27 (resized).JPG
12 (resized).JPG
11 (resized).JPG
10 (resized).JPG
9 (resized).JPG
8 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#221 8 years ago

Sometimes it's the Pinsiders that benefit from someone breaking the "rules", even a new Pinsider like me. It was DirtFlipper who posted the ad for a great deal for a The Amazing Spider-man in Tucson the same day it hit Craigslist. He also posted an early 80's SS in an EM thread! Now that's breaking the rules for you - but it was before this thread was born. Thanks DirtFlipper!

I knew the seller was no idiot - the calls came in fast and furious according to her. I'm only an idiot on even days and Tuesdays and Thursdays. The person who was supposed to get the pinball hadn't shown up on time so I had a shot at it if I was fleet of foot and nimble of truck. We both agreed on a fair price in person after looking the game over and seeing that it wouldn't start - less than she had increased the price to after all of the calls came in and back to the original price in the ad.

It takes two to play the bidding war game. I won't play. Keep posting guys and let the sellers/buyers work out the details and maybe, just maybe, you will be the next person to benefit from the fast fingers of a fellow Pinsider.

#228 8 years ago

**This one is long gone**
Nice looking Judge Dredd in Tucson for $1400. Crane gearbox/assembly needs fixing - $200 according to the OP. Game still plays fully without crane. Rottendog board in back box. "Full LED's, all flippers and solenoids primary/secondary and drop targets have been rebuilt, new rubbers installed, and superbands on the flipper." Batteries are mounted off the CPU board.

tucson.craigslist.org link

This is a game I would go for if I could afford it.

3 weeks later
#449 8 years ago

**This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Harlem Globetrotters On Tour / SS
Year: August 1978
Production: 14,550
Cost: $800.00 or trade for a DMD with wizard mode + cash
Link/Contact: stlouis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Game works great. Players game."

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Disco Fever / SS
Year: August 1978
Production: 6,000
Cost: $500.00 or trade for a DMD with wizard mode + cash
Link/Contact: stlouis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Game plays great." Boards recently rebuilt, MPU, driver and power supply. New caps on sound board. Player 3 display has one segment out. Comes with banana flippers but will supply regular flippers/rings if you want them.

#458 8 years ago

**Ended**
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Black Hole / SS Widebody
Year: October 1981
Production: 8,774
Cost: $1000.00 to buy it outright or highest bid. Bidding ends 10 days from October 5th.
Link/Contact: http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=29966.0

Condition: OP: "Very nice machine. Needs some work. I also have a lower play-field that is almost complete and would be a great addition to a project machine or for parts to this machine. Value $300 asking $100"

Note: This is not an eBay auction.

#459 8 years ago

OOPS! Last post was not CL - sorry!

Game/Type: Space Invaders / SS Widebody
Year: May 1979
Production: 11,400
Cost: $1,050
Link/Contact: tucson.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "New Alltek Systems Ultimate MPU Board. Playfield overall is very good but has expected wear near the mid playfield turn-around, and the left pop-bumper is disabled." Front cabinet has flaking.

#462 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think eBay is fine if it's interesting. We're all just here to check out what early solid states are out there.

Hi Aurich. Thanks. Black Hole is a much sought after game. This guy is holding his own private auction and "Buy it Now" for $1000.00. That does save on eBay fees!

#463 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wish I could change the title from CL. I've been posting stuff from ebay and I don't think anybody will complain if you post something from somewhere else.

Hey dmbjunky. As the OP you should be able to change the title by editing your 1st post. The title should be at the top and "editable." Is that even a word?

So, who is going to start a DMD thread?

#467 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You should be aware though that some were throwing some heat on this thread because we were messing up their deals.

Oh yeah, I'm painfully aware of that as the OP of the "Post project pins for sale here - CL, eBay, Pinside and others" thread. I don't fall into that camp of thought. There are multitudes of masses visiting these postings on the Internet other than Pinsiders. Why shouldn't Pinsiders have a place to find a few of them without having to spend hours trying to find them? Some may disagree with me, but I believe that you, I and everyone that posts here provide a service for Pinsiders looking for some nice pinballs or project pinballs.

For now, I have been trying to follow a 24 hour rule - no posting until the ad has been up for about a day. That's primarily because I don't find these project pins until they have been posted for more than 24 hours! I have every right to change that policy at any time. Project pins tend to hang around for a while so it is not as much of an issue as it is for the nicer SS pinball machines.

