20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 350.
#13151 8 years ago

I bet those woodrails he purchased out of Bisbee, AZ came from Ed Smith at Flying Saucers. Fun place, and he always had really cool stuff.

#13152 8 years ago

No, it's not Sam. This guy's name is Dan, seems in his 70's, has kind of a clubhouse he's storing his collectibles at in Martinez, CA. He's got some old cars out front, lots of antique gas pumps, pinball machines, what looks like a full bar inside his clubhouse - it's pretty retro. Not a house, not a commercial establishment, kind of has an old gas station look to it. He says he just liked to collect certain things, and at one time had about 100 woodrails. This list is what he has left. Didn't sound like a pinball tech, and I don't believe any of the machines he has have been restored. Just a guy that dug pinball.

#13154 8 years ago

columbia.craigslist.org link

'77 Gottlieb Mustang. I offered $300 and to come pick it up immediately. I was turned down.
But it's a "project". If you look closely it sits outside under a porch.

#13155 8 years ago
Quoted from emguy:

No, it's not Sam. This guy's name is Dan, seems in his 70's, has kind of a clubhouse he's storing his collectibles at in Martinez, CA. He's got some old cars out front, lots of antique gas pumps, pinball machines, what looks like a full bar inside his clubhouse - it's pretty retro. Not a house, not a commercial establishment, kind of has an old gas station look to it. He says he just liked to collect certain things, and at one time had about 100 woodrails. This list is what he has left. Didn't sound like a pinball tech, and I don't believe any of the machines he has have been restored. Just a guy that dug pinball.

Definitely worth keeping on the radar. At least he's willing to put a price on stuff, so that's a start.

#13156 8 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

'77 Gottlieb Mustang. I offered $300 and to come pick it up immediately. I was turned down.
But it's a "project". If you look closely it sits outside under a porch.

$300 was generous too

#13157 8 years ago

Be thankful!

#13158 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

$300 was generous too

offer him 200.00 now

#13159 8 years ago

Orbit for $300 pf & bg don't look too bad from the pics (rusty coin door, coin entrance housing, and legs)

chicago.craigslist.org link

#13160 8 years ago

Surfer for $700 in ME:
maine.craigslist.org link
Seems like a pretty decent deal.

Yet another Astro in CT ($450):
hartford.craigslist.org link

Bly Sea Ray for $700 in NY:
newyork.craigslist.org link

#13161 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I really like the look of that Rollercoaster. I wonder how it plays.

Should be 400-500 game & not that fun IMO

#13162 8 years ago

Gottlieb Mini Pool $100

Guy says he's gonna throw it away.

#13163 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Orbit for $300 pf & bg don't look too bad from the pics (rusty coin door, coin entrance housing, and legs)

$300 is a much better buy for the Orbit than 300 for that Mustang. Most Orbit and Outer Space backglasses are blown out at the mans face and the name. That one looks to be a really nice in those areas. But starting to show some damage in the ball count area which is another problem spot for that game.

And its actually a pretty fun game. Made the operators lots of money back in the day (but then, so did Jungle/Wild Life). IF the Orbit were in So Cal, I would probably go and pick it up enjoy it for a while, and then pass it on to someone else. Just cover up the coin door, entry and rusty legs with hammer tone finish paint. Its certainly not worth the 3 repro parts without a full cabinet paint and then you would be into it for way more than an Orbit is worth even restored.

#13164 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Surfer for $700 in ME:
maine.craigslist.org link
Seems like a pretty decent deal.

This is one I really want one day. But I don't want it so bad to make that drive.

#13165 8 years ago

Not CL but.....

'62 Williams King Pin near Carson, California on the Pinside Market for $450

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25103

That was one of the favorites in an informal poll of the early Williams titles. Don't see this one come up for sale very often. Wish it were near me as it's one I'd like to try out.

#13166 8 years ago

This is one I really want one day. But I don't want it so bad to make that drive.

Me too, but this one does have some flaking in the title letters (pretty common), and is over 8 hours each way for me too, so will pass......

#13167 8 years ago

Not sure if this is still there, but did contact the seller with no reply.....probably overwhelmed with responses. Not a great example, but they don't come up that often. Heavy insert wear in the middle of the play field, and there may be some flaking on the backglass esp. in the space girl's face.

"Yet another Astro in CT ($450):
hartford.craigslist.org link"

#13168 8 years ago

Abra for $500 in PA:
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Soccer and Jungle Queen for $750 ea. in GA:
atlanta.craigslist.org link

#13169 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Not CL but.....
'62 Williams King Pin near Carson, California on the Pinside Market for $450
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25103
That was one of the favorites in an informal poll of the early Williams titles. Don't see this one come up for sale very often. Wish it were near me as it's one I'd like to try out.

Looks like the seller is also offering a Card Trix for $450 which looks nice. I'd get both... if I didn't already have them.

