20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 350.
#8401 9 years ago

Williams Gulfstream @ $500 dallas.craigslist.org link

#8402 9 years ago

Gottlieb Happy Clown @ $800 Cabinet is a little....

dallas.craigslist.org link

#8403 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Funny how sometimes the person repainting the game makes a semi-realistic attempt at reproducing the original artwork. It's like they blew away all the original paint, didn't take pictures, and then said "hmm, I think it kind of looked like this!"

Here's my latest repaint, just finished this weekend. I think it's close Webbing isn't perfect, usually these are done too thick, in this case it's a little too thin. The lacquer was not thick enough, had to add corn starch and applied freeze spray to my spray reservoir to get it this thick.

IMG_4272.JPGIMG_4272.JPG IMG_4270.JPGIMG_4270.JPG IMG_4269.JPGIMG_4269.JPG
#8404 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Here's my latest repaint, just finished this weekend. I think it's close Webbing isn't perfect, usually these are done too thick, in this case it's a little too thin. The lacquer was not thick enough, had to add corn starch and applied freeze spray to my spray reservoir to get it this thick.

Looks pretty good, like you said, perhaps webbing a bit thin. Where did you spray it, in your garage/basement? Outside? Also, looks like Elmo approves, and are those cat treats I spy on the table? Perhaps you should have a cat avatar?!

IMG_4270.JPG 137 KB

IMG_4272.JPG 211 KB

IMG_4269.JPG 184 KB

#8405 9 years ago

Very cool Genco Stop n Go woodrail from a good guy in MD:
baltimore.craigslist.org link

#8406 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Looks pretty good, like you said, perhaps webbing a bit thin. Where did you spray it, in your garage/basement? Outside? Also, looks like Elmo approves, and are those cat treats I spy on the table? Perhaps you should have a cat Avatar?!

Meh, I'm a dog kind of guy, the cats are my wife's and daughters but I get to keep the litterbox and feeding area in my workshop since it's in a remote part of the house.

I spray outside except small jobs like the stenciled patterns.

#8408 9 years ago

Looks good Joe... I'd much rather have a too-light webbing than too dark, for sure.

Don O

#8409 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Funny how sometimes the person repainting the game makes a semi-realistic attempt at reproducing the original artwork. It's like they blew away all the original paint, didn't take pictures, and then said "hmm, I think it kind of looked like this!"

This is a Spanish Eyes I picked up, Not sure what they were thinking, The good news is when I went to clean it, most of it came off. I plan to repaint it someday, but for now I'll just tuck it between two other pins.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG
#8410 9 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

This is a Spanish Eyes I picked up, Not sure what they were thinking, The good news is when I went to clean it, most of it came off. I plan to repaint it someday, but for now I'll just tuck it between two other pins.

photo.JPG 187 KB

well, you can console yourself by remembering that we've seen MUCH worse...

#8411 9 years ago

Actually, the stock cab art wasn't that much better. Since it's already been molested, I was thinking about doing something different, maybe using the Spanish Eyes lettering like in the backglass with the roses and dancing people, the stock art is kinda 'Meh'.

#8412 9 years ago

I understand that desire to go custom, but a factory design is the best way to add value back into the machine.

#8413 9 years ago

Spanish Eyes would look good with a shag carpet exterior.

#8414 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Spanish Eyes would look good with a shag carpet exterior.

Thick red shag.

BB-Ray-Charles.jpgBB-Ray-Charles.jpg
#8415 9 years ago

I bought an Abra Ca Dabra that had carpeting on the entire cabinet (true story). All I had to do to maintain it was to sweep it

#8416 9 years ago

sinbad - $2500 - lancaster (pa)

lancaster.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8417 9 years ago

zig zag - $800 - md

baltimore.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8418 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

" target="_blank">lancaster.craigslist.org link

This same game was on ebay recently, receiving no bids at $1500, yet still listed on CL for $2500:
ebay.com link: 1978 Gottlieb 034 Sinbad 034 EM pinball machine

There's always hope?

#8419 9 years ago

wild life (2) - $850 - columbia (md)

sounds like the 2nd one is possibly salvagable... if so, this might not be such a bad deal...

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8420 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

This same game was on ebay recently, receiving no bids at $1500, yet still listed on CL for $2500:
ebay.com link » 1978 Gottlieb 034 Sinbad 034 Em Pinball Machine
There's always hope?

hope springs eternal...