1 week later
#520 8 years ago

**This posting has expired.**
Game/Type: Pool Sharks / SS
Year: June 1990
Production: Unknown
Cost: $1,250
Link/Contact: phoenix.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "works fine"

#536 8 years ago

**Sold for $559**
Short fuse on this one!

Manufacturer: Bally, Midway Manufacturing Company, a subsidiary of WMS Industries
Game/Type: Big Betty's Truck Stop / SS
Year: December 1988
Cost: Current bid $499 Ends October 19th 5:01 PM PST
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: WOW BALLYS BIG BETTYS TRUCK STOP VINTAGE PINBALL MACHINE

Condition: Some peeling on the side cabinet decal. OP: "THE LAST PICTURE SHOWS THE AREA WHERE THE BALL POP UP IS NOT WORKING. STOPPED WORKING AT THE END OF LAST YEAR. I PUT A PIECE OF CARDBOARD THERE SO IT CAN STILL BE PLAYED. THE ONLY OTHER WRONG IS A COUPLE OF THE LIGHTS DONT LIGHT."

#559 8 years ago

Game/Type: Comet / SS
Year: June 1985
Production: 8,100
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: lakeland.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "The game does in fact work perfectly. The left flipper sticks but is a simple repair. It needs a stand. If it needs anything it might be a loose wire or two. The game is in great shape and just needs a few young at heart to play."

#560 8 years ago

Game/Type: X's & O's / SS
Year: February 1984
Production: 3,300
Cost: $650
Link/Contact: seattle.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "works 100% has new allteck board rebuilt power supply this game was on location at sure shot plays great first 650 gets it new allteck board was 230 dollars with this board you can use it on over 80 bally pinball games"

#571 8 years ago

Game/Type: Paragon / SS
Year: June 1979
Production: 9,120
Cost: $800 Firm

Condition: OP: "Playfield has some wear around light inserts, very usable. Own a classic for a decent price. Does need some work. Powers up, needs rubber kit, wax, displays need attention but all come on."

#583 8 years ago

**Sold for $910.00**
Game/Type: Atlantis / SS
Year: April 1989
Production: 1,501
Cost: Starting Bid: $700 Ends October 30th 10:50 AM PST
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: PINBALL MACHINE

Condition: OP: "JUST SHOPPED OUT. WORKS GREAT HAS NEW NOS CPU BOARD..200.00..NEW RUBBERS, BLUBS. PLAYFIELD WAXED.. COSMETEC FAIR TOO GOOD SEE PIC,, MECHCANIAL XCELLENT FOR AGE.. SOUNDS GREAT..NO ISSUSES..HAS COIN MECHS.. ALSO HAVE HANDBOOK."

#597 8 years ago

Game/Type: Eight Ball / SS
Year: January 1977
Production: 20,230
Cost: $800
Link/Contact: akroncanton.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...excellent working condition with overheating issue..."

#599 8 years ago

Williams wonder trio:

Game/Type: Firepower / SS
Year: February 1980
Production: 17,410

Game/Type: Gorgar / SS
Year: December 1979
Production: 14,000

Game/Type: Flash / SS
Year: January 1979
Production: 19,505

Cost: $2000
Link/Contact: indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...all do work each need a little work. The playfield action lights on gorgar will not light up and flash has a problem with the 40 pin connector that causes it to shut off but once it's wormed up and played for a while it doesn't do it anymore. firepower is fully functional. call or text for pics "

#600 8 years ago

**Sold to ME**
Game/Type: World Cup / SS
Year: May 1978
Production: 6,253
Cost: $225 OBO

Condition: A little bit of wear on the playfield. OP: "Refurbished with new rubber ring kit."

#601 8 years ago

**This posting has been flagged for removal.**
You have most likely heard of Mystery Date and Mystery Gift. Now, let me introduce you to Mystery Pinball.

Manufacturer: ??
Game/Type: ?? / ??
Year: ??
Production: ??
Cost: ??

Condition: OP: "This pinball game must go to good home. Everyone loves pinball game. This pinball game is professionally refurbished and work great. Ask for ERIC"

#610 8 years ago

Game/Type: Supersonic / SS
Year: September 1977
Production: 10,340
Cost: $400
Link/Contact: denver.craigslist.org link

Condition: Looks nice in pictures. OP: "...in good condition."