#13170 8 years ago

Another WMS King Pin, 100$$$!!! pic sucks but hey, it's only 100

pueblo.craigslist.org link

#13171 8 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Another WMS King Pin, 100$$$!!! pic sucks but hey, it's only 100
pueblo.craigslist.org link

Wow, that was posted 25 days ago. Wonder if he still has it or just didn't delete his ad.

#13172 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Not sure if this is still there, but did contact the seller with no reply.....probably overwhelmed with responses. Not a great example, but they don't come up that often. Heavy insert wear in the middle of the play field, and there may be some flaking on the backglass esp. in the space girl's face.
"Yet another Astro in CT ($450):
hartford.craigslist.org link"

He must have caught on that this title is desirable since it's now relisted @$1500 obo.

#13173 8 years ago

Someone's on Crack . Had first dibs Saturday Am in Bristol for 425$ and I passed from the original seller.. Coin Door and legs marginal , heavy paint loss on PF and BG game was beat and cabinet was roached. Was Not running rubbers dry rotted and yellowed . Someone bought it after I left from Southington (town next to Bristol) and is reselling it for 1500
WTF

#13174 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

He must have caught on that this title is desirable since it's now relisted @$1500 obo.

"This machine is rare only 500 made and the last one to sell sold for $3,500."

#13175 8 years ago

Guy is dreaming. The thing is worn to hell. Anothe pawn star dreamer. It was 425 and someone I know passed on it.

#13176 8 years ago

Aztec for $350 in CA:
losangeles.craigslist.org link

(Bigger dreamer than Astro flipper?)

Gtb Liberty Belle for $300 in DC:
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Top Card for $450 in CA:
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Fresh mystery game for $50 in OH:
toledo.craigslist.org link

#13177 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

And on eBay:
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Astro Pinball Machine Rare

#13178 8 years ago

Yikes! That Aztek is, well, words fail me.

#13180 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Fresh mystery game for $50 in OH:
toledo.craigslist.org link

Star Explorer home use pin. Seller will basically give it to anyone who wants to come pick it up. I actually like the art on the game but not enough to drive out to Toledo.

#13181 8 years ago

Good head scratcher in NC:

raleigh.craigslist.org link

"1970 red velvet pinball machine - $1750 (clayton)

1970's pinball machine with red velvet on the side. Great condition no cracks or scratches. Works great. "

#13182 8 years ago

Another great NC find!

#13183 8 years ago

Yes. Red Velvet tends to hold up very well to cracks or scratches.....

Glad they thought that would be the tidbit the buyer would be most interested to know.

#13184 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Red Velvet tends to hold up very well

Believe it or not
a few years ago
I bought a GTB AAB Big Top that had red velvet upholstery on the head and cabinet,
but original artwork was underneath after pulling the staples holding the velvet on.

#13185 8 years ago

I saw a Sweethearts with green velvet glued to the backglass to cover the bare spots

#13186 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Another great NC find!

It's probably only a Space Walk.

#13187 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

It's probably only a Space Walk.

I guess we'll never know.

#13188 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

He must be eager to sell if he's dropped to $1500 from when he paid $3500 for it, after all, "last one sold for $3,500"

#13189 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

He must be eager to sell if he's dropped to $1500 from when he paid $3500 for it, after all, "last one sold for $3,500"

It's already sold.

#13190 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I guess we'll never know.

All right - I've asked!

#13191 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

It's already sold.

Doubtful cause there's a full flame war going on . Actual pinball collectors are calling his BS and posting scam alerts . Ad was probably pulled because of the negative publicity . My First glance was: "Ugh" on the playfield STAR TREK was down to bare wood . Then I pulled off the back panel and you could see through the backglass . It was downhill from there .

#13192 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

All right - I've asked!

So it's a "4 Square". I'd guess the original graphics are there underneath. Might not be a bad project actually, if the price could be brought in line with its current condition. Sometimes the sellers just need some gentle education, despite the current disconnect on value.

20150624_174724.jpg20150624_174724.jpg

20150624_174737.jpg20150624_174737.jpg

20150624_183104.jpg20150624_183104.jpg

#13193 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Doubtful cause there's a full flame war going on . Actual pinball collectors are calling his BS and posting scam alerts . Ad was probably pulled because of the negative publicity . My First glance was: "Ugh" on the playfield Star Trek was down to bare wood . Then I pulled off the back panel and you could see through the backglass . It was downhill from there .

Both the CL ad and the eBay listing are gone, so just assumed it sold.

#13195 8 years ago

louisville.craigslist.org link

Full House $50

What's Full House like? Any fun?

#13196 8 years ago

It's an SS, no wonder he lost interest.

Ken

#13197 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Full House $50

What's Full House like? Any fun?

For that price it is a ton of fun! Run don't walk to buy it.

Ken

#13198 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

It's an SS, no wonder he lost interest.
Ken

Oops, I didn't catch that.

#13199 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

For that price it is a ton of fun! Run don't walk to buy it.
Ken

It is a great game. Tempted to drive 8hrs to get it.

#13200 8 years ago

I'm checking out a Stern Pinball EM this morning. ANyone have thoughts on it?

atlanta.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/264 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.