20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 350.
#13501 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Cool stuff in here... How does a EM play compared to a SS?

EMs played great when they were new. As the years have passed, most have been neglected and therefore play nothing like when they were new. Find an EM that has been thoroughly restored and you will be surprised how much fun they can be. Of course, that is also true of the early SS pins, but the EMs have had more years to lose their mojo.

Some say that EMs are more "pure" pinball than the newer machines. They have open playfields and simple rulesets. One of the obvious differences between the early SS and EM pinball machines was the audio. The EMs had bells and later chimes that has become synonymous with EMs. Early SS pins had a lot of blooping and bleeping that wasn't all that pleasant to the ear.

#13502 8 years ago

Yeah, the local pinball club maintains one at a bar in town, so i'm gonna have to go check it out. Gold Strike i believe it is.

What I like about my System 1's is the simpler ruleset and play. It's about drop targets and good shots, not much else. I have chimes on all but one, the recent addition is the 3-tone sound board, i'll have to see if i keep that or retrofit chimes (which most people do).

#13503 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

EMs played great when they were new. As the years have passed, most have been neglected and therefore play nothing like when they were new.

This is exactly why I own my own. I was always disappointed going to the arcades, with the exception of The Broadway Arcade years ago, when I found the machines dirty and weak.

#13504 8 years ago

About two months back there was a Williams Space Ship on CL in Muskegon. I ended up picking it up. Here are a few shots.

Interestingly the cabinet art is different than that previously shown on the examples and the flyer on IPDB. The art on this game appears to be original and suits the game better than that on the IPDB examples. I've already submitted photos of this cabinet to IPDB.

IMG_2347.jpgIMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpgIMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2349.jpgIMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2350.jpgIMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2351.jpgIMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2352.jpgIMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2356.jpgIMG_2356.jpg

#13505 8 years ago

Super cool! Congrats.

#13506 8 years ago

Nice haul Mike....looks nice too.

#13507 8 years ago

What's different about the cabinet? This is the design I'm familiar with.

#13508 8 years ago

I just looked on IPDB. The photos of the game shown there and the cabinet design on the flyer are unusual. I've seen many copies of this game, and every one I've seen (and the one's I've owned) all have the cabinet design that yours has. I've never seen one like the photos on IPDB. I was never even aware that there's an alternate cabinet for this game. I believe the one on IPDB is a very early one because it matches the flyer. The design yours has is the regular production version.

#13509 8 years ago

**There is nothing here**
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Doodle Bug / EM
Year: March 1971
Production: Unknown
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "This machine is playable and working! The play field has been cleaned to the best of our ability, all the bands replaced. The plastics are in good shape, and the back glass isn't terrible - some flaking. Considering the age of the machine, it's in quite good condition."

#13510 8 years ago

You know you're in trouble whenever the ad mentions the age of the machine!

I guess "for my age" I'm in pretty good shape, too...

#13511 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I just looked on IPDB. The photos of the game shown there and the cabinet design on the flyer are unusual. I've seen many copies of this game, and every one I've seen (and the one's I've owned) all have the cabinet design that yours has. I've never seen one like the photos on IPDB. I was never even aware that there's an alternate cabinet for this game. I believe the one on IPDB is a very early one because it matches the flyer. The design yours has is the regular production version.

The best I can tell is the one that Kim put photo's up on the IPDB was probably an early game and might 'be' the one they used for press release photos and even for the flyer itself. I too, have only seen machines with the cabinet design like Mike's game and I have owned two and have seen quite a few at the shows.

#13512 8 years ago

Gottlieb Wild Life, listed in PA but in NJ $399.
allentown.craigslist.org link

#13513 8 years ago

Congratulations Mike. I was in contact with the seller and really wanted it. In the end, I just couldn't justify the drive around the lake. I'm glad it went to a good home. Love the artwork!

#13514 8 years ago

Here's a really nice looking '55 Southern Belle for sale just outside of South Bend, IN:
southbend.craigslist.org link

No price stated though.

#13515 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Here's a really nice looking '55 Southern Belle for sale just outside of South Bend, IN:
southbend.craigslist.org link
No price stated though.

That does look a really nice example.

Not played the game so can't comment on that.

#13516 8 years ago

Always liked the backglass on this one-

losangeles.craigslist.org link

So it looks like Pro-Football now has some company in the linked games department. I thought we all agreed that would be the house game here!

#13517 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

" target="_blank">southbend.craigslist.org link
No price stated though.

He wants $800 for it.

#13518 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

" target="_blank">losangeles.craigslist.org link
So It looks like Pro-Football now has some company in the linked games department. I thought we all agreed that would be the house game here!

See what happens when you step away from the Keyboard for a while.......

Let's hope people don't start linking every title they find to post.

#13519 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So it looks like Pro-Football now has some company in the linked games department. I thought we all agreed that would be the house game here!

Yeah, nice backglass on Stampede. It's one of those Chicago Coin EM Sterns with the horrible card-edge connectors on the score reels, but at least there'd be only 8 of them to repin instead of 16. *whew*

#13520 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yeah, nice backglass on Stampede. It's one of those Chicago Coin EM Sterns with the horrible card-edge connectors on the score reels, but at least there'd be only 8 of them to repin instead of 16. *whew*

Lol try working on a sys 1... I repinned 100 connectors the other day to get a project count-down running... Now on the plus side that is what most of them take, but there are a lot of fricken connectors to repin

#13521 8 years ago

Yep... heard that. I'm helping a fellow VECTORIAN at the Makerspace through a System 1 Sinbad as we speak. On the upside, I sprang for one of those handy Sargent autofeed crimpers. Still not painless, but better than not having one!