#612 8 years ago

**Ad missing. There is nothing here**
Game/Type: Hollywood Heat / SS
Year: June 1986
Production: 3,400
Link/Contact: hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...received it as a gift and wife says it has to go , did work when I got it but decided to take all bulbs out to replace them and clean the playfield but of course took it apart and lost interest. All it needs is all the bulbs replaced( which I have ) , 1 solenoid for the left bottom flipper , the top right of the cabinet has some damage( which doesn't affect play )and you should be good to go."

#626 8 years ago

Game/Type: Contact / SS
Year: May 1978
Production: 2,502
Cost: $550
Link/Contact: houston.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: " in very good condition for sale. I can trade for ps4 bundle -XBOX ONE BUNDLE"

#644 8 years ago

Wow dmbjunky, you've been busy. I know how much time it takes to find these deals. Thank you for all of your hard work! More people benefit from your efforts than you will ever know.

#651 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hardbody is on my watchlist too.

I like my Hardbody. It's a lot of fun with inline targets, two banks of targets and a horseshoe loop all on the top level. Some people don't like the "Flex Save" that diverts the ball from the outlane back into play but I really like them. I'm not a fan of the theme but that's not important to me. I wouldn't own one though if I had kids.

#655 8 years ago

"...has alternative back glass..."

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I hate that backglass.

There are two other translites:
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1622&picno=65194
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1622&picno=28255

Thanks for the Hardbody alt translite. I don't have kids so the "racy" translite can stay.

#671 8 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

I'm working with some friends on a total retheme of Hardbody based on their comic Lake Erie Monster.

That might be the best thing you could do to Hardbody. Actually, the art on the playfield is okay, but whoever came up with the idea of plaid on the playfield??

Quoted from davideokills:

I'll probably move everything into a plywood cab instead of the cheap particle board one.

hardbody_original_side_rails.jpghardbody_original_side_rails.jpg

That might be the next best thing you could do to Hardbody. I had a problem with the cheap plywood side rails that hold the playfield up in the cabinet. Wear caused the upper playfield to constantly slide back into the cabinet. I glued two pieces of flooring hardwood together and cut some steel to fit and screwed the whole assembly into the cabinet. A bit of overkill, I know, but I won't have that problem ever again!

hardbody_fabricated_side_rails.jpghardbody_fabricated_side_rails.jpg

#675 8 years ago

**Sold for $500**
Game/Type: Phoenix / SS
Year: November 1978
Production: 6,198
Cost: Buy It Now: $550 Ends December 6th 1:19 PM Mountain Time
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Williams Phoenix Pinball Machine

Condition: OP: "...decent back glass and playfield, solid cabinet with some wear on it. Please call before you do a buy it now, and to get shipping information. The game works 100%."

#703 8 years ago

**Price Decrease**
**Price Increase**
Game/Type: Black Knight LE / SS
Mo/Year: June 1981
Production: 600 (!)
Cost: $1000 increased to $1500 decreased to $1000
Link/Contact: atlanta.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Recently serviced, cabinet has been refinished, play field has some play wear but good shape. Back glass in good shape."

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Gottlieb Force II $699

Really cool Gottlieb I've never seen before.

He's running the same ad in Tucson. The machine is in San Diego.

#743 8 years ago

**Sold for $1,025**
Game/Type: Firepower / SS
Year: February 1980
Production: 17,410
Cost: Current Bid: $255 Ends November 29th 6:12 PM MT
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Firepower pinball machine Williams WOW OHIO

Condition: OP: "This machine has been gone through top to bottom to insure everything is working perfectly. This machine plays great. Check out pictures for condition. Playfield looks fantastic with new rubber bumpers. Cabinet looks nice. Backglass has some flaking."

