20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 350.
#13301 8 years ago

Thanks! I guess I didn't notice those dancing hot dogs on there. I didn't really feel like driving to Bakersfield anyway. Looks like a fun game though.

#13302 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I guess I didn't notice those dancing hot dogs on there. I didn't really feel like driving to Bakersfield anyway. Looks like a fun game though.

Hurry, seller says "COMPLETELY RESTORED, ALL ORIGINAL" .... huh?

#13303 8 years ago

Why is c-37 the "it" game? Too much pink for me and winning multiple replays isn't all that difficult . For me I like abra and the colors / art much more.

#13304 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Why is c-37 the "it" game? Too much pink for me and winning multiple replays isn't all that difficult . For me I like abra and the colors / art much more.

I don't understand why a lot of folks call it too "Pink". It's not supposed to be pink. It's originally a Magenta (Red-Purple) which has faded and turned pink. I took the coin door off mine, and it's definitely originally magenta. I've seen restored versions painted pink on the cabinet, which is weird too. If you look at the flyer, the supposed "Pink" is the same color as the background around the amazon woman in the test tube. And that doesn't fade. In person it's a Red-Purple. As owners of any red car in the past know... red is the fastest fading color in the paint spectrum.

Of course I could be inadvertantly re-opening the blue/black dress argument here...
(Be glad if you don't know what that is!)

c37.jpgc37.jpg

#13305 8 years ago

Guessing because of the animated BG and it's pretty. The "It" games are not always worthy (though some are) of the attention they get IMO. Had a El Dorado, Capt Fantastic, neither did much for me. I prefer the off the beaten track games as often as not to "A" titles. to me my Spin Wheel > El Dorado, Spin A Card > Captain Fantastic. I did love my World Fair and BAB though. These old games are so affordable, my philosophy is buy it, try it, if you like it, restore it. Looking forward to actually playing my Ship Mates when or if I ever finish it.

#13306 8 years ago

This one looks pretty nice for the money.
sheboygan.craigslist.org link

This one was on my hot list for quite awhile.
chicago.craigslist.org link

#13307 8 years ago

Way too "girlie girl" for me. If I found one, it would be an instant flip.

#13308 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Way too "girlie girl" for me. If I found one, it would be an instant flip.

I wouldn't trade my 'girlie girl' C37 for anything. It's balanced out by my manly ACD and bubbly Atlantis. Those cover the whole spectrum!

#13309 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

This one looks pretty nice for the money.
sheboygan.craigslist.org link
This one was on my hot list for quite awhile.

I think that pair would balance each other out quite nicely.

#13311 8 years ago

This beauty just popped up. It is NICE!!! but not in my budget

joplin.craigslist.org link

#13312 8 years ago
Quoted from scokes:

This beauty just popped up. It is NICE!!! but not in my budget
joplin.craigslist.org link

The base game for building your own Whoa Nellie, Big Juicy Melons.

#13313 8 years ago

no way would I tear this apart to make a Whoa Nellie. The 'melons' on this one are just fine.

#13314 8 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Yep it's called solar city, and el derado is the single player. The two player is the ugliest one in the bunch imo

I prefer Canada Dry.

#13315 8 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I prefer Canada Dry.

For art yes, but it has the same "Bonus" rules of the other multiplayer games. That's what puts ED at the top for me. I like the challenge of 15 targets over 5 balls as the drain lanes are far less forgiving on the Single Player vs the multiplayer titles. And with ED and Gold Strike, you can actually "Shoot" for the specials, not just "hope" for one.

#13316 8 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I prefer Canada Dry.

I prefer Seven Up.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2104

Ken

#13317 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

For art yes, but it has the same "Bonus" rules of the other multiplayer games. That's what puts ED at the top for me. I like the challenge of 15 targets over 5 balls as the drain lanes are far less forgiving on the Single Player vs the multiplayer titles. And with ED and Gold Strike, you can actually "Shoot" for the specials, not just "hope" for one.

However a 1973 Gottlieb King Pin is superior in Gameplay to Gottlieb's El Dorado IMO.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

#13318 8 years ago

ebay.com link: SHANGRI LA PINBALL MACHINE BY WILIAMS 1967 CLASSIC EM 199 SHIP NO RESERVE

Are those panels on the sides normal? I remember looking at some photos of the old Gottlieb factory and when they were testing prototype EMs, they had a hole cut out of the side to adjust things on the fly. Could that be what those panels are hiding?