#13522 8 years ago

I don't have an autpfeed crimper... i need to get one.. i have a system 1 addiction and i see many hundreds of crimps in my future...

#13523 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yep... heard that. I'm helping a fellow VECTORIAN at the Makerspace through a System 1 Sinbad as we speak. On the upside, I sprang for one of those handy Sargent autofeed crimpers. Still not painless, but better than not having one!

you got link for the auto crimper?

#13524 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

you got link for the auto crimper?

Yes, do tell.

#13525 8 years ago

I bought my .156" Sargent from GPE... 3136-CT. Unfortunately out of stock right now.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=138

#13526 8 years ago

Very nice, that is the hardest part trying to hold the damn new pin, the wire and crimp at the same time... especially on a larger gauge wire..

#13527 8 years ago

**This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Little Joe / EM
Year: September 1971
Production: 2,080
Cost: $375
Link/Contact: akroncanton.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Playfield, plastics, and backglass in excellent condition. Cabinet is good with a few scrapes. Everything works exactly as it should. This is a true plug-and-play machine at a great price."

#13528 8 years ago

A perennial Pinsider preferred pinball:

Game/Type: 4 Roses / EM
Year: December 1962
Production: 1,250
Cost: $450
Link/Contact: kokomo.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "There is slight flaking on the back glass, slight wear on the play field, the cabinet has been repainted, and looks very nice."

#13529 8 years ago

Gtb Playball for $200 outside of StL:
stlouis.craigslist.org link

'56 Wms Cue Ball for $450 in MA:
westernmass.craigslist.org link

(looks pretty neat - wish it was closer!)

Gtb Ship Ahoy for $650 in NY:
buffalo.craigslist.org link

Duotron for $400 in NV:
reno.craigslist.org link

(but there's a '72 Fireball sitting next to it - might be worth an inquiry?)

#13530 8 years ago

Cue Ball = Miss-O + Ice Revue... looks interesting. Good finds!

#13531 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Cue Ball = Miss-O + Ice Revue... looks interesting. Good finds!

I was thinking the same thing regarding Ice Revue.

#13534 8 years ago

Game/Type: Lucky Ace / EM
Year: November 1974
Production: 2,809
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: providence.craigslist.org link

Condition: "...still works and in good shape!"

#13535 8 years ago

Not CL but a pretty nice Captain Card in Wisconsin on the Pinside Market today:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27288

#13536 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I have heard of Expo. This one looks to be the same machine with a different name. Odd.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2020
No pinside member or pinball owners members seem to own one.

One does now!

Didn't pay no $800, either... Then again, neither does it work "100%"...

OT: Why does my input box grow and grow as I type, forcing me to scroll way down to push "Send post"? Is it not doing this for everyone?

#13537 8 years ago

I thought about throwing the guy an offer just because it was an unusual game but the more I looked at it the more I thought it wouldn't be much fun to play. I'm not understanding the left side of the playfield with that gate that appears to go nowhere.

#13538 8 years ago

Congrats Dan!

Last I saw it was listed at $550. I figure it's interesting enough to get that from someone. Too bad Williams production numbers aren't very well documented. There are a whole bunch of "rare" games that you see more often.

#13539 8 years ago

greensboro.craigslist.org link

Antique bowling arcade machine - $250

#13540 8 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I thought about throwing the guy an offer just because it was an unusual game but the more I looked at it the more I thought it wouldn't be much fun to play. I'm not understanding the left side of the playfield with that gate that appears to go nowhere.

My thoughts also. Thanks Dan. I told myself if it was still there this weekend that I'd rescue it. I didn't really want it, but would rather it be in a collector's hands because of its' rarity.

#13541 8 years ago

Well, I love add-a-balls (and animated backglasses) and here's a two player! Hope I can get it working soon, it actually looks very different and should be a lot of fun!

The gate to nowhere, when lit, saves a left drain and scores 300.

There are pop up posts partially blocking the side drains when up.

When you do side drain, there are even smaller pop up posts that pause the ball's draining while you get a spin on the bg. Very cool!

There more numbers you light, the better your odds of winning an extra ball on a spin.

#13542 8 years ago

So does the gate to nowhere have something that opens up on the left hand side to guide the ball through the gate? If not, I'm not sure how the ball would ever go through that gate.

#13543 8 years ago

This one looks nice...

...in the back of my truck.

#13544 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This one looks nice...
" target="_blank">losangeles.craigslist.org link

I like the backglass. Playfield looks unique........

#13545 8 years ago

I always wanted a flipper game from the 40s and now I have one. Three pirate themed EMs now in my collection. It is in very nice original condition already shopped out and it plays fine. Also if you bring cash and don't need a receipt chances are you can get a discount which I did.

#13546 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This one looks nice...

Did you get it? Congrats, it looks fun. It will be a nice early addition to your collection.

#13547 8 years ago

Easy drive and very nice ladies in that store. They had a lot of neat stuff there. Also they told me this guy may be bringing them more. I wanted to hang out a little longer to see what else was there but also wanted to beat any traffic and get home. So I loaded it up and now it is time to unload it.

#13548 8 years ago

What is it? The ad is gone already.

#13549 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

" target="_blank">greensboro.craigslist.org link
Antique bowling arcade machine - $250

I hope someone rescues this. Looks like it's worth it.

#13550 8 years ago

Argh mateys...

DSCN3986.JPGDSCN3986.JPG
DSCN3985.JPGDSCN3985.JPG
DSCN3988.JPGDSCN3988.JPG

And as my dear old dad used to say whenever we got home- "another safe journey".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
Hardware
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/271 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.