#8421 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

" target="_blank">lancaster.craigslist.org link

image.jpg 30 KB

Ok Chris,

I'll call your Sinbad and raise you an Eye of the Tiger:

stlouis.craigslist.org link

#8422 9 years ago

There must be a few of these down that way or the same one is bouncing around.

#8423 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Ok Chris,
I'll call your Sinbad and raise you an Eye of the Tiger:
stlouis.craigslist.org link

nice!

i like the bg on that a lot... much better than sinbad...

out of curiosity... what would someone offer for that? i can't get any feeling for the pricing of the crossover games...

#8424 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

nice!
i like the bg on that a lot... much better than sinbad...
out of curiosity... what would someone offer for that? i can't get any feeling for the pricing of the crossover games...

730 EOTT's produced. Less than the 4P Sinbad.

I offered $300 and he probably won't even respond to me but if he does I'll let you know where "his bidding on CL" is at I may be telling him to try ebay...........

7 hrs. on the road + gas to St. Louis means I can't pay a lot for a game.

#8425 9 years ago

Sent ya a note, Hoov.

#8426 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

ebay.com link » 1978 Gottlieb 034 Sinbad 034 Em Pinball Machine
There's always hope?

that is mike reeder, he is a little shady at times so people say.

#8427 9 years ago

There was another Eye of the Tiger down that way last year. The seller was asking $800. I suspect this may be the same machine cleaned up a bit. It's the one transition game I would like to own mainly because I loved my Sinbad but am an Em guy. Like Chris says the art is much better on the 2 Player glass. I'd still consider an EM Sinbad. Fortunately this crossover game doesn't command the same kind of money an EM JP or Charlies Angels would. I suspect because even though there are only 730 EOTT, there are also 950 Em Sinbads. That combined production number is higher than a whole lot of regular Em games.

Edit: I still had pics of the other one and I don't believe it is the same machine.

DSCN2643.JPGDSCN2643.JPG
#8428 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

730 EOTT's produced. Less than the 4P Sinbad.
I offered $300 and he probably won't even respond to me but if he does I'll let you know where "his bidding on CL" is at I may be telling him to try ebay...........
7 hrs. on the road + gas to St. Louis means I can't pay a lot for a game.

cool, it'll be interesting to see where the auction is at...

yea i hear you... not a cheap/easy trip... at least gas is a lot cheaper these days...

Quoted from AlexF:

There was another Eye of the Tiger down that way last year. The seller was asking $800. I suspect this may be the same machine cleaned up a bit. It's the one transition game I would like to own mainly because I loved my Sinbad but am an Em guy. Like Chris says the art is much better on the 2 Player glass. I'd still consider an EM Sinbad. Fortunately this crossover game doesn't command the same kind of money an EM JP or Charlies Angels would. I suspect because even though there are only 730 EOTT, there are also 950 Em Sinbads. That combined production number is higher than a whole lot of regular Em games.

the bg on eott kicks butt... they should have put the tiger on the pf too instead of sinbad... that combination of artwork would be tough for me to resist...

i've only ever played a ss sinbad, and only a few times at someone's house where i was lookiing at another machine, but it seemed like a fun game.... i've never even seen an eott...

#8429 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Sent ya a note, Hoov.

Replied to your note dirt.....

#8430 9 years ago

doozie - $395 - marion (pa)

frederick.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8431 9 years ago

Doozie's secondary purple and green color scheme and Christian Marche's "pointy people" artwork isn't for everyone, but it is a sleeper of a game. Properly tuned, it's a lot of fun. I restored one and sold it to a local collector... it's still winning new fans at pinball meetups.

Lock the flippers, backhand the ball into the gate open target and through the gate. Hard but rewarding to do. Then work the 100-point bumper when lit... which only happens on the 2nd and 5th X-frame. After that, it's all uphill from there.

I only rolled it once! And only just barely!

IMG_5482.JPGIMG_5482.JPG

And came close once... arrrrrrrr...

IMG_5168.JPGIMG_5168.JPG

#8433 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

IMG_4270.JPG 137 KB

IMG_4272.JPG 211 KB

IMG_4269.JPG 184 KB

Well, your repaint certainly doesn't fit that category. It looks great!

