20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 350.
#8751 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

This explains where all the OCD treatment to your Magic City came from.
I've always wanted an audiophile system with a consumer level budget. I've finally settled on the following great bang for your buck components, all purchased used:
Speakers - PSB Stratus Gold i (if you have the power these are amazing)
Amp - Parasound Halo A21
Preamp - Aesthetix Calypso
CD - Sim Audio Moon 5.3
This along with a power conditioner and miscellaneous power and interconnect cables and I'm finally happy. And pinball paid for most of it.

I got a Marantz receiver with a Definitive Technology speaker set up. Not too pricey but still kicks ass. Don't even care about going to the theaters anymore. Just stay home, drink some beer and crank it up...until the wife says "enough!"

#8752 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Just stay home, drink some beer and crank it up...until the wife says "enough!"

At my house it was stay home, drink some gin and crank it up... until the neighbors called the cops. Then I switched to whisky..... and beer. No more gin for me!

#8753 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At my house it was stay home, drink some gin and crank it up... until the neighbors called the cops. Then I switched to whisky..... and beer. No more gin for me!

Oh, you gotta know when to quit.

#8754 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Oh, you gotta know when to quit.

When the bracelets are on and you are heading downtown, is that the time to quit?

#8755 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then I switched to whisky..... and beer.

An idea of what I was like on whiskey and beer. No more for me, I'll stick to gin!

Ken

big indian.jpgbig indian.jpg
#8756 9 years ago

Gin=mellowwwww!

#8757 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Gin=mellowwwww!

Ok you've talked me into it! Now who's going to post my bail?

#8758 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When the bracelets are on and you are heading downtown, is that the time to quit?

No joke. I am the cops. No bracelets for me!

#8759 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I did a Gottlieb King Rock over the summer. SIXTEEN score reels disassembled, cleaned and reassembled. Each one took about 45 minutes. You become like a robot while doing them. It's not hard.

Yeah, actually that robot-like experience is part of the fun for me... getting in "the zone" where time loses significance and you become one with the process. Same thing I felt when building tube monoblocks... feels great when you have the time to give yourself to it, no compromises, no rushing.

#8760 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yeah, actually that robot-like experience is part of the fun for me... getting in "the zone" where time loses significance and you become one with the process. Same thing I felt when building tube monoblocks... feels great when you have the time to give yourself to it, no compromises, no rushing.

I put some music on in the back ground. I'd say to myself "we're gonna finish player three this morning and have some lunch." Then, I'd get to work. My wife says I'm a crazy person. I told her to get back in the house if she knows what's good for her. Somebody thought white grease was a good idea for lubrication...and I gotta fix it. Then I'd laugh like a crazy person and she'd leave me alone for a while.

#8761 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

This explains where all the OCD treatment to your Magic City came from.
I've always wanted an audiophile system with a consumer level budget. I've finally settled on the following great bang for your buck components, all purchased used:
Speakers - PSB Stratus Gold i (if you have the power these are amazing)
Amp - Parasound Halo A21
Preamp - Aesthetix Calypso
CD - Sim Audio Moon 5.3
This along with a power conditioner and miscellaneous power and interconnect cables and I'm finally happy. And pinball paid for most of it.

yea, spending heaven knows how many hours learning audio and video theory and then even more hours implementing it prepared me perfectly for pin restoration...

i think my ears would like your setup... salk ht2-tl's here (with some custom surrounds that they made me) and a seaton submersive hp for the actual noisemakers... using a denon receiver these days since i am (was?) an audyssey pro addict... oppo disk spinner that basically only gets used for sacd/dvd-a, all other disks just get ripped and streamed, it's nice to have my entire music library in the palm of my hand...

swmbo is the "tube head"... i don't have the patience to roll tubes, but i wouldn't mind rebuilding an old mac if i ever came across one cheap... she also likes cans, which i'm not overly fond of, i'd rather use a decent set of buds when required (although i DO want to check out some of the new wireless stuff, it would be nice to get rid of the cord while walking/working out)...

i wish pinball had paid for it...