1 week later
#758 8 years ago

**Sold for $610**
Manufacturer: Stern
Game/Type: Trident / SS
Year: March 1979
Production: 4,019
Cost: Current Bid: $305 Buy It Now: $950 Ends November 29th 9:17 AM MT
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: STERN TRIDENT PINBALL MACHINE PLAYS GREAT ALL SHOP OUT

Condition: OP: "THE PLAYFIELD HAS BEEN CLEANED AND SHOP OUT WITH NEW BLUBS AND RUBBERS HAS SOME WARE BUT NOT BAD. THIS MACHINE PLAYS FINE WITH EVERTHING WORKING RIGHT. ALL OF THE DISPLAYS ARE GOOD AND BRIGHT. THE SOUND WORKS FINE. THE BACK GLASS LOOKS GOOD... THE CABINET LOOKS VERY GOOD WITH THE NOMAL NICKS."

#759 8 years ago

**Sold for $510**
Manufacturer: Game Plan
Game/Type: Attila the Hun / SS
Year: April 1984
Production: 500 (!)
Cost: Current Bid: $260 Ends November 29th 7:10 PM MT
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Rare 1984 Attila The Hun Pinball Machine

Condition: OP: "The cabinet, playfield, and backglass are all in good original condition, and the game is fully working and playing well."

2 weeks later
#785 8 years ago

I recently got one of these and initially wasn't thrilled with the theme but bought it anyway because it's a Williams and themes aren't that important to me. Although this has a low rating on IPDB I have enjoyed playing mine. I'm playing it more than my other machines, in fact. Goals score 2,000 points bonus and carry-over from ball to ball - at least that is how mine is set up. With the bonus multiplier you can rack up a lot of points on your last ball.

Game/Type: World Cup / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1978
Cost: $300
Link/Contact: saginaw.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "MACHINE WORKS GREAT"

2 weeks later
#847 8 years ago

Game/Type: Lucky Seven / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1978
Production: 4,253
Link/Contact: wenatchee.craigslist.org link

Condition: As best as I can tell the backglass, playfield and cabinet look good.

#863 8 years ago

**Sold for $780**
Game/Type: Ice Fever / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1985
Production: 1,585
Cost: Starting Bid: $499 Ends January 4th 7:30 PM MT
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: GOTTLIEB ICE FEVER PINBALL MACHINE HOME USE ONLY NICE

Condition: OP: "This is the nicest "Ice Fever" you'll find. This originally came from a Gottlieb executives personal office. It is in excellent condition cosmetically and functionally. All of the bumpers, flippers, switches, and the animation in the back glass are in great working order. The wiring and boards are like new. The original paperwork is all included."

#887 8 years ago

Game/Type: Motordome / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1986
Production: 2,000
Link/Contact: losangeles.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Bally Motordome pinball. Solid game, new rubbers. Only prob is cab solid black on one side and decal removed from other side. Comes with original owners manual."

1 week later
#943 8 years ago

**Sold for $1811**
Manufacturer: Alvin G. and Company
Game/Type: Punchy the Clown / SS 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1993
Production: 103 (!)
Cost: $535.23 Current Bid Ends January 23rd 12:59 PM MT
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: PUNCHY THE CLOWN Pinball Machine 1993 Alvin G Rare only 103 made

Condition: Beautiful condition, snow and all. OP: "Redemption game, with tickets, but feature is turned off. Cleaned playfield, replaced rubbers and bulbs, touched up cabinet. Also installed new display. Game plays 100%. Includes manual, legs, balls, and some tickets."

#949 8 years ago

**Ad not found**
Manufacturer: Nuova Bell Games, of Bologna, Italy
Game/Type: Space Hawks / SS conversion of Bally's Cybernaut 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1986
Production: 250 (!)
Cost: $850 or Trade
Link/Contact: blacksburg.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Beautiful playfield all cleaned and shopped. Works great."

Added over 8 years ago: **Relisted at $925 - blacksburg.craigslist.org link

#955 8 years ago

**Ad not found**
Game/Type: Cleopatra / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1977
Production: ~7,300
Cost: $500 OBO
Link/Contact: cleveland.craigslist.org link

Condition: First Gottlieb SS. OP: "70's area pinball machine good condition some chips in body, plays great workind sound working lights."

#963 8 years ago

Game/Type: World Cup / SS 4 Player
Link/Contact: sfbay.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "...in good working condition. Includes all original manuals."