#8434 9 years ago

Speaking of repainted cabs, Gottlieb Hi Score - $500

saginaw.craigslist.org link

#8435 9 years ago

bang bang!! gun game....

wild kingdom - $1400 - delaware city (de)

looks nice... looks like the seller has a few woodies too, but don't see them for sale...

delaware.craigslist.org link

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8436 9 years ago

slick chick - $825 - falls church (va)

no pics...

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

#8437 9 years ago

Gtb Atlantis for $900 in Seattle:
seattle.craigslist.org link

#8438 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

No lockdown bar, looks kind of rough in places. Is this still a fair price for this title? Atlantis seems to be very popular.

#8439 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

only 3000 miles away...

Quoted from Noobee:

No lockdown bar, looks kind of rough in places. Is this still a fair price for this title? Atlantis seems to be very popular.

imo (and only imo), if it was 30 miles away (instead of 3000), i would at least go take a look at it and maybe try to negotiate a little bit... but it is not completely out of line, and i'd pay 900 for it... but i want one, so my opinion may be skewed...

again, imo... ymmv...

#8440 9 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Yes. Needs a new backglass and other bits, but looks like the playfield will clean up nicely. Figure ~$500-$600 in parts (with a backglass and plastics, lockdown bar, plunger, and the rest), and would still have some room all done (if done well).

#8441 9 years ago

I wouldn't pay more than 600 like Dirt said. Backglass is shot. 300 dollars plus shipping for a new one and then finding a lock down bar. Can't totally tell from pictures but looks like dark blues on playfield need touch up.

#8442 9 years ago

I was figuring 500-600 for parts, on top of the 900 for the game, although 600 for the game would be nice too...

#8443 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

seattle.craigslist.org link</blockquote

"Gently used Atlantis" LOL *eye roll* This is a project. This is a machine that sat in storage for 20+ years and just happened to light up when they plugged it in.
If this was any other 70's Gottlieb wedgehead besides the obvious Atlantis and El Dorado then this would be a 300 dollar project. Because this is an Atlantis is the only reason I would pay 500 (maybe 600 if I was desperate for this title)
Picture 2 : Ground in dirt. How much of this will actually clean up and how much would be permanent.
Picture 4: Coin Door (100 dollars)
Picture 5: Shooter rod missing or whole thing needs to be replaced (30 dollars) Close up of coin door shows the duct tape residue used on the coin door to keep the door closed plus faded sticker. Have fun cleaning all that crap off. (I know it can be done)
Picture 7: Lock down bar missing (30-70 dollars rough estimate)
Pictures 9,10,11 : Trashed backglass (295 + shipping for new one or BG resto and wait a few months and still pay 300 or find a used one with some flaking on ebay for 150-200 plus shipping plus waiting around for one to pop up for sale (good luck on that one).
Picture 12: you can really see the ball wear on the dark blue areas of the playfield that will need some major touchups
Picture 14: wear around the "5000" insert (cupped insert?) Also wear around the first "Advance when lit" insert (you can see it in pictures 12 and 14)
Picture
Picture 24: Got bondo for the big chip in the wood of the head?

#8444 9 years ago

From the pics this San Francisco looks to be in OK shape although they neglected to include a good one of the playfield.

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#8445 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From the pics this San Francisco looks to be in OK shape although they neglected to include a good one of the playfield.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

you going to look at it?

#8446 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

you going to look at it?

Pretty tempting. It is not far away. But since two more games may be on their way soon, it might be a little more than I can afford right now. Any opinions on this game?

#8447 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pretty tempting. It is not far away. But since two more games may be on their way soon, it might be a little more than I can afford right now. Any opinions on this game?

nope, other than i like the way it looks...

last gobble hole game according to ipdb... i shed no tears over the loss of gobble holes in future machines...

#8448 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

last gobble hole game according to ipdb... i shed no tears over the loss of gobble holes in future machines..

I don't mind gobble holes that much. The ones on Flipper are especially cool since there are no outlanes. They added a metal ring inside of those that make the ball do a little spin before it drops down.

#8449 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't mind gobble holes that much. The ones on Flipper are especially cool since there are no outlanes. They added a metal ring inside of those that make the ball do a little spin before it drops down.

i suppose with no outlanes they wouldn't be quite as offensive...

at least they gave you a modicum of entertainment on that one as you watched your ball swirl down to oblivion...

#8450 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

at least they gave you a modicum of entertainment on that one as you watched your ball swirl down to oblivion...

I have also played a game where there is a little flap in the gobble hole that lowers the ball slowly. I like that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.00
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 24.98
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.