27 (resized).JPG
12 (resized).JPG
11 (resized).JPG
10 (resized).JPG
9 (resized).JPG
8 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

505 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dmbjunky. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

The EM thread is one of my favorites to check out. I thought it would be nice to have an early SS (no DMD) version also.

Here's one but sadly no pics

limaohio.craigslist.org link

Edit: Decided to change the thread from CL to anything anybody wants to share. Good hunting.

#3 8 years ago

Hey Aurich, I knew you'd show up. I really like the art style on Volcano. Wonder how it plays though?

Edit: I was just checking the details on pinside. "Cave-man themed, the artwork is of stupid Neanderthal men and of course, that same style of busty bikini babes." lol

#4 8 years ago

evansville.craigslist.org link

This is one I've been watching but the ad is kinda old. After checking the rules it looks like a rip the spinner kind of game.

#7 8 years ago

tippecanoe.craigslist.org link

I guess technically this would be an early SS.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Ha ha! Think you meant to put this in the funny craigslist ads thread though

The info might be wrong but the price is pretty good, right?

#15 8 years ago

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Love the backglass but is that an indian themed game or some kind of mythological theme

#18 8 years ago

This is a nice looking flash.

springfieldil.craigslist.org link

#22 8 years ago

We'll forgive you...this time.

I emailed this fella. Hopefully he messages back.

bloomington.craigslist.org link

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

That's gotta be a scam...$500 when he knows it's worth (in his mind) $3K?

Well, I live an hour from Bloomington so I could be there pretty quickly. What's the worst that could happen? I get mugged?

#34 8 years ago

So I emailed the guy about the Diner. He emailed me twice. The first time to say they were offered $1200 and the second time to say they were offered $1250 and they would have to have at least that. I don't have a lot of experience with Craigslist but is this the way people sell on there. Low ball on the ad, get a lot of responses, then sell to the highest bidder. So sad.

Edit: plus he has a new ad for $1500 and now it says the scoring section doesn't light up which I seen in the pic.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't think you will have to worry about any trademark infringments.

I realize now I should have asked for your blessing. Please allfather, bless this thread.

Quoted from dothedoo:

Once the seller turns it into an auction like that I'm out

I remember my dad doing a couple of transactions where he told a guy a price only to be offered a higher price by someone else. Dad would honor the price he stated to the guy he told it to because integrity, I guess. It's probably asking too much to think other people would act the same way.

Quoted from winteriscoming:

I've met a few local collectors through CL and have ended up doing multiple transactions with them off of CL since then.

Yeah, I'm holding onto a phone number of a guy who was trying to get rid of some games in June. Me and him couldn't get together at the time but I'm hoping to get my next game from him.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

If that was in/near St. Louis I would buy it immediately.

Boo. Hiss. Stay Away.

#51 8 years ago

What's the deal with the number 2 games like Centaur II or Fireball II? Were they just reruns or is there something different from the original?

bn.craigslist.org link

Swords of Fury $600

#54 8 years ago

southbend.craigslist.org link

$500 six million dollar man

Looks like a cool game with 2 spinners, 3 bumpers, some drop targets. One of the dispays is out but that can be expected because it is a freakin' six player game. This one looks really nice.

#57 8 years ago

That cocktail is neat but I don't need another project right now.

#61 8 years ago

A lot of these home only pins for sale.

Aspen
chicago.craigslist.org link

Capt. Fantastic

Star Explorer

Marvel Superheroes
louisville.craigslist.org link

Flying Aces

Demolition Derby

Pinball Champ
cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Is anybody interested in these? Aspen is another brunswick game (along with Alive which I've seen quite a few of) and it comes with an extra MPU which is kinda neat. There was a Fireball not too long ago and this is the first time I've seen a Capt. Fantastic.

#62 8 years ago

Hey winteriscoming, if you ever want to work together to check out a pin let me know. I'm always looking for a partner in crime.

#85 8 years ago

Laser Cue has an interesting theme and backglass.

#92 8 years ago

I guess you could change the abbreviation. Anyone can I think. I saw they had a thread to decide what Full Throttle's abbreviation was gonna be since most it couldn't be FT. I think the consensus was FTHR but that seems like too many letters to me. It should be just FTH.