#975 8 years ago

Game/Type: Banzai Run / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1988
Production: 1,751
Cost: $6000 or trade
Link/Contact: seattle.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Hi Pinball People ! FOR THE DIE HARD COLLECTOR !!!
I have one of the nicest Original Banzai Run Pinballs i think you will ever find ! Very low play ! Playfield has had Mylar on it that it came with from the factory since new, so no wear !!! Never been messed with inside. Like new inside !! No blackish at all, also the the phone type cord going to the magnet pickup that takes you to the top isn't all twisted up or been tangled as most are. It's as new !!! Collector Quality ! Other than it did have a lockbar on it with minor Petina ! With original manual"

1 week later
#1025 8 years ago

Manufacturer: Zaccaria
Game/Type: Soccer Kings / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: September 1982
Cost: $475
Link/Contact: baltimore.craigslist.org link

Condition: Unknown. Appears to be selling off his entire game room but seller says 'some'. OP: "selling off some of my games,buy one or all.I have 5 pinball machines all work great"

1 week later
#1033 8 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb Premier
Game/Type: Hot Shots / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1989
Production: 2,342
Link/Contact: southjersey.craigslist.org link

Condition: Appears to be working and in good shape.

3 weeks later
#1075 8 years ago

Game/Type: Eight Ball / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1977
Production: 20,230
Link/Contact: tulsa.craigslist.org link

Condition: Playfield needs a good cleaning but it and backglass appear to be in good condition. OP: "Good working condition and very collectible."

#1082 8 years ago

Game/Type: X's and O's / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1984
Production: 3,300
Cost: $800 OBRO
Link/Contact: newjersey.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Very nice looking clean game. Everything works perfectly. I've had this in my game room for many years but it's time to move on."

1 week later
#1109 8 years ago

Manufacturer: Midway
Game/Type: Revenge From Mars / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1999
Production: 6,878
Cost: $1995
Link/Contact: baltimore.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Working game with some wear/scratches on play area and cabinet.
Some lamps not working-will need minor board service to get 100%...
Plays nice, good bang for buck if you don't mind a few bumps/bruises."

#1114 8 years ago

Game/Type: Lucky Seven / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1978
Production: 4,253
Cost: $650 Firm
Link/Contact: chicago.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "near perfect back glass
play field is also in excellent shape
early Williams system three
I recently repaired driver board and power board
machine works excellent "

1 week later
#1132 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Atari
Game/Type: Time 2000 / SS Widebody 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1977
Cost: $499
Link/Contact: washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Excellent Condition."

2 weeks later
#1143 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Data East
Game/Type: Secret Service / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1988
Production: 2,741
Cost: $600

Condition: Video! OP: "Flippers could use a re-build. Upper left ramp is a little warped.

Sound works fine. Lights all work fine. Has back display and topper that lights up like cop car lights!"

2 weeks later
#1146 7 years ago

Game/Type: Flash / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: January 1979
Production: 19,505
Condition: OP: "Good condition "Flash" pinball machine that is fully working and plug and play. There are a few nicks and scratches here and there but for a used pinball machine this one is nice. There is nothing wrong with it, but when you are limited on space and enjoy these games you have to sell one to get another one. Just rotating the collection."

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

2 weeks later
#1163 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Mylstar/Gottlieb
Game/Type: Ready...Aim...Fire! / SS 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1983
Production: 390 (!)
Cost: $575
Link/Contact: louisville.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "It plays fine, the playfield and cabinet are in good condition."

#1165 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Inder of Spain
Game/Type: Metal Man / SS 4 Player
Year: 1992
Production: ??
Cost: $1000
Condition: Unknown. Appears to be in good shape in the pics. OP: "this pinball is extremly rare...only a few in the country ..."

3 weeks later
#1167 7 years ago

Novelty pin:
Manufacturer: Gottlieb/Premier
Game/Type: Nudge-It / System 3 Redemption Game 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1990
Production: ~54
Link/Contact: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Nice shape cab, works great."

#1168 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally/Midway
Game/Type: Hardbody / SS 6803 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1987
Production: 2,000
Cost: $600
Link/Contact: denver.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Pinball machine is functional and in full working condition. It is in good shape, but it is a used game."

#1169 7 years ago

Game/Type: Rapid Fire / SS AS-2518-35 4 Player
Month/Year: April 1982
Production: 5,000
Cost: $350
Link/Contact:janesville.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: ...in Great Condition! Very few made & comes with manual also."

