it was worth more, he said he was going to hold on to it. So, if any of the guys that called him to tell him it's worth more are reading this, here's your chance, GO PAY MORE!

#13593 8 years ago

Sounds like that guy that sporadically posts an ad for a Sea Ray.

#13594 8 years ago

Game/Type: Ding Dong / EM
Mo/Year: February 1986
Production: 1,850
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "All parts removed from playfield and cleaned.PF waxed and backglass sealed to prevent further damage.New rubbers and ball.In working order.Put MONKEY BUTT for a response"

I've played Ding Dong and it is a lot of fun. Great backglass too. It's too easy to get the special on five balls, but that's why I played it so much in college when I had to put quarters into these things!

If this looks as good in person as the pics do, then the price might be reasonable. Then again, not sure I could comply with the OPs request to put "MONKEY BUTT" for a reply.

#13595 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Ding Dong / EM
Mo/Year: February 1986
Production: 1,850
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: " target="_blank">minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "All parts removed from playfield and cleaned.PF waxed and backglass sealed to prevent further damage.New rubbers and ball.In working order.Put MONKEY BUTT for a response"
I've played Ding Dong and it is a lot of fun. Great backglass too. It's too easy to get the special on five balls, but that's why I played it so much in college when I had to put quarters into these things!
If this looks as good in person as the pics do, then the price might be reasonable. Then again, not sure I could comply with the OPs request to put "MONKEY BUTT" for a reply.

This seller has listed this game and a few others over and over and over and over for the last year or more. Same price.
(He buys/sells games in the area.)

#13596 8 years ago

It was a lot of work, and a lot of parts. About $1500 worth so far. For what it looked like before, I think I did alright. Now off to the paint shop it goes.

I never saw a reason to pay somebody to do something I can do myself.

DSCN4004.JPGDSCN4004.JPG
DSCN4005.JPGDSCN4005.JPG

#13597 8 years ago

In case anybody missed the before picture here it is. It was going to cost more than it was worth to have somebody else fix it and the best offer I got for it the way it sat was $400. I couldn't throw away a 2004 Camry with only 11,000 miles on it so I decided to do it myself. We ended up getting my daughter a cheap 2002 Cavalier and she is happy with that. Hopefully that airbag in the face taught her a lesson I couldn't while teaching her to drive.

wreck.jpgwreck.jpg

#13598 8 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

Prospector $350

How many pins feature Laurel and Hardy? The first time I seen this one and didn't know they were on so many machines.

#13599 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

... I couldn't throw away a 2004 Camry with only 11,000 miles on it...

Wait, what?? I have an 04 Camry too but it has that plus about 110,000 more. It has never needed a single repair.

#13600 8 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Wait, what?? I have an 04 Camry too but it has that plus about 110,000 more. It has never needed a single repair.

And probably never will beyond the basic stuff. I see them come into my work with way more miles than that and they just run forever and don't leak a drop. This was my mothers car she bought new but stopped driving a few years ago and gave it to my daughter because she gets good grades and has an after school job to get to. After I'm done I may just put it back in mom's garage until it's needed again. You don't get rid of a low mile Toyota.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/272 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.