#105 8 years ago

That's funny. I have no shortage of space with a full basement under my 32x 50 house but not enough money at this time to fill it. But like the song goes, "we've only just begun."

#106 8 years ago

Have to post the really nice Hollywood Heat.

#111 8 years ago

I might need to play a Firepower to see the draw but that is a really nice one. Maybe you should sell yours and buy this one if you need to upgrade.

#113 8 years ago

I'm not gonna make it. I'm gonna wait to go to Pinball Expo. That will be my second event after the Louisville Arcade Expo which unfortunately lit this unquenchable fire.

#123 8 years ago

Yeah they have another ad that shows their business

00a0a_49E7GpIjGIj_600x450.jpg00a0a_49E7GpIjGIj_600x450.jpg

#138 8 years ago

That's a high priced cyclone.

Check out these...

Gorgar $1800

and I'm really in love with this game but this one has a little playfield wear. Check out that upper playfield. Yeesh.

#144 8 years ago

That guy from Omaha sounds interesting. He's a race car driver and sells pinballs.

#147 8 years ago

We'll start off the night with a nice Pink Panther for $800

peoria.craigslist.org link

#148 8 years ago

couple of Roy Clarks. He's an entertainer. They're a little high priced for not working.

#149 8 years ago

I don't think I posted Evel Knievel $400.

#150 8 years ago

Here's a neat little Craigslist arcade. I need to go check out more of these.

lasalle.craigslist.org link

#154 8 years ago

^^^LOL

At least you're far away. I'm reasonably close and still can't go get it. I'm trying to pinch my pennies.

#156 8 years ago

I just keep telling myself that there will always be machines available for good prices. I'm trying to save money to work on the house and maybe buy another pin later. It's no big deal really, makes life interesting.

You guys are fairly close to the Captains Auction. An arcade auction is something I'd like to go to sometime but not too many around here.

#158 8 years ago

I'm looking forward to expo. I may buy something there. Right now, I'm not sure what machine I want, nothing specific. I have nothing to play right now so I might buy a working machine. There is a Robocop close by that I might get if I come home empty handed from expo.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

read again it says some!!!!!!
Does have some playfield wear.
LOL

I sometimes wonder if Craigslisters (?) are also pinsiders. Now I have my answer.

#161 8 years ago

Bally's Harley Davidson. I haven't seen many of these. Really don't like that style of backbox. I think Gottlieb had a similar style at one point.

southbend.craigslist.org link

#164 8 years ago

Very nice looking Big Guns.

lexington.craigslist.org link

#169 8 years ago

These are ads and not auctions. If you want to treat them as such, fine by me, but I'm not buying. I'm happy for anyone that buys a machine at what they are willing to pay but I'm not going to offer more than what the ad says.

Man, that Nitro looks sweet.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No one worries about wait periods in the EM CL thread.

Exactly. This is about helping other people get these games. I thought about starting a DMD thread like this but THAT would be a rat's nest. If I miss out on a game there will always be others and these games are not that pricey so very similar to the EM thread.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Keep the postings coming! Even though I am not actively looking to add any games, I am always trying to keep an eye on the current "going rate" of games posted for sale on all forms of media. It is helpful when others ask "What's this game worth". And, its a good place for others to ask if the price for said condition is reasonable or way out in Left Field. More than once we have said, "Jump in the car and get it" to some that were on the fence about the prices. And, unlike Ebay, a CL posting can disappear as soon as it appears so posting game names and price is always nice too.

Agreed. I will also try to post the name and price like you said.

#182 8 years ago

owensboro.craigslist.org link

x's and o's $1200

Anybody played one of these? The theme looks kind of dumb. Do you really play Tic-tac-toe?

#183 8 years ago

columbus.craigslist.org link

Roy Clark $75

Someone should really go pick that up. For that price, I would just use it as a night stand or coffee table.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

The actual name of the machine, however, is:
Roy Clark 'The' Entertainer

That is important. I think they introduce him at parties that way. "May I introduce Roy Clark, THE entertainer." (in british butler accent)

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think I'm done with this conversation.

I was really close to continuing the conversation but I think you're right to end it there.

Anybody played a spy hunter? Surely it has the Gunn theme.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Timmo:

There's a Big Guns in the Pinside market today too for $1600. Guess everybody just woke up an decided to sell their Big Guns today. I've only been watching for a couple of months but it's funny how a particular title will seem to show up in clumps sometimes.