3 weeks later
#1234 7 years ago

Here is your chance to start your own arcade:

Game/Type: 27 Multiple Pins/ SS System 3 4 Player
Cost: $50,000
Link/Contact: albany.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "I have all 27 Gottlieb System 3 production full size pinball machines for sale as a lot. They are all currently set up in my gameroom. They are all 100% working give or take a bulb or switch. Please do not ask if I will separate them. Most of these are featured in The Pinball Compendium, 1982 to present by Michael Shalhoub. Lights Camera Action, Silver Slugger, Vegas, Deadly Weapon, Title Fight, Car Hop, Hoops, Cactus Jacks, Class of 1812, Surf N' Safari, Operation Thunder, Super Mario Bros,. Cue Ball Wizard, Street fighter II, Tee'd Off, Wipeout, Gladiators, World Challenge Soccer, Rescue 911, Freddy, Nightmare On Elm Street, Shaq Attaq, Stargate, Frank Thomas Big Hurt, Waterworld, Mario Andrettli, and Barb Wire. These have been set up in my collection for 15 years."

#1235 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Allied Leisure
Game/Type: Dyn O' Mite / SS 2 Player
Month/Year: November 1975
Cost: $850 on CL $800 on Pinside
Link/Contact: albany.craigslist.org link
Link/Contact: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pintastic-dyn-o-mite-allied-leisure-1975
Condition: You know this has been restored properly and well worth the price. OP: "Here is an Allied Leisure Dyn 'O Mite for sale (also written as Dynomite). This is one of the first solid state games ever produced and it preceded any of the electronic games manufactured by Bally, Stern, Williams, and Gottlieb. It is a historically significant piece of pinball history. Productions numbers are unknown and working examples of this game appear to be very rare.
The playfield artwork features actor Jimmy Walker saying his catch phrase, "Dyno-mite!" from the TV show "Good Times".
I'm ready to pass this along to a new owner to enjoy, so $850 or the first reasonable offer gets it.
Many, many hours of work went into bringing this game back to life, and thus far, it has been very reliable and problem-free. Don't miss out on the chance to own this interesting piece of pinball history!
Surprisingly, this is a fairly fast game to play, has good flow, and challenging shots to keep you on your toes, especially since all the drop targets operate independently of each other, and outlane gates can be opened & closed after hitting certain targets. The flippers are strong and snappy.
All the technical documentation is included--the manual, theory of operation guide, and schematics. Additionally, I wrote up pretty much all the repair info you see on pinwiki, so that supplementary information is available as well.
A few spare circuit boards and a spare display are included.
This game has been disassembled, cleaned, and shopped. Many problem areas with this game system have also been addressed with the intention of trying to make it as reliable as possible.
Since 90% of the original barrel connectors were corroded, all of the barrel connectors have been repinned (that's over 400 individual pins!)
The backglass is perfect--no scratches, flaking, or peeling of any kind.
The displays are fully working and all the segments light up properly.
The playfield is in nice condition overall, but has a few minor flaws--a couple small dings and some very minor wear.
The playfield has been stripped down and cleaned. Magic erasers have been used on the playfield. There have been some black line touch-ups done. The playfield has been waxed with Blitz.
A new pop bumper cap has been installed. The original is included, but is slightly melted from the heat of the bulb.
PETG washers have been installed under all the plastics to help protect them from any potential damage.
The post holes on the two large upper plastics have been enlarged at some point to fit onto the post holes--either at the factory (since the posts haven't moved) or by a previous owner. It isn't really noticeable unless you're looking closely.
New foam pads have been installed behind all the standup targets.
Most of the original electrolytic capacitors have been replaced to ensure reliable game operation.
The original 5v fixed regulator was faulty and has been replaced with an adjustable 5v regulator and a new circuit to handle the adjustments.
All the playfield lamp sockets have been replaced. The coin door lamp sockets have been replaced. There were no problems with the backbox lamp sockets, so those are still original.
All the bulbs have been replaced with brand new #44 bulbs. The blinker bulbs are original GE-branded #455 bulbs.
All the coil sleeves have been replaced.
Two bad coils were replaced (outhole kicker coil and one of the chime coils).
The original faulty fuse holders have been replaced with reliable modern holders.
The original flipper bats have been replaced with NOS flipper bats and bushings from a generation 2 game, since generation 1 parts are unavailable. There are cosmetic differences between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 flipper bats, but there is no change in gameplay.
I reproduced the flipper decals (I'll make the files available after the show)
NOS flipper buttons have been installed.
NOS plastic 50 cent coin plates have been installed on the coin door and backed with mylar to prevent scratches on the paint. The original 25 cent plates are included, but have some wear and scratches in them and didn't look quite as nice.
The coin door, chime assembly, and tilt bob assembly have all been fully disassembled and cleaned.
The lockbar has been cleaned, buffed, and waxed, and new beer seal has been applied.
New playfield glass has been installed.
I reproduced the instruction & score cards to be as identical to the originals as possible.
A Free play switch is stacked on top of the credit button. Easily disabled/removed if coin play is desired. If there is more than 1 credit loaded and you hold the credit button for too long, it will start a 2-player game (this is not an actual fault with the game, but the way it was designed. It might be able to be fixed with a timing delay circuit, like the ones present for the coin switches).
The cabinet has a few issues. There are some scratches and gouges and a few minor mismatched touch-ups done by a previous owner.
All game logic and playfield mechanisms are working 100%."
Added over 8 years ago: **Price reduced to $675**
Added over 8 years ago: **Price reduced to $600**

