20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 350.
#12601 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's a haul...I'd wait it out for a local one. There's probably an elderly couple with a Capt. Card getting ready to sell nearby.

I like the way you think.

#12602 8 years ago

Hoping for an Atlantis project soon from a fellow Pinsider...

#12603 8 years ago

The Supreme Commander drug me to one of those little towns full of antique shops near Ocean City Md.

They had a Mad World in one of the shops.

It was marked $850

Didn't look horrible.

Some flecks in the BG.

PF looked decent.

Definitely needed a good shop.

Probably worth about 400

That's of course you think it's an ok game.

I took a couple quick pics if anyone wants a look.

Bert

#12604 8 years ago

I don't get the hot game trend in Capt Card. I wanted one and then found the gameplay a 6/10 and sold it . As 1974 AAB's go, for me Free Fall is a better player with a better rule set.

#12605 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's a haul...I'd wait it out for a local one. There's probably an elderly couple with a Capt. Card getting ready to sell nearby.

What is your definition of "elderly"?

#12606 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Not so much guilted as appealed to his sense of fair play. The pf is rather nice. Never seen one of these without wear through at the kick out holes
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_6.jpg

John,
So glad it worked out for you. That does look like one hell of a nice playfield. Travel safe, and enjoy your time in New England. You picked a period of very nice weather in the northeast.

#12607 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

" target="_blank">boston.craigslist.org link
Kewpie Doll just hit Boston CL but they spent 749$ having the game shopped? Man I wanna work on their stuff as side jobs

A little rusty and crusty, but definitely worth it for that title.

#12609 8 years ago

Orbit "a nice week-end project" WOW if they only knew how many hours it actually took to bring that game back to presentable

#12610 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Most Captain Cards surface in the Wisconsin and New York areas unless that elderly couple took it with them in a move.......deja vu maybe?

#12611 8 years ago

x2 Bally Fireballs $750
nwct.craigslist.org link

#12612 8 years ago

Capt. Card was prevalent on route in Conn. I Remember seeing them in several stores.

#12613 8 years ago

Buyer beware on the Fireball it's not a full sized pin

#12614 8 years ago

Capt. Card was prevalent on route in Conn. I Remember seeing them in several stores.

Did you guys get all aab's in Connecticut? I'm assuming they considered pinball gambling too.

#12615 8 years ago

Yes CT is an add-a-ball state, as was NY. As a result lots of great AAB pins around here. Seems like every single Dimension was in the NY/CT corridor.

#12616 8 years ago

I just never hear much about CT.

Hey Levi, I beat my best score (119,000) on Dimension last night and scored 150,770. So, that's only rolling it over once and I'm just an average player.

What are some good scores on that game from you guys that grew up playing them. Did you have to wait a long time for some guys to get off the game to play it on location? We never had that problem since replay games were so short.

#12617 8 years ago

greenville.craigslist.org link

BUCKAROO PINBALL MACHINE - $795 SC

#12618 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

" target="_blank">greenville.craigslist.org link

Somebody grab this and save another one!

#12619 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

" target="_blank">greenville.craigslist.org link

It's been on eBay a couple times now with no takers.

#12620 8 years ago

" target="_blank">boston.craigslist.org link
Kewpie Doll just hit Boston CL but they spent 749$ having the game shopped? Man I wanna work on their stuff as side jobs

This one's also been on eBay a few times now, with no takers (but the price keeps lowering slightly).

#12621 8 years ago

Looks like a shopped Pat Hand $799

southjersey.craigslist.org link

#12622 8 years ago

Royal Flush

Plays slow.

No price

southjersey.craigslist.org link

#12623 8 years ago

Hocus Pocus $350

Looks like a pretty good deal.

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#12625 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbarlo:

Jumping Jack $100
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Would really like.

Too bad it's 3500 miles away.

Anybody driving east to York

#12626 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbarlo:

Jumping Jack $100

Deal of the week.....

#12627 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbarlo:

Jumping Jack $100

I'm West coast, but that's 14+ hours each way. Dammit.

#12628 8 years ago

Got the spin a card loaded up. 1000 miles one way to get it. Wrapped a working vacation with my daughter around it. One of the most expensive cheap pins I ever bought.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12629 8 years ago

Bally Skyrocket -

springfield.craigslist.org link

skyrocket.jpgskyrocket.jpg

#12631 8 years ago

Wms Set Up in NH for $650:
nh.craigslist.org link

#12632 8 years ago

Far Out for $600:
kalamazoo.craigslist.org link

or Out of Sight for $1900:
newyork.craigslist.org link

Hmmm...

#12634 8 years ago

Jack in the Box for $700 in UT:
stgeorge.craigslist.org link

#12635 8 years ago

That Far Out looks sharp, anyone know the seller?