#13319 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

ebay.com link » Shangri La Pinball Machine By Wiliams 1967 Classic Em 199 Ship No Reserve
Are those panels on the sides normal? I remember looking at some photos of the old Gottlieb factory and when they were testing prototype EMs, they had a hole cut out of the side to adjust things on the fly. Could that be what those panels are hiding?

Must be a prototype, the ad states that they warrant the electronic PCB's for 30 days.

#13320 8 years ago

Who wanted a 2P 15 drop solar city. Guy has one that can be delivered to York next week

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/187-gsDw7X27CChXURvgMuTtMtFyG3Z_lFDUP95CYam8/htmlview

#13321 8 years ago

Who wanted a 2P 15 drop solar city. Guy has one that can be delivered to York next week

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/187-gsDw7X27CChXURvgMuTtMtFyG3Z_lFDUP95CYam8/htmlview

#13322 8 years ago

Holy cow. Thanks for publishing that link!

#13323 8 years ago

Bly Rockmakers in MD for $750:
baltimore.craigslist.org link

also advertised here:
charlotte.craigslist.org link

so hard to say where it really is.

Wms Nifty in Denver:
denver.craigslist.org link

Anyone get this neat Wms 4 Star wood rail at a garage sale in Indianapolis?
indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#13324 8 years ago

Did this Big Hit get posted yet? Sorry if its a repeat but still listed today. Seems like a fair price ($750). Typical Backglass Damage.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#13325 8 years ago

Can't imagine this would still be available, but here's a decent looking '57 Gtb Royal Flush for $100 in MI:
swmi.craigslist.org link

Ad is 12 hours old at this point. Sure wouldn't have last that long around here!

#13326 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Can't imagine this would still be available, but here's a decent looking '57 Gtb Royal Flush for $100 in MI:
" target="_blank">swmi.craigslist.org link
Ad is 12 hours old at this point. Sure wouldn't have last that long around here!

You're correct:

"We have several people interested and are coming this afternoon. If it doesn't sell, I will email you back"

Don't think I need to bother waiting for that e-mail.

#13327 8 years ago

This one has been out there for a while, but I just saw this ad. Lets play "NAME THAT GAME!"

stlouis.craigslist.org link

#13328 8 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

This one has been out there for a while, but I just saw this ad. Lets play "NAME THAT GAME!"

Wms A-Go-Go

#13329 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

" target="_blank">swmi.craigslist.org link

Ad is still there, but can't get contact info. I think it had a phone number, but can't access it now. That's an awesome deal. I'm working on one right now. Hoping it's going to be ready for the York show "woodrail row".

#13330 8 years ago

houston.craigslist.org link

A whole mix of machines here!

#13331 8 years ago
Quoted from phempton:

houston.craigslist.org link
A whole mix of machines here!

I'd grab a couple of those if I were in the area...

#13332 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ad is still there, but can't get contact info. I think it had a phone number, but can't access it now. That's an awesome deal. I'm working on one right now. Hoping it's going to be ready for the York show "woodrail row".

I got a text back that it's sold.

#13333 8 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

I got a text back that it's sold.

No surprise there! Clay, did you snag this game?

#13334 8 years ago

Another Astro in NY:
buffalo.craigslist.org link
($600)

Surfer for $850 in FL:
miami.craigslist.org link

What will be a disappointed seller in StL:
"I have a 1946 Super Score Woodrail pinball machine. 95% complete Only missing a couple light covers and bumper rubbers everything else there. It has 5c coin mech Have seen newer roodrail machines from 1957 selling for $13000.00. Working and others $2000.00 for just parts So I'm asking $1000.00 Pics available on request Text me at show contact info thanks no lowballers."

Doozie for $400 in MD:
baltimore.craigslist.org link

Big Strike for $250 in AZ on the border:
tucson.craigslist.org link

SS Joker Poker in CA looking for realistic offers:
santabarbara.craigslist.org link

#13335 8 years ago

finally dropped the price. but failed to do a grammar check. you'd think after revisiting the submission, they would re-word this to be a little more appealing.

kansascity.craigslist.org link

#13336 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Have seen newer roodrail machines from 1957

That in itself is worth the post.

#13337 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

What will be a disappointed seller in StL

A little bit of knowledge can lead someone in the wrong direction.
At least they knew the term woodrail (roodrail).

#13338 8 years ago

I'm still trying to wrap my head around where I can find a newer machine from 1957. roodrail or not...