#8762 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I put some music on in the back ground. I'd say to myself "we're gonna finish player three this morning and have some lunch." Then, I'd get to work. My wife says I'm a crazy person. I told her to get back in the house if she knows what's good for her. Somebody thought white grease was a good idea for lubrication...and I gotta fix it. Then I'd laugh like a crazy person and she'd leave me alone for a while.

i like that...

#8763 9 years ago

Can't find anything on this machine. I assume it may have been re-themed at some point??

charlotte.craigslist.org link

#8764 9 years ago

I believe it was once a Lucky Strike or Bowl-A-Strike.

#8765 9 years ago

Gtb Twin Bill for $1500/obo in PA:
lancaster.craigslist.org link

(neat game)

#8766 9 years ago

I think Bob Herbison wrote a nice article on Twin Bill for Pingame some years back. Reading it really made me want one.

#8767 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I think Bob Herbison wrote a nice article on Twin Bill for Pingame some years back. Reading it really made me want one.

I bought a number of woodrails due in large part to Bob's excellent write-ups.

Thanks Bob!

#8768 9 years ago

friendship 7 - $575 - readington (nj)

cnj.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8769 9 years ago

4 queens - $500 - short hills (nj)

newjersey.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8770 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

friendship 7 - $575 - readington (nj)
cnj.craigslist.org link

image.jpg 29 KB

I thought he had dropped that price a couple weeks ago.......?
Wish the cabinet was not as flaky/planked, BG is available.....

#8771 9 years ago

sky divers - $300 - westfield (nj)

might be a good pickup for someone...

newjersey.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8772 9 years ago

mmm I'd love that Sky Divers. I spent months restoring that back glass in Photoshop so this pin has special meaning for me now. I'll have to buy one some day.

#8773 9 years ago

gtb hit n run (woodie) - no price - north attleboro (ma)

southcoast.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8774 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

mmm I'd love that Sky Divers. I spent months restoring that back glass in Photoshop so this pin has special meaning for me now. I'll have to buy one some day.

too bad that shipping would be more than the cost of the machine, otherwise "we" could likely provide some ground support...

#8775 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

hmmm... i must have missed that price drop... if it was a bit less, i'd be tempted, even with the funky cab...

#8776 9 years ago

well thank you very much Chris. Certainly appreciated. When I get in the market to buy some pins it'll be nice to have some pinsider contacts.

#8777 9 years ago

not sure if this got posted or not...

far out - $500 - ma/nh

boston.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8778 9 years ago

another spanish eyes - $800 - framingham (ma)

boston.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8779 9 years ago

exhibit mam'selle - $250 - morris (ct)

flipperless machines aren't my cup of tea, but this appears to be pretty decent...

nwct.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8780 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

not sure if this got posted or not...

far out - $500 - ma/nh

It's been up for a few weeks. Keeps getting reposted. The backglass looks kind of crunchy. Maybe not quite worth $500? Apparently the market here thinks not.

#8781 9 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

It's been up for a few weeks. Keeps getting reposted. The backglass looks kind of crunchy. Maybe not quite worth $500? Apparently the market here thinks not.

yea, the bg does look like it has seen better days... i guess if he keeps re-listing he's not willing to take less yet...

#8782 9 years ago

I doubt he's that interested in keeping it, it's not even set-up. With that said not everyone is open to negotiation. Hard to say though as it appears no one has approached him yet.

Of course if your planning to upgrade the glass you have to consider the total worth of the game. It's probably not worth much more than $650 cleaned up and playing. So unless it's a title your really excited about $300 is probably a safe number to be at.

#8783 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I doubt he's that interested in keeping it, it's not even set-up. With that said not everyone is open to negotiation. Hard to say though as it appears no one has approached him yet.
Of course if your planning to upgrade the glass you have to consider the total worth of the game. It's probably not worth much more than $650 cleaned up and playing. So unless it's a title your really excited about $300 is probably a safe number to be at.

+1 what Alex says

I think Far Out was the game where Alex said if they would have kept the psychedelic theme and improved the artwork to eliminate the checkered pattern it would have been an improvement. The checkered theme would fit better with a racing themed game..........

#8784 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

gtb hit n run (woodie) - no price - north attleboro (ma)
" target="_blank">southcoast.craigslist.org link

Love seeing the woodrails pop up for sale. This looks like a nice one.

#8785 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

hmmm... i must have missed that price drop... if it was a bit less, i'd be tempted, even with the funky cab...

