20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 350.
#12202 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Team One for $850 in NY:
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

That's a damn fine playing game. I put a couple of hours on that title at the NW pin show.

#12203 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Hmm, seems familiar...

Yes, if only I KNEW someone with a Vulcan in Gig Harbor, Washington.....

#12204 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Hmm, seems familiar...

Yes, if only I KNEW someone with a Vulcan in Gig Harbor, Washington.....

#12205 8 years ago

The Vulcan is looking very familiar now.

Is it sold yet?

#12206 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The Vulcan is looking very familiar now.
Is it sold yet?

Getting lots of interest -- should be sold by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

#12207 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Getting lots of interest -- should be sold by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Someone will be happy!

#12208 8 years ago

Slap a bgresto in that

Quoted from goldenboy232:Getting lots of interest -- should be sold by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Slap a bgresto in that baby and you have one very nice machine.

#12209 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Slap a bgresto in that

Slap a bgresto in that baby and you have one very nice machine.

Yeah, it's a really fun game to play, it's just not in my Top 10 and if I only have room for 6-7 games (that's pushing it) right now, it doesn't make that list. So, I'm going to move it for a small profit and look to acquire others. Happy I was able to take a game that was completely taken apart and in desperate need of some TLC and -- with SIGNIFICANT help from DirtFlipper (thanks, man!) -- get it working and ready for sale.

#12210 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Yeah, it's a really fun game to play, it's just not in my Top 10 and if I only have room for 6-7 games (that's pushing it) right now, it doesn't make that list. So, I'm going to move it for a small profit and look to acquire others. Happy I was able to take a game that was completely taken apart and in desperate need of some TLC and -- with SIGNIFICANT help from DirtFlipper (thanks, man!) -- get it working and ready for sale.

You bought it right if you are making anything at your asking price. I just sold mine for much more than that and took a moderate loss. Granted my BG was better but factor in a BGresto, it's on par with what I had invested. Great game for the buck.

#12211 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

You bought it right if you are making anything at your asking price. I just sold mine for much more than that and took a moderate loss. Granted my BG was better but factor in a BGresto, it's on par with what I had invested. Great game for the buck.

I haven't sent him my bill yet...

Is the backglass really that bad though? Can't quite tell from the ad pics, but nothing jumps out as horrible (which is why one can't always rely on CL ad pics).

#12212 8 years ago

Not too common 1953 "Olympics" -$500

If only it was closer....
memphis.craigslist.org link

#12213 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I haven't sent him my bill yet...
Is the backglass really that bad though? Can't quite tell from the ad pics, but nothing jumps out as horrible (which is why one can't always rely on CL ad pics).

Well there is a hole on the upper left that's about the size of three silver dollars that removed portions of the wording that shows which player is up. There's some paint missing from the white areas by the score reels on P1 and P2, and there are some smaller holes near the bottom. But the character's head and body, and the "Vulcan" logo are near perfect.

The glass blemishes, combined with the two missing plastics, are why I'm selling it so reasonably priced. My purchase price was very low as the game wasn't working and was completely disassembled.

So, I'll move it along and roll that profit into another game -- maybe as soon as this week.

#12214 8 years ago
#12215 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not too common 1953 "Olympics" -$500
If only it was closer....
memphis.craigslist.org link

Dirt posted this one previously. Kind of neat. One of the few Roy Parker Williams machines.

#12216 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Dirt posted this one previously. Kind of neat. One of the few Roy Parker Williams machines.

I thought it looked familiar but I couldn't find the post. Roy Parker, Harry Mabs, and Harry Williams collaberation. After having Pinky now for a while, I am now on the lookout for more impulse flipper games. It really is that good. But not many have that kind of unique layout.

#12217 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Team One for $850 in NY:
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

If I didn't already have ACD, I'll be in the car!

#12218 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought it looked familiar but I couldn't find the post. Roy Parker, Harry Mabs, and Harry Williams collaberation. After having Pinky now for a while, I am now on the lookout for more impulse flipper games. It really is that good. But not many have that kind of unique layout.

Williams made some real creative stuff in that era. Skyway, Thunderbird, Colors, Nine Sisters, Big Ben. I visited a friend last weekend and he was getting a neighbors Dew Wa Ditty up and running again. Beautiful example with great back glass but the play field didn't look all that interesting.

#12219 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

the play field didn't look all that interesting.

The playfield on Pinky is looking much better now that I have it tore down and have removed all that shellac. It was tough to bring myself to do as it is now not only my favorite single player game but it is a crowd favorite too. Down time on this one has to be short.

#12220 8 years ago

Yeah, this one looks cool. You wouldn't happen to know who has one would you?

image-4.jpgimage-4.jpg

#12221 8 years ago

Nope, tough one to find.