I've noticed that too. Maybe they see other ads to remind them they have the same thing gathering dust in the corner.

#198 8 years ago

Hey Timmo, I was checking out your want ad, what's the deal with those DVDs? Never heard of them before.

#201 8 years ago

I have never played Big Guns. I like the medieval space theme. I've read that you have to be careful with buying it because it's apparently very tall and may not fit in your basement.

I didn't know that. Were there other games that were a little taller than others?

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Here is a 8BD LE bottom cabinet and playfield only. Just listed for $650. Looks like it had a factory Mylar so the playfields not all blown out but it looks like it may have water damage at the top? Hard to tell from the photos. Anyone claim dibs or currently working a deal?

I'd love to claim dibs but that's too far away. I think I could make a head pretty easily for something like that.

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm just saying that it's an established fact that NOBODY will draw attention to a deal that they are working on or interested in. Even you newbie-robin hoods aren't claiming that.

If you look back to page one, I posted a heck of a deal for a $500 Diner right after I emailed the person. I didn't get it because a bidding war started and I didn't want to do that. Someone on pinside ended up buying it and I couldn't be happier. It would have been nice to buy it but I've got other places to throw my money and there will be other machines come along. I guess I'm stupid and try to live by the golden rule and maybe someday someone will throw a deal my way.

#223 8 years ago

Hey O-din, who's Ashley Sanford? Booby pics?

#232 8 years ago

Stern Magic $1200 no pics though.

#235 8 years ago

No way that guy's getting $1200... He's had that listed off and on for quite a while trying to get someone to trade him for it. I like the theme and art package, but don't think I'd pay over $500.

Well if the condition was pretty good I'd probably pay a little more than $500. I do love classic Sterns. I agree $1200 is probably too much though, especially if the grandkids had a hold of it.

#236 8 years ago

Here's a gladiator $1400

Shaq Attaq for trade

These are games with DMDs but they are pretty early and not really wanted.

#237 8 years ago

8 ball Champ $900

This one is really close to me but you can only have so many pool games. I tend to prefer Cue Ball Wizard. I'm curious. Does anybody else have a favorite pool theme?

#240 8 years ago

It seems I will never see all of the cocktails that were made.

Take Five $450

#241 8 years ago

Night Rider $1500

Nice shape but still seems a little high.

#243 8 years ago

Sorry edited the Night Rider.

Here's an Eight ball Deluxe $1500

#250 8 years ago

I am always surprised to see a NIB pin from 20 or 30 years ago. That Cactus Canyon teekee posted just blowed my mind. So imagine my surprise to scroll through ebay's new pinball machine listings and see a NIB Alvin G Mystery Castle. It's from Germany and the guy started the bidding at a dollar but the shipping makes up for it.

ebay.com link: PINBALL ALVIN G MYSTERY CASTLE SERIAL NUMBER 3564 BRAND NEW NIB

#252 8 years ago

You want me to post this in two threads?!

#253 8 years ago

One of my favorite games, F-14 Tomcat $1200

#255 8 years ago

Strikes and Spares $550

Is there an Em of this as well?

#257 8 years ago

Yeah I have seen a lot of Gold Wings under $1000 but very few that far under and that good looking.

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

There are 5 pins for sale as a lot on chicago CL too.
Seems like a decent deal. If someone would like to go in on it, i wouldnt mind getting the flash.

I would like the Ice Fever but I think the deal is gone. When I tried to go back to look for the ad it was gone.

#263 8 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I missed a Gold Wings on CL a while back that was dead ... Asking price was $100. It was relisted as working for $999 a day later. It looked immaculate and even had the topper. It's not a bad $100 game .
I did manage to get a Stern Freefall for a decent price off CL recently. Does anyone know what they're worth? I'm more into System 11 stuff, but I do love Meteor, Seawitch, Nine Ball, Galaxy, and Lightning . The Freefall I got has a sweet backglass and really nice playfield. The cabinet has some awful touchups, but that'll be easy enough to fix. I don't know if it'll be a keeper ... It's not my type of game and I'd rather see a rare game like this in the hands of a Stern collector (that might have some interesting Sys11 game to trade) that'll appreciate it

I don't guess I've seen a Freefall.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

It isn't fun to be in an area where pins are in high demand and you like bargains .