Still available, make me an offer!

#8786 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I think Far Out was the game where Alex said if they would have kept the psychedelic theme and improved the artwork to eliminate the checkered pattern it would have been an improvement. The checkered theme would fit better with a racing themed game..........

Well, don't always listen to what Alex says.

If I remember right my lack of love for psychedelia wasn't necessarily well received. The checkered pattern in the backglass isn't terrible. I suppose it's like a 60s op art tie in. The drops just seemed out of place to me. Maybe some merry mushrooms or at least give the checks some optical bend.

#8787 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Well, don't always listen to what Alex says.
If I remember right my lack of love for psychedelia wasn't necessarily well received. The checkered pattern in the backglass isn't terrible. I suppose it's like a 60s op art tie in. The drops just seemed out of place to me. Maybe some merry mushrooms or at least give the checks some optical bend.

Give yourself some credit - I agree with you 100%

#8788 9 years ago

peoria.craigslist.org link

If anyone is interested in these games I'm helping this guy post them for sale. He's downsizing his collection due to space issues. He lives only 20 minutes away from me. I can get you good information or pics and if you want a package deal you can see what he says.

Gottlieb 2-players: Outer Space (in good shape) $600
Mini-Cycle (in good shape) $600
Mustang (recently shopped - in good shape - maybe new bg) $600

Gottlieb Single Players: Top Card (probably the worst of all if I remember) $450
Sure Shot (In good shape) $450 (good price)

Some of his games had new backglasses but the only one I'm thinking had one was Mustang. I'll send him an e-mail and ask him.

EDIT: The owner said Mustang does have a new Mayfair glass in it.

By the way I get first dibs on any games pictured in his remaining collection if he ever parts with them!

#8789 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Just check my old posting of the Friendship 7 on CL. Never listed it less than $575. $575 was the price drop. Open for offers.

#8790 9 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Just check my old posting of the Friendship 7 on CL. Never listed it less than $575. $575 was the price drop. Open for offers.

Literally just wondering this morning what F7's go for. Is $500 about right for working?

#8791 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If anyone is interested in these games I'm helping this guy post them for sale. He's downsizing his collection due to space issues. He lives only 20 minutes away from me. I can get you good information or pics and if you want a package deal you can see what he says.
Gottlieb Single Players: Top Card (probably the worst of all if I remember) $450
Some of his games had new backglasses but the only one I'm thinking had one was Mustang. I'll send him an e-mail and ask him.
By the way I get first dibs on any games pictured in his remaining collection if he ever parts with them!

Sure Shot seems like the deal of the bunch.

#8792 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I call seconds!

#8793 9 years ago

Yes, dirtflipper is no. 2 on this one!

#8794 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

sky divers - $300 - westfield (nj)
might be a good pickup for someone...
" target="_blank">newjersey.craigslist.org link

image.jpg 28 KB

I called about this one. I think it's gone.

#8795 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I believe it was once a Lucky Strike or Bowl-A-Strike.

Yup, sure looks like it was once a "Lucky Strike". You can tell it's not the add-a-ball version because it has the extra reel.

#8796 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yes, you can do some ugly things to your wallet in the "audiophile" world... fortunately, i never chased nirvana through electronics, but several sets of speakers (and subs) passed through here before i was finally satisfied... swmbo is a big music person, so she didn't have issues with that...
the year and and half of room revisions, teardowns, repaints, trapping, measuring, experimenting and so on to get it "right" wore on her patience a bit though... especially when i was learning how to do video calibration...

thanks man...

Before I became obsessed with em's ,I had a run with vintage electronics and tube amps .I finally got the system I wanted and then concentrated on em'sP1020904.JPGP1020904.JPGP1020905.JPGP1020905.JPGP1020907.JPGP1020907.JPG

#8797 9 years ago

A side benefit to having a tube amp is that they double as a space heater on these chilly nights!

#8798 9 years ago

This is my audiophile setup.

_mickey.jpg_mickey.jpg
#8799 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

hmmm.... I want those 2 single players. Do they work? Shipping?

#8800 9 years ago

iron00monkey - send me a pm and I'll follow-up and answer your questions.

Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 24.98
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/176 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.