#1236 7 years ago

Game/Type: Harlem Globetrotters On Tour / SS AS-2518-35 4 Player
Month/Year: August 1978
Production: 14,550

Condition: OP: "...in great condition. All lights work."

#1243 7 years ago

Game/Type: Count-Down / SS System 1 4 Player
Month/Year: May 1979
Production: 9,899
Cost: $550
Contact/Link: winstonsalem.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "4 player pinball game works great. My kids favorite game. Has 4 flippers to hit all the targets."

1 week later
#1244 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Chicago Gaming Co.
Game/Type: Vacation America / SS
Month/Year: November 2002
Features: Home model. No rollover switches; game used infrared LEDs bounced off the ball. Minimal wiring; uses large circuit boards under the playfield (From IPDB).
Cost: $525
Contact/Link: bgky.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Awesome lights and sounds. Works Perfect, just like brand new!"

Added over 8 years ago: **Sold to dmbjunky - Congrats!!! **

#1246 7 years ago

Congratulations dmbjunky! Vacation America is a very interesting sounding game and only 13 years old! I'm glad it went to a Pinsider and even more glad it went to someone so deserving.

#1254 7 years ago

Game/Type: Raven / SS System 80B 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1986
Production: 3,550
Cost: $575
Contact/Link: westernmass.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Up for sale is a very nice condition fully working Raven pinball machine. Recently serviced and ready for years of enjoyment."

#1262 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally Midway
Game/Type: Beat the Clock / SS 6803 4 Player
Month/Year: November 1985
Production: 500 (!)
Cost: $850
Contact/Link/: santafe.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...pinball machine in good working condition. Cabinet has wear, the play field is in good condition as well as the back glass. ...need the space."

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has expired.**

#1265 7 years ago

Lowest price I've seen for a 'working' Big Guns
Game/Type: Big Guns / SS System 11B 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1987
Production: 5,250
Contact/Link: tampa.craigslist.org link
Condition:Unknown OP: "Works Great."

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Go get that thing Pecos. That's in your neck of the woods.

Ha ha! If you call a 500 mile trip, one way in 'your neck of the woods.' It's almost worth the trip to see Santa Fe again. Unfortunately, Beat the Clock is out of my price range. I can get three project pins for that price.

#1267 7 years ago

Game/Type: PIN•BOT / SS System 11A 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1986
Production: 12,001
Cost: $950
Contact/Link: jacksonville.craigslist.org link
Condition:OP: "Its in very nice shape. I have owned it for 12 years but no longer have space for it."

#1273 7 years ago

Game/Type: Contact / SS System 3 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Production: 2,502
Contact/Link: stlouis.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Very nice machine from 1978...The cabinet and head are very solid. The playfield has been stripped, cleaned, and waxed. It has new rubbers, ball, leg levelers, and bulbs. All new coil sleeves also. Back glass displays nicely but does have some touch up. The head lock has been drilled out. The coin door lock has the key. The game has new Rotten Dog boards, C.P.U. and power Supply. Displays are nice and bright. I have played many games without an issue. If you are looking for a fun, great playing widebody machine that will last years, this is the one for you."