#13339 8 years ago

Seeing the Doozie listed above for $400 I figured I'd chime in here and let folks know that I have a Daffie (Doozie's add-a-ball twin) for sale in Milwaukee. I have it listed at $650 but would gladly give a bit of a discount to a fellow pinsider. You can find it in the market or on the Milwaukee craigslist.

#13340 8 years ago

Ok, not really CL but what a shame if this got made into a coffee table!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25777

Review from ipbd.

Well if you done like flipperless, this will change your mind. First off the backglass is beautiful. You can't get better than that. The animation is the diver goes down each time you hit a 1-5 fathom bumper. You can hit the same one multiple times and the diver wil go to the bottom of the backglass to the chest of gold. If your ball goes into the lit kickout. Your diver will go back to the top collecting the bonus. If you collect the 1-5 fathom bumpers the number six rollover will light and then if that happens you will lite the side specials. Also if you light a, b, c, d. Then land the ball in the lit kickout that will give you replays as well. This machine has a really deep ruleset for a flipperless. What's even more cool it there is a magnet in the bottom of the machine that you can control the game with. You can send the ball to the kickers, score points in the middle and also the specials. This is one great machine that is a hidden gem.

#13341 8 years ago

That Treasure Chest is a fantastic example. Someone snatch that up before the saw hits it.

I'll probably never see one in person , but I loved reading about it, including the player controlled magnet. Enough to do an episode about it.

Beautiful art and a neat stencil. There are multiple ways to win, diving 10 fathoms wins an adjustable number, side specials, and score. Cool game!

#13342 8 years ago
Quoted from scokes:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around where I can find a newer machine from 1957. roodrail or not...

They just mean newer than their 1946 woodrail ( i.e., 1957 is newer than 1946).

#13343 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ok, not really CL but what a shame if this got made into a coffee table!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25777
Review from ipbd.
Well if you done like flipperless, this will change your mind. First off the backglass is beautiful. You can't get better than that. The animation is the diver goes down each time you hit a 1-5 fathom bumper. You can hit the same one multiple times and the diver wil go to the bottom of the backglass to the chest of gold. If your ball goes into the lit kickout. Your diver will go back to the top collecting the bonus. If you collect the 1-5 fathom bumpers the number six rollover will light and then if that happens you will lite the side specials. Also if you light a, b, c, d. Then land the ball in the lit kickout that will give you replays as well. This machine has a really deep ruleset for a flipperless. What's even more cool it there is a magnet in the bottom of the machine that you can control the game with. You can send the ball to the kickers, score points in the middle and also the specials. This is one great machine that is a hidden gem.

It's near me, if that helps anyone interested in it and needs it checked out.

But sounds like a hostage - pay the ransom or the game gets it! I've never had much luck with sellers like that. They would rather see something get destroyed than risk someone getting "a deal" on them. It's bizarre, really (and isn't exclusive to pinballs).

Anyway, it would certainly be tragic for a nice game like this one to be turned into a coffee table, but I don't think the market is anywhere near the seller's expectations for that era of game. Or coffee tables.

#13344 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

But sounds like a hostage - pay the ransom or the game gets it!

It sounds like that to me too but he seems serious about it. It'll be unfortunate if it doesn't sell and he does what he says he will.

He's only been a Pinside member one day.

Bruce

#13345 8 years ago

york.craigslist.org link

2P Williams wood rail for 450$

#13346 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

It's near me, if that helps anyone interested in it and needs it checked out.
But sounds like a hostage - pay the ransom or the game gets it! I've never had much luck with sellers like that. They would rather see something get destroyed than risk someone getting "a deal" on them. It's bizarre, really (and isn't exclusive to pinballs).
Anyway, it would certainly be tragic for a nice game like this one to be turned into a coffee table, but I don't think the market is anywhere near the seller's expectations for that era of game. Or coffee tables.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm not a big fan of games like that but if it's as nice as the pics show, it would be a shame for this to be destroyed.

#13347 8 years ago

Knight Rider $350

evansville.craigslist.org link

Bally Dogies $320 Neat Western theme

Batting Practice $450

3 Bingo Machines $200 not sure if it's a package deal

kokomo.craigslist.org link

#13349 8 years ago

Gtb '57 Royal Flush for $50 in CA:
sfbay.craigslist.org link

(but rough)

#13350 8 years ago

1960 Wms Jungle for $350 in Dorothy and Toto's old stomping ground:
topeka.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/267 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.