Maybe you should try putting a sign in the yard "pins wanted" since there are so many close to you.

Kings of Steel $900 or $700 without Alltek board.

#274 8 years ago

So it didn't take long for Mystery Castle to jump in price.

ebay.com link: PINBALL ALVIN G MYSTERY CASTLE SERIAL NUMBER 3564 BRAND NEW NIB

#275 8 years ago

Phantom of the Opera $1800

#280 8 years ago

I would love to have a Meteor. $500

#284 8 years ago

The projects listing is back but with fewer games. Silverball Mania and Alien Poker $500 for both or $300 each.

#287 8 years ago

We were talking about game height and this game looks kind of tall.

Lights, Camera, Action $1100

#290 8 years ago

Firepower $1000

Same guy with the Lights, Camera, Action. He says he is willing to package deal. This is a good looking Firepower.

#294 8 years ago

A bunch CL listings today.

Laser Cue $650
This was put on here once but he keeps lowering the price. If it's still there by Expo I may have to make a visit.

This guy is trying to shrink his collection. I talked to him and he has around 20 games. I get the feeling, if you were willing to pay, he would part with some things. He has Batman, Riverboat Gambler, Cue Ball Wizard, Monday Night Football among others. I would be interested in a lot of these if I wasn't making a trip to get one this week.

Then you've got a guy listing backglasses $80 a pop. The Spider-man pictured looks in pretty good shape. I had a fleeting thought about hoarding some in case I ever buy one of the games but I'm not that guy. I'll just share and maybe someone will find what they need.
chambana.craigslist.org link

Edit: I called the guy with the backglasses. He has a Spider-Man, Buck Rogers, Superman, Star Trek, Pat Hand (?), and Nip it. All in really good shape except Superman is starting to crack.

#297 8 years ago

Here's a bunch of cool games for sale

#299 8 years ago

I could have brought you one. I'm in OKC tonight and went right through Springfield. lol

#304 8 years ago

I know we had the laser cue versus alien poker conversation already but I like the looks of laser cue. I think I'd like it more.

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Here's a bunch of cool games for sale

What is that game next Globetrotter in the pic? It looks familiar.

#309 8 years ago

An Epic Mr. and Mrs. Pac-man $1100
I wish there was a pic of the playfield.

#310 8 years ago

Attila the Hun $900

The playfield is kinds barren but I like the backglass and cabinet artwork.

#312 8 years ago

Do Game Plans have a bunch of interchangeable parts with Sterns like the MPU, flipper mechs? I've never seen one before.

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I haven't played this game much, but it's one I wouldn't mind trying out in my collection.
Although I can't stand when the ad says no "tire kickers". I understand why they don't want those type of responses, but the term drives me nuts.

I tried one at funspot but I wasn't sure what was going on. The controls for the simulated pac-man in the middle are a little weird. That said, I wouldn't mind owning one either.

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah tad too far for me too.

Get that guy that just posted the ad for pin transport, though with that added cost it may not be worth it.

#336 8 years ago

Great price on a Jungle Lord $600.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

HUO Gorgar - $1800 The red flexi record is pretty cool!
losangeles.craigslist.org link

What would that record have on it? The soothing sounds of Gorgar? or it could be like those children's books I had that came with a record and tells the story of Gorgar.

Here's a Gladiators $1300

#339 8 years ago

Great looking Mario Andretti $800

#340 8 years ago

Nightmare on Elm Street $1500

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from Timmo:

» YouTube video
Curiosity got the best of me. It was a marketing pitch featuring the voice of Gorgar and promoting the breakthrough technology in the game. An interesting piece of pinball memorabilia. How else do you introduce the first pinball game that talks?

That is pretty cool. I wonder how it was given out. Did they just give it to distributors? At a show maybe?

#349 8 years ago

That's a shame.

#350 8 years ago

High Speed $1500

Lethal Weapon 3 $1700
He went a little crazy with the LEDs but a very nice one.

#351 8 years ago

owensboro.craigslist.org link

Southside Electronics has some new pins. No new pics though.

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

Dmbjunky, thanks for the compliment, but I like LEDS. I'm hoping not a bash from your end. It is a nice pin.
Hi Aurich, I hope all is well. Still loving the alt translite for STP. Great work!