#1278 7 years ago

Game/Type: Time Warp / SS System 6 4 Player
Features: Banana flippers
Month/Year: September 1979
Production: 8,875
Contact/Link: terrehaute.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Everything working."

#1287 7 years ago

Game/Type: Haunted House / SS System 80 4 Player
Features: Widebody
Month/Year: June 1982
Production: 6,835
Cost: $2000
Contact/Link: knoxville.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "All four machines are in excellent working order.
I can send more pictures upon request.
Prices are negotiable of course. I am looking for cash only this time. Not interested in trades"

Added over 8 years ago: **Haunted House is SOLD**

2 weeks later
#1292 7 years ago

Game/Type: Future Spa / SS AS-2518-35 4 Player
Features: Widebody, IPDB: "This was also the first game from any manufacturer to have in-line drop targets."
Month/Year: March 1979
Production: 6,400
Cost: "Bargain priced @ best offer over $600!"
Contact/Link: columbus.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Extra wide body playing field. First machine to have continuous sound. Uses push button to start. (Coin mech. included). $600 spent to have a pro check or repair as necessary. Everything works beautifully."

#1293 7 years ago

Game/Type: Solar Ride / SS System 1 4 Player
Month/Year: February 1979
Production: 8,800
Cost: $450
Contact/Link: minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Comes with original owners manual. Everything works but high game."

#1294 7 years ago

Game/Type: Big Guns / SS System 11B 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1987
Production: 5,250
Cost: $980
Contact/Link: orlando.craigslist.org link
Condition: "This is a very fun game that is in VERY good condition. Was converted to LED and everything works great. I am selling for much less then what it is worth."

#1297 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Premier / Gottlieb
Game/Type: Deadly Weapon / SS System 3 4 Player
Features: 3 Ball Multiball
Month/Year: September 1990
Production: 803 (!)
Cost: $700
Contact/Link: goldcountry.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...has wear of its age, but a fun game to play. this is a 3 ball multiball machine. it's hard to find a multiball for under 900."

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#1298 7 years ago

Game/Type: Spy Hunter / SS AS-2518-35 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1984
Production: 2,300
Cost: $700
Contact/Link: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Spy Hunter with new Altec MPU board. Mylar on main part of playfield. Case very presentable. Nice backglass."
Added over 8 years ago: **Relisted - sfbay.craigslist.org link **

Added over 7 years ago: **Ad not found**

#1299 7 years ago

Game/Type: Supersonic / SS MPU AS-2518-35 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1979
Production: 10,340
Cost: $375
Contact/Link: detroit.craigslist.org link

Condition: "works and plays good."

2 weeks later
#1306 7 years ago

Game/Type: World Cup / SS System 3 4 Player
Cost: $500 Firm
Contact/Link: palmsprings.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...great condition. Needs back light fused replace tuned up just last year. Moving must sell ."

Added over 7 years ago: **Apparently not that firm. Price reduced to $400**

#1307 7 years ago

Game/Type: Alien Poker / SS System 6A, 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1980
Production: 6,000
Contact/Link: sacramento.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Works well"

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has expired.**

2 months later
#1332 7 years ago

Game/Type: Gorgar / SS System 6, 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1979
Production: 14,000
Cost: $775
Contact/Link: phoenix.craigslist.org link

Condition: "GORGAR PINBALL MACHINE + PARTS FROM ANOTHER GAME.
PARTS INCLUDING THE ELECTRICAL WIRING HARNESS WITH SOLENOIDS . SWITCH CONTACTS & LIGHT BULB CONNECTORS. PLASTIC PLAYING FIELD PARTS, PLUNGE LAUNCHER, RED STAND OFFS, EXTRA RUBBERS, PLUS MORE.
A VALUE OF $450.00+.
THE GAME HAS UPGRADED VOICE BOARD, FULLY LED UPGRADED WITH ORIGINAL INSTRUCTION AND USER GUIDES, WELL SERVICED -WAXED- PLAYING FIELD
THERE ARE TWO NOTES THE BACK GLASS HAS SEVERAL TOUCH UPS AND THE COIN MECHANISM NEEDS SERVICE,
This was my personal man cave machine it is in excellent playing condition. There are so many parts you can custom the machine to you. This really is a once in awhile great machine"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-early-ss-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=pecos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.