20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 350.
#11851 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It was most likely some woman in her 50's or 60's that sold it off and had no clue nor did she care what it was worth. Someone's either spouse, father,grandpa, uncle passed away most likely. If god forbid I passed my wife wouldn't have the foggiest of clues what my games are worth nor would she care.

Hey, let me know if you plan on croaking anytime soon. I will be over with offers.

#11852 8 years ago

This is the Aquarius I shopped and sold last year.

kansascity.craigslist.org link

#11853 8 years ago

Daily Deals

Lawman for $650 in PA:
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

4 Square for $400 in KY:
lexington.craigslist.org link

Royal Flush for trade in WI:
madison.craigslist.org link

EBD for a decent price in CO:
denver.craigslist.org link
(Just tossing that in there, since it is a good price)

Cool early 1930's Par Golf in MI:
grandrapids.craigslist.org link

#11854 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

denver.craigslist.org link (Just tossing that in there, since it is a good price)

Saw that...if I had ANY room I'd pick that up.

#11855 8 years ago

lancaster.craigslist.org link

I am posting this in hopes someone will be able to get in contact with the guy. I tried no luck and I am in the process of fixing mine and it would be great to have this as either a reference or parts!

#11856 8 years ago
Quoted from marcgans:

I am posting this in hopes someone will be able to get in contact with the guy. I tried no luck and I am in the process of fixing mine and it would be great to have this as either a reference or parts!

Looks fixable, hope you get it for a comparison and save both from the parts bin. Good Luck.

Ken

#11857 8 years ago

Decent Surf Champ in PA for $1000:
poconos.craigslist.org link

But with a moving seller, so might be a good one for offers.

#11858 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

" target="_blank">poconos.craigslist.org link

Game definitely needs a good playfield cleaning.

#11859 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

" target="_blank">poconos.craigslist.org link

Nice looking game...

#11860 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Nice looking game...

It would be a beautiful game for $400 considering it needs repair and shopping. At 1K it's ok, even if they are accepting offers. This is one on my want list but not going to even waste my time given the distance, condition (BG is roached) and asking price.

#11861 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

It would be a beautiful game for $400 considering it needs repair and shopping. At 1K it's ok, even if they are accepting offers. This is one on my want list but not going to even waste my time given the distance, condition (BG is roached) and asking price.

I have one in NJ for sale with a very nice BG for $650.

#11862 8 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I have one in NJ for sale with a very nice BG for $650.

If it were the two player, I'd be a player!

#11863 8 years ago

Wms Star Pool for $250 in Philly:
philadelphia.craigslist.org link

(fresh ad)

#11864 8 years ago

Gtb King Pin for $400 in Boston:
boston.craigslist.org link

Looks a bit rough possibly, but can't see the playfield or backglass well enough.

#11865 8 years ago

Nice-looking Bally Trail Drive ($650) in Spokane, Wash: spokane.craigslist.org link

#11866 8 years ago

I used to want a Trail Drive at one time. Cool looking game and one of the few Ballys with mechanical backglass animation.

#11867 8 years ago

Trail Drive is one I was always kind of interested in too. The playfield is so sparse though I wonder if it's any fun?

#11868 8 years ago

It's fun to look at.

#11869 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Trail Drive is one I was always kind of interested in too. The playfield is so sparse though I wonder if it's any fun?

it is better than El Toro

#11870 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

it is better than El Toro

#11871 8 years ago

Every time I think I've got him beat, that Bob just finds a way to stay in the game.

DSCN3749.JPGDSCN3749.JPG

#11872 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

that Bob just finds a way to stay in the game.

Wood trim looks great on that Serenade. What was used for it?

#11873 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

What was used for it?

Tree wood. Actually it looks like it could be oak. Alex wood know for sure.

#11874 8 years ago

I believe it is Oak, but I'm not 100% certain. It's definitely tree wood.

Tied up at 50 on ball 2. That seems about right.

#11875 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I believe it is Oak, but I'm not 100% certain. It's definitely tree wood.

It sure is a good looking machine whatever the wood. I had few guests over this weekend and they are liking all the recent additions. One more to get tonight!

Quoted from AlexF:

Tied up at 50 on ball 2. That seems about right.

It is a lot like Magic Clock as points are not a gimme. But there are big points to be had. We usually play pretty close on these kinds of machines, but Bob swept me last night in the Pit Stop, Serenade, and Surf Side tournament. I'll get him next time...

#11876 8 years ago

Hey odin,

I was just at a guys house buying a game and was looking at his projects he had collected over the years - he had a few of your Williams favorites in his stash. See, now that I'm looking for them they're out there - you just have to look hard.

Palooka
Friendship 7
Trade Winds
Jungle
Heat Wave

For some reason Teachers Pet didn't appeal to him though - scratching my head on that one......