Oh not at all. If I had the cash, I'd be all over that LW3. Probably one of the nicest ones I've seen. I got a question for you though. Do you like the lighting underneath? I've never seen that in real life and was curious if it could be distracting.

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

Earthshaker $750 in So Cal
losangeles.craigslist.org link

That seems like a good price. Though it looks like it was sitting outside.

#379 8 years ago

fortwayne.craigslist.org link

Judge Dredd $2600
F-14 $1500

I've been meaning to read Ready Player One before the movie comes out.

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Xenon $1500
lawrence.craigslist.org link
Terrible pics, can't see playfield. Better be really nice for that price.

The cabinet looks pretty good but where are the legs? Does the desk come with it?

#383 8 years ago

Really great looking metallica $4800

#384 8 years ago

What's with Sharkey's Shootout's backbox?

#394 8 years ago

Jurassic Park Lost World $3290

#396 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

whoa, dont let this beautiful thread degrade into one where all solid state pins are posted...just early ss classics please

Sorry sometimes there aren't any new ones for sale in my area and I just use a newer pin to bump the thread.

#397 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Neiman Marcus Limited Edition Sega Star Wars Pinball Machine 1997

Neiman Marcus LE Star Wars Trilogy $10499

I had to post this somewhere because I have never seen this before. IPDB doesn't have it listed. The only differences I can see is it says Neiman Marcus on the DMD, it has gold flippers, and it has lovely cabinet art. The side art is an improvement over the original.

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

#402 8 years ago

Here's a guy who lost his lease in a mall. He's got a Monopoly and lists a Cyclone but don't know if it's a pinball.

#404 8 years ago

Blackout $300

Really tempted...

#407 8 years ago

Boy I love the encouragement but I am passing. I have to much work to do already.

#409 8 years ago

Quit it, you guys. You're like an enabling dealer. "You want this crack? You know you want this crack."

#411 8 years ago

Finally a reasonably priced Power Play $800. I never could figure out why people want so much for this sometimes.

#412 8 years ago

dayton.craigslist.org link

Close Encounters of Third Kind $675

but I'm more interested in the Coke machine.

#417 8 years ago

I'll tell you what. I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up. (I really don't need another pin)

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it's the Blackhawks. That Chicago Cubs pin is always high priced too. Game is okay, but not great. 700-800 for that kind of example is fair I think.

So if there's one in Cali it wouldn't be as expensive? I figured as much.

#421 8 years ago

Todd Tuckey has a Sharp Shooter 2 for $800 and a Sharp Shooter for $700.

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Blackout is not a very interesting game and it gets old fast. Also very easy.
It's charms are all in its sound and total package but not worth the time and effort that would be better spent on a Flash or Firepower.

It's funny you think Flash is better than Blackout. I keep hearing Flash is ugly and it doesn't have speech. What makes it better for you?

#431 8 years ago

People say flash is ugly but I kind of like the look of it. It comes up for sale so often and is usually pretty cheap that I think at some point I'll probably buy one to try it out. I do think Blackout looks pretty cool but didn't get a hold of the people selling it. Oh well.

#432 8 years ago

This guy keeps dropping his price. I know I've heard some people have had trouble with him but surely you could make one working machine out of the two. 2 Starship Troopers $1400

#437 8 years ago

carbondale.craigslist.org link

Buck Rogers $200

I always liked the look of this game.

#439 8 years ago

Strange Science $2000

Looks really nice. I don't know Rob Craig. He mentions something about a podcast on the Youtube video.

#440 8 years ago

fortwayne.craigslist.org link

Laser War $500

Some really good deals lately. It's taking some real self-control to not contact this guy.

#447 8 years ago

Firepower $1375

There's also a Cleopatra backglass $120

#451 8 years ago

Flash, Gorgar, Firepower $2000

#453 8 years ago

Stern Memory Lane make offer. Someone buy this so I don't have to. I really love classic Sterns.

Premier Rock on ebay. I really like the look of this game. Is this the same layout as Rock Encore? I always you could get the Rock Encore Rom and have a game with different sound (and different rules?).

ebay.com link: itm

Escape from Lost World on ebay. This looks great except for the color changing LED in the backglass.

ebay.com link: itm

#455 8 years ago

Bell Space Hawk $1250 I think this was listed on pinside.

ebay.com link: pinball machine Space Hawk

#461 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

OOPS! Last post was not CL - sorry!