#12636 8 years ago

The Skyrocket looks nice and wish it were closer. I emailed the seller but no response. Is this anyone on here or did someone get it?

#12637 8 years ago

So thinking about my latest Spin a Card acquisition, 1000 miles each way.. What's the furthest any of you have personally driven to get a machine. This is a record for me. I have routinely done 300 to 350 each way and purchased from further to have the machines delivered but this is my longest pinball motivated road trip.

#12638 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

What's the furthest any of you have personally driven to get a machine.

I am about to drive to central Florida to pick up a Bowling Queen. I drove there once before to get my LOTR. In July, I drove to Massachusetts to pick up another pin. That's the extent of my range--so far.

#12639 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

So thinking about my latest Spin a Card acquisition, 1000 miles each way.. What's the furthest any of you have personally driven to get a machine. This is a record for me. I have routinely done 300 to 350 each way and purchased from further to have the machines delivered but this is my longest pinball motivated road trip.

You have me beat by more than double. My farthest was a little over 400 miles. Like you, I combined it with a family visit in the area for a few days.

One day round trip farthest was 750 miles... about 13 total hours in the vehicle.

#12640 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-farthest-youve-traveled-to-buy-an-em#post-2282756

#12641 8 years ago

Hoov,

I have a dimension I've put up over 250k as a top score. My Astro needs s flipper kit and some orange dots, have not cracked 100K yet. But only played 10-15 games since I got it. Been busy with family health stuff. Yes all I played as a kid in CT was AAB games.

Delta

#12642 8 years ago

Hoov,
I have a dimension I've put up over 250k as a top score. My Astro needs s flipper kit and some orange dots, have not cracked 100K yet. But only played 10-15 games since I got it. Been busy with family health stuff. Yes all I played as a kid in CT was AAB games.
Delta

Thanks........I figured you guys rolled it over more than once but thought I'd ask. Now I know what to try to beat unless someone says 300,000 or 400,000. Then, I'll just forget it

#12643 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I just never hear much about CT.
Hey Levi, I beat my best score (119,000) on Dimension last night and scored 150,770. So, that's only rolling it over once and I'm just an average player.
What are some good scores on that game from you guys that grew up playing them. Did you have to wait a long time for some guys to get off the game to play it on location? We never had that problem since replay games were so short.

I don't remember my best exactly, but I believe it was around 250,000. I've played hundreds if not thousands of games of Dimension. Every machine is different...Clay likes to repeat the tale of his friend getting in the millions over the course of several hours but I believe hi power coils might have had something to do with that. I much prefer Dimension to 2001, which is really just pointless as a replay game at home.

I would love an Astro but they seem much harder to find than Dimension.

#12644 8 years ago

Astro I've seen only 2 in 4 years and at least a half dozen Dimensions . Both games have wide flippers you gotta nudge those babies to break 100K . My Astro needs a cabinet repaint the PF cleaned up nice, BG is an 8.5+ . Honestly it's a keeper game very fun to play. Too hot right now to sand and bondo , fall is a good time to paint.

#12646 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

What's the furthest any of you have personally driven to get a machine.

750 miles round trip in one day from 5:30 am to 7 pm with breaks and an hour to break down the machine because the guy didn't know how.

This was to get a Williams Grand Champion, the machine I had as a teenager and had to leave behind when my family moved across the country.

Was worth it.
Bruce

#12647 8 years ago

I got 700 round trip in one day to get an EM gun game. Frikkin' got hung up on 287 in front of the Zee in the way back, added 1.5 hours to the ordeal. Next time I'm going up 87N on Sunday afternoon. Every Jackwagon with a camper or trailer was heading back East. with combo plates I couldntveven sneak onto the Saw Mill

#12648 8 years ago

No photos - Gottlieb Scuba for 300, but needs glass...? Which glass?
newjersey.craigslist.org link

#12649 8 years ago

Which glass ? Probably PF ?? but these bozos really need to understand pics are paramount to garnering our interest. I sort by images on CL , no Pic no view for me.

#12650 8 years ago

Astro I've seen only 2 in 4 years and at least a half dozen Dimensions . Both games have wide flippers you gotta nudge those babies to break 100K . My Astro needs a cabinet repaint the PF cleaned up nice, BG is an 8.5+ . Honestly it's a keeper game very fun to play. Too hot right now to sand and bondo , fall is a good time to paint.

I like Astro because it's one of very few (I believe - could be wrong) Gottliebs with both small flippers and inlanes. I think it's only this one, 4 square, and dimenson/2001. I like the small flippers with the added control of the inlanes. It's fun to do all your big flipper tricks on them - you can even post pass. 4square is a fun game but the art/theme and add-a-ball of Astro is far superior.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 24.98
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/253 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.