#12222 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

tough one to find

I'm on a mission.

mission.jpegmission.jpeg

#12223 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's a Foto Finish for $600-
reno.craigslist.org link

Here are some additional pictures. I was thinking about it assuming the pf was much better than the one I have, but ended up deciding to pass.

foto_finish_2.jpgfoto_finish_2.jpg

foto_finish_5.jpgfoto_finish_5.jpg

foto_finish_3.jpgfoto_finish_3.jpg

foto_finish_4.jpgfoto_finish_4.jpg

foto_finish_6.jpgfoto_finish_6.jpg

foto_finish_8.jpgfoto_finish_8.jpg

foto_finish_9.jpgfoto_finish_9.jpg

foto_finish_7.jpgfoto_finish_7.jpg

#12224 8 years ago

Thunderbird has one of the coolest layouts that I have seen.
bet it was a low production

#12225 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Thunderbird has one of the coolest layouts that I have seen.

Did you get to play it? I did get to play Big Ben once and it was kind of cool.

#12226 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you get to play it? I did get to play Big Ben once and it was kind of cool.

never seen it before. I did play the big ben at a show once but it was not shopped out and played like crap. if it was tuned I bet it would have been a good game.

#12227 8 years ago

Finding something like this must be like a needle in the haystack. Keeping eyes and ears open may be the only way. You are right, they probably didn't make too many.

#12228 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Finding something like this must be like a needle in the haystack. Keeping eyes and ears open may be the only way. You are right, they probably didn't make too many.

the hunt is 1/2 the fun for me... that one made it on the list.

#12229 8 years ago

Let me know when you find it would ya? No really. I am now to the point where finding these obscure relics is what I am enjoying most about this hobby. That and fixing them up and playing them.

#12230 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am now to the point where finding these obscure relics is what I am enjoying most about this hobby. That and fixing them up and playing them.

Well, sure took ya long enough...

#12231 8 years ago

Well I did have to get thru my want list and some of the more common games before I found my true calling. I'm not sure how many EMs I have now I had ever heard of before the interwebs came along. Even that isn't much help finding some of them or even basic info sometimes. But onward I trek...

#12232 8 years ago

Speaking of trekking on, this old playfield is cleaning up pretty nicely now that I have removed that layer of brown goo and removed and re glued all the inserts. Do I want it to be perfect? Nah, I just want to get my $100 worth. Two coats of wax, new rubbers and balls and it will be fine.

DSCN3798.JPGDSCN3798.JPG

#12233 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

now that I have removed that layer of brown goo

What did you end up using on it? Denatured alcohol perhaps?

#12234 8 years ago

A lot of alcohol and paper towels did the trick. There was very little additional paint loss. That shellac actually preserved it pretty well and looked like it had been put on a long time ago. Maybe it was an atempt to level the inserts. I heated them up with a hair dryer, popped them out and re-installed them with Elmers wood glue. I have had good luck with that as it is slow to dry, cleans up easy, and they can be removed later if need be.

#12235 8 years ago

I did the same thing with the inserts on River Boat and a couple of others and I am very happy with the results. I don't mind some minor wear, but I want the playfield smooth.

DSCN3799.JPGDSCN3799.JPG

#12236 8 years ago

Bly Wizard for $800 in Houston:
houston.craigslist.org link

Might be decent.

#12237 8 years ago

1975 Gottlieb`s Sure Shot in New Jersey
cnj.craigslist.org link

#12238 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I did the same thing with the inserts on River Boat and a couple of others and I am very happy with the results. I don't mind some minor wear, but I want the playfield smooth.
DSCN3799.JPG

Clear coating the entire playfield works well too.

#12239 8 years ago

Not that smooth.

#12240 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Clear coating the entire playfield works well too.

No need for that - just put it on high tap!

#12241 8 years ago

Let me clarify. I like the feel of an original playfield but don't like it when a ball comes to rest in a sunken insert.

#12243 8 years ago

I have seen TKO, EM Charlies Angels and EM Evel Knievel in person, never Thunderbird. You never know though, there aren't as many guys looking for this title. Well, there wasn't anyway….

#12244 8 years ago

It never hurts to ask.

#12245 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like the feel of an original playfield

I like the balls to roll naturally like they're
supposed to instead of sliding across a clear coated playfield.

#12246 8 years ago

Truth is refinishing a playfield would be great with the original laquer finish but would be kind of pointless without doing a total restore on the art work. I bring them back to life, clean them up, and give them the kind of maintainance and play they have been lacking for many years. They should remain in same condition as long as I own them and that is what I am after.

#12247 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I have seen TKO, EM Charlies Angels and EM Evel Knievel in person, never Thunderbird. You never know though, there aren't as many guys looking for this title. Well, there wasn't anyway….

There was a Thunderbird on ebay last year but can't remember if it sold.

#12249 8 years ago

I never thought it would be easy to find a HUO EM Joker Poker either. But now I'm really digging deep.

#12250 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never thought it would be easy to find a HUO EM Joker Poker either. But now I'm really digging deep.

the hard ones tend to pop up when you are not looking, you have to keep on your toes
even a bad example would be worth grabbing if it can up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.98
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.