I wish I could change the title from CL. I've been posting stuff from ebay and I don't think anybody will complain if you post something from somewhere else.

#464 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Hey dmbjunky. As the OP you should be able to change the title by editing your 1st post. The title should be at the top and "editable." Is that even a word?
So, who is going to start a DMD thread?

Done.

I would definitely participate in a DMD thread. You should be aware though that some were throwing some heat on this thread because we were messing up their deals. I would imagine it would be worse in a DMD thread but I would enjoy reading and posting on one.

#466 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is completely stupid in my opinion. They aren't "their deals" they are publicly listed items that anyone can inquire about/buy. abviousoy common decency and morals apply, but that's it.

I agree.

Since I created this thread, I try to post something on here everyday to keep it active. I am going to let someone else start the DMD thread so it can be their baby. I'll probably still post quite a bit over there.

#468 8 years ago

springfieldil.craigslist.org link

Flash $700 It needs a new board which means the price should be lower. Maybe it could be repaired though.

#472 8 years ago
Quoted from Kholmes:

I wouldn't say it was about heat or messing up deals, at least on my part. (If you're inquiring about me and my CL ad ). A lot of us post here, CL, and ebay. If you have an opinion on a pin, it can be taken as hijacking a post for a seller. Or throwing out a negative opinion which could effect the sale. We all read these threads. You dont know who is reading the threads. Hence how I discovered it.

Sir, yes they are our deals. We all sell a pin at one time or another. You wouldn't like if someone jumped on your sale and made comments not in your favor. You'd be at the admin immediately. Pinside is for discussion not bashing, and especially if you want to bring morals into it, then so be it. Morals do apply if you like, but common decency is a given.
Lastly, from your quote, who's "deals are they?" Thanks

lol I think you took this discussion the wrong way because we were talking about buyers. If you go back to page 4 you will see some thought this thread would upset their good deals on buying a pin. I would think most sellers would be pleased with more exposure for their ad.

#486 8 years ago

We got some neat games tonight *rubs hands together*

Mystery Castle $7000
I know it's a DMD but it's a really cool game. It seems a little cheap considering it comes with a NOS playfield, ramp and plastics.

Black Pyramid $900

Stern Magic $1100
This one has been posted before but they finally added pictures.

Laser Cue $595
The poor dude has been trying to sell this for awhile. Someone pick this up while your at Expo.

#493 8 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

You two are killing me. I would grab this game in a heartbeat if I was anywhere near it. I love this thread but seeing Laser Cue, Barracora, and Mata Hari for around $500 far away is painful.
I hope Black Pyramid pops up in Ohio for $500 because that game is a blast and I want to play it again.

Cleveland's not too far from Chicago...

#498 8 years ago

I know! We have a bunch of events at our new space and our little Rav4 we use for longer trips needs to go into the shop before it can do any longer trips. Snapped this pick of the space on Friday before the event kicked off.

20151009_190044.jpg

Nice Setup. Is this a shop or cafe? I'll have to check it out sometime.

#507 8 years ago

Phantom of the Opera $1900

#511 8 years ago

swmi.craigslist.org link

Vegas $1000
Pharoah $1400
Jungle Lord $600
Silverball Mania $500
Lost World $800

#513 8 years ago

Here are some backglasses for sale: Dolly Parton, Silverball Mania, Old Chicago, Flicker

#517 8 years ago

Laser Cue $ 550 It's dropped in price again. Do I need another pin? hmmm...

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Picking this up this afternoon.
I'm keeping it, so anyone want a project eight ball?

Nice

#524 8 years ago

Strange Science $2800 (Excellent condition)
The Avengers HUO
Rollergames $3300 (In superb condition)
F-14 Tomcat $1800
Space Shuttle $2800
The Simpsons $3900 (Excellent condition)

#531 8 years ago

Laser Cue $350
This is so close to me.

#534 8 years ago

I sent an email. We will see.

Edit: It is sold.

#537 8 years ago

lol not to me.