#11877 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

For some reason Teachers Pet didn't appeal to him though - scratching my head on that one......

It might be too modern compared to the rest of them. It almost has the feel of a 70s game until you get to those short flippers. I like it a lot so far. Lighting up all the letters is not easy, even on a five ball game. I am yet to do it and came up one letter short.

#11878 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It might be too modern compared to the rest of them. It almost has the feel of a 70s game until you get to those short flippers. I like it a lot so far. Lighting up all the letters is not easy, even on a five ball game. I am yet to do it and came up one letter short.

I want to play one someday. I like the artwork on Teachers Pet.

He asked me if I had a Williams King Pin - haha - sorry, none here in Gottlieb land.

#11879 8 years ago

I'd like to get my hands on one of those Heat Waves some day, but after tonites pickup I will have to put on the brakes. No more room period. But I am very excited about the one i am getting. I won't say what it is until it is here, but it is older than me and it is not a Williams.

#11880 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to get my hands on one of those Heat Waves some day, but after tonites pickup I will have to put on the brakes. No more room period. But I am very excited about the one i am getting. I won't say what it is until it is here, but it is older than me and it is not a Williams.

#11881 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

It's definitely tree wood.

I mean I wondered what was used for finishing on the wood trim? Varnish? Shellac? It looks really good.

#11882 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Need more clues...

#11883 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sluggin!

#11884 8 years ago

The only real question is where am I gonna put it.

DSCN3755.JPGDSCN3755.JPG

#11885 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN3755.JPG

Beautiful machine O-din!

Quoted from PinballFever:

I mean I wondered what was used for finishing on the wood trim? Varnish? Shellac? It looks really good.

Oh, yeah I got you. I used polyurethane on Serenade. It is super durable. I have since switched to Lacquer though as it's what they used originally. It smells like hell but dries fast and smooth.

#11886 8 years ago

Wow, that Frontiersman looks to be in all-around great shape! Nice score.

#11887 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I have since switched to Lacquer though as it's what they used originally.

Thanks. Will the Lacquer alter the natural wood color or just shine it up? I'd like to keep the wood color as it is but make it look good plus protect it.

#11888 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can give that a fine home. Let me find something to trade ya for it. Just give me a shopping list...

#11889 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN3755.JPG

Great game and in wonderful condition! Fabulous Davy Crockett theme. I made room for mine once I found one and it has become one of my favorite woodies.
Flaming arrows, multiple special awards, and classic Parker cartoon art. (Love the "A La Mode 2000 mile sign" - Parker reference to the Alamo where Crockett fought).
Good luck!

#11890 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Frontiersman

what a score
congrats

#11891 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Time to move one into one of the bedrooms that had beds temporarily.

#11892 8 years ago

It is a 60 year old machine, so it is not without a little wear and tear, but I have wanted a Frontiersman for a long time. I think I ended up with a pretty decent survivor that appears to be almost all original including a near perfect backglass.

It was a long night for Nimblepin and me to go pick it up, but we stopped at Tommy's and got Chili Cheese burgers on the way home. It was close to midnight when we got home, but right as we got it out of the truck and set up, here comes Bob wandering up the driveway. I let him play a couple games and then called it a night. Today I have off so I will find a place for it.

// Error: Image 418309 not found //

#11893 8 years ago

"It is a 60 year old machine, so it is not without a little wear and tear"

It looks pretty darn good to me!

#11894 8 years ago

One just turned up in OKC and was purchased by a local. Now another? I thought they were rare. :p

Derby Day: seattle.craigslist.org link

#11895 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

It looks pretty darn good to me!

Me too!

#11896 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

One just turned up in OKC and was purchased by a local. Now another? I thought they were rare. :p
Derby Day: seattle.craigslist.org link

If I wasn't a.) Solely a Gottlieb guy [not because I'm a snob, but because it's what I'm learning to work on] and b.) up to my arm-pits in this Vulcan restoration, I'd buy it.

#11897 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

If I wasn't a.) Solely a Gottlieb guy [not because I'm a snob, but because it's what I'm learning to work on] and b.) up to my arm-pits in this Vulcan restoration, I'd buy it.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that game. Some here like the horse race games. While it has flippers it is more of a one trick pony, no pun in tended, and doesn't have the staying power of a decent pinball.

And for the condition that one appears to be in it isn't worth close to what they are asking for it.

#11898 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

here comes Bob wandering up the driveway. I let him play a couple games and then called it a night.

Good 'ol Bob and his timing.

#11900 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Good 'ol Bob and his timing.

For a guy that lives a few blocks away, he is also pretty good at smelling when food is about to come off the BBQ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 24.98
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/238 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.