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

CLASSIC - FULL SIZE PINBALL - SPACE RIDERS ATARI - $50
philadelphia.craigslist.org link

That mirrored backglass is awesome.

#557 8 years ago

Bally Harley-Davidson $2600

I've never figured out why this game is over $2000 a lot of the time.

#569 8 years ago

Vegas $900
If this is the one that was at Expo, it played pretty good.

#574 8 years ago

Jungle Lord and Silverball Mania both for $900

#576 8 years ago

I think that guy has been trying to sell them separately for $900 for awhile. I guess he just got fed up.

#579 8 years ago

Pretty cool 1987 Williams Gold Mine puck bowler $2495

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Pretty cool 1987 Williams Gold Mine puck bowler $2495

Are puck bowlers worth that much? Are there certain ones that are worth more? What about the difference in EMs? I have absolutely no knowledge of puck bowlers and would find it hard giving that much for one. I am fascinated by them though.

#590 8 years ago

I've seen the SS puck bowlers have more of a theme. Do these have callouts and music? Do the themes make much of a difference? Are ball bowlers mainly EMs?

1 week later
#645 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Wow dmbjunky, you've been busy. I know how much time it takes to find these deals. Thank you for all of your hard work! More people benefit from your efforts than you will ever know.

It was no big deal. I have a CL search bookmarked and I check it day to day but I hadn't looked in awhile.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

This looks like a smokin' deal.

I agree. I'm really liking that era of Bally and wish I could get another like this or Escape from Lost World.

#648 8 years ago

Anytime I see a Bally 6803 game I think about the shitty cabinet art/construction and crappy flipper mechs and talk myself out of getting it.

I agree on the cabinet but the art on the playfield and backglass is so cool on a lot of them. When I get around to seriously restoring my City Slicker, I'm thinking about making some better cabinet art. I haven't heard about the crappy flipper mechs. Are they really a problem? Is there anything to do about that?

#652 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Replace them with WPC mechs.
Strange Science is on my list for new cabinet art when I get through my repair backlog.

What's the problem with Bally flipper mechs?

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I like my Hardbody. It's a lot of fun with inline targets, two banks of targets and a horseshoe loop all on the top level. Some people don't like the "Flex Save" that diverts the ball from the outlane back into play but I really like them. I'm not a fan of the theme but that's not important to me. I wouldn't own one though if I had kids.

You could always get the European Backglass if you're modest.

image-1 (2).jpgimage-1 (2).jpg

#654 8 years ago

Monte Carlo $750

I hate that backglass.

#656 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

"...has alternative back glass..."

There are two other translites:
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1622&picno=65194
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1622&picno=28255
Thanks for the Hardbody alt translite. I don't have kids so the "racy" translite can stay.

The original Gottlieb has a silly charm. The alts just look tacky.

#660 8 years ago

I thought I'd post this. It's been on CL awhile but the price is starting to get in the manageable range.

Nudge-It $795

#661 8 years ago

Blackout $450 It looks pretty nice.

#662 8 years ago

Price Drop on the Party Animal $1150

#672 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

I would tell him to get lost if I was one of them.

Yeah I had a seller do that with a Diner recently. He wanted an offer after posting it for $500 because he offers from other buyers. It was priced to cheap at $500, but I didn't want to play that game. I wasn't that interested.

I'm with you. I'd say that Blackout was priced right if it doesn't work. He may be able to milk a 100 bucks more but it wouldn't be worth the trouble for me.

#679 8 years ago

Gottlieb Hot Shot $1150

It's a guilty pleasure of mine that I love these cheesy photo backglass Gottlieb.

#681 8 years ago

Twilight Zone $2500

I posted this cause I was curious if you guys think this is a scam.

#683 8 years ago

Attila the Hun $600

Looks really cool.

#687 8 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

He had previously listed it somewhere in the range of $800-$1200.
Another of the "Oops! Priced too low" scenarios that make Chicago CL a drag.

That's seems a little high though. What is the price range on that pin and why, if it's high, is it higher than other pins from similar era?

#702 8 years ago
Quoted from Timmo:

And then something comes along that you had no idea even existed...
1985 Gottlieb Tag-Team Pinball Machine Rare - $850 (Bartlett)
Apparently you could play this game as teams. Interesting. Very unique playfield too.

I first seen that machine in a TNT video. I'm into wrestling and would be neat to have one someday.

#705 8 years ago

Space Invaders $950

Playfield looks shot and the guy thinks it's a $1200 machine. Not a good sign.

#707 8 years ago

Skateball $550

Really should go in the project thread but haven't seen a Skateball in this area on CL.

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

I bought that Skateball yesterday. Let the project fun begin!

I noticed! Good Job.

#716 8 years ago

An awesome Hot Tip $500

I love horse racing pins.

#718 8 years ago

This guy has 4 machines but no prices or pics. An interesting selection though.

BSD
JD
Stern Playboy
Space Invaders

#720 8 years ago

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/2619619.html

Captain's Auction is having a 2 day event on Dec. 4th and 5th.

#721 8 years ago

http://www.amusementauctions.com/iowa/

Auction on Nov. 28 in Altoona, Iowa. It's a consignment auction so no definitive list of games but they have a Williams Hot Shot pictured. Any thoughts on this game? What's the going price for this? I might try to go to this. We'll see.

#725 8 years ago

Virtual Boy store display $400

I had to share this. Really neat and comes with Galactic Pinball.

#726 8 years ago

Gottlieb Force II $699

Really cool Gottlieb I've never seen before.

#727 8 years ago

swmi.craigslist.org link

Awesome looking Time Machine $1800

#732 8 years ago

Stern Magic and Mega Touch $800

I've been watching this awhile hoping he would drop the price. Now that he has I'm not able to buy it. Someone should see if they would take off a couple hundred off if they just take the Magic.

#734 8 years ago

He's had this listed for quite a while now, but only recently tacked on the mega touch. I'm glad to see the price come down finally. I'm betting he's not getting the offers he had hoped.
I've never played one, but like the look of Magic. I definitely don't have the funds to pursue this, though.

Yeah for $1100, I just wasn't interested.

#737 8 years ago

Gladiators Price Drop $900
If you want a game in Lexington, maybe you should try this. Looks really cool with the futuristic gladiators.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel like this game is worth it just from pictures. Don't seen too many DMDs for less than 1k in any condition.

Yep this machine has been around for awhile and if it was closer I would have already looked at it. Early SS Gottliebs are starting to grow on me. I haven't played many but I love their art style which is sometimes cheesy and original themes. Very few are licensed. The few I have played like Cue Ball Wizard, Vegas, and Big House I've enjoyed. I don't think that's a popular opinion and that's why they are so cheap.

#742 8 years ago

Another cheesy Gottlieb I love. I think the price has been lowered.

Hot Shots $850

#746 8 years ago

Here's a bunch of non-commercial pinball machines that have showed up recently

This a Las Vegas for $75. It's kind of neat looking.

Evel Knieval $350 First time I've seen one of these for sale.

Fireball $350 Looks like the same guy with Evel Knieval

#747 8 years ago

DE Star Wars $5000

and so it begins...

#753 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Woah, you got a steal! I'm selling mine to someone tonight, and it's for more than an Xbox and some cash.

Did the Fireball II not live up to your expectations or is it just time to move on to something else?

1 week later
#767 8 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

Nice, for a start of a cheeseball row!

I would love a cheeseball row. Now I'm hungry.

#770 8 years ago

11 Backglasses for sale including Gorgar and Alien Poker.

#771 8 years ago

Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Man $850

#772 8 years ago

Getaway and Space Invaders Call for price

#775 8 years ago

I wish someone would give this to me for Christmas.

00Z0Z_50h0AFsKqFL_600x450.jpg00Z0Z_50h0AFsKqFL_600x450.jpg

#776 8 years ago

Bobby Orr Powerplay $3500

1 week later
#787 8 years ago

Pinball Pool $525

Backglass looks flaky.

#790 8 years ago

Strikes and Spares $500

#800 8 years ago

Paragon always reminds me of Lost World. Is one better than the other? According to price, Paragon is better if it's worth over a thousand dollars.

#811 8 years ago

Stupid Funhouse $2000

Damn you, Rudy! Daaamn Yoouu! *shakes fist*

#812 8 years ago

DE Simpons $3000

Seems a little high priced. They were probably looking at what Ebay sellers were asking for Stern Simpsons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
505 posts in this topic match your search for posts by dmbjunky. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-early-ss-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.