27 (resized).JPG
12 (resized).JPG
11 (resized).JPG
10 (resized).JPG
9 (resized).JPG
8 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

I wish more would come up on CL by me!

Actually if you keep your eyes open there are usually some.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

evansville.craigslist.org link
This is one I've been watching but the ad is kinda old. After checking the rules it looks like a rip the spinner kind of game.

Man, so many random Gottliebs I've never seen.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It's fine if you've got room and have 20 other games.

There's a whole category of games for just that. Kinda cool, fun, but only in small doses. I max out at 10, so games have to earn their spot a little more for me. I play the hell out of Flash Gordon still for instance, love that game.

One thing though about the EM CL thread that's been great is you learn about games you didn't know, you start to get a good sense for prices and what people think is fair. Be nice if we could keep this going.

All the SS listing here locally are on the old side, but I'll try and remember to post up new ones I see.

#12 8 years ago

ventura.craigslist.org link

I am selling both machines "Jackpot" is a rare machine cant find it anywhere.
"Flash" was the first machine that "Steve Jobs" made when he worked for "ATARI"
They are $750 each or I'll do both for $1200

#19 8 years ago

It's really a pity the Williams games of that era had such inferior art compared to Bally. I really can't stand looking at Flash.

#26 8 years ago

Strange Science for $500, needs a little work. Guy is moving, probably motivated, could use the condition to talk it down I'm sure:

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

1000s of thrashed Flashes out there Aurich ... Could be the one for you to unleash a new improved Playfield and art package for .... It's a cool game to play. Add in a new CPU and add multiball etc and you'd have a winner.
rd

Someone definitely needs to make a conversion kit for it, who's going to miss a thrashed Flash? I'd have to spend more time playing one, never really given it more than a brief flip.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Edit: plus he has a new ad for $1500 and now it says the scoring section doesn't light up which I seen in the pic.

Ugh, I hate that. Happened to me too. Eight Ball Deluxe, non working, $600. Sweet! Sure I can get it working. Pics suck, hard to tell condition, but looks okay, and at that price it's worth the risk right? We're talking. Then he gets higher offer, forget, like $800. I say no worries, I'll match it, your price is still reasonable. Then he stops talking to me and the game gets relisted at $1500 or something. I didn't bother calling back.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I remember my dad doing a couple of transactions where he told a guy a price only to be offered a higher price by someone else. Dad would honor the price he stated to the guy he told it to because integrity, I guess. It's probably asking too much to think other people would act the same way.

I dunno, that's just how it should be done. I had a game for sale, no cash changed hands, but I told someone it was theirs for a price. Someone offered me hundreds more. Told them sorry, already promised it to someone, but I'd let them know if the buyer backed out.

Not worth feeling like a jerk just for a few hundred bucks!

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from jay:

I think for most people, unfrotunately, feeling like a jerk = feeling like a hero.

Yeah, probably. People are f***ing self-centered a lot of the times. I wouldn't want to look in the mirror and see a guy who screwed someone who had his word.

Pinball's cutthroat man. I once pulled up to a spot the same time as someone (flipper, natch), and he jumped out and put cash in the guy's hand before even going in the house and seeing the pin.

Craigslist is the wild west man. You gotta assume everyone is just going for self. If you really want that game don't screw around, jump on it.

This isn't a CL deal, but a local pinhead kindly offered me first dibs on a Fireball II, and I'm really excited to check it out. I've never played one, but I want to, it looks like a bad ass game.

#67 8 years ago

Ooh, got a fun local one, anyone want to grab it? I don't have the space right now!

losangeles.craigslist.org link

Bally 1981 Vector Pinball - $1200
1981 Bally Vector Pinball Machine. In great condition for its age, needs a little work with the ball release. Very cool game and rare to find.
Serious interest only.

00P0P_bfvntx8UmnV_600x450.jpg00P0P_bfvntx8UmnV_600x450.jpg

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Wow. That's actually a pretty good price since Stu's Hammer of the Gods requires a Vector.

I doubt Hammer of the Godz will see the light of day given the lukewarm at best response to it. Never know I guess!

Here's another SoCal game:

Bally Midway 1984 Spy Hunter Pinball - $1500 (Upland)

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Dont let lack of room stop you...I sold half my collection in the last 3 weeks and now have room for 7 more games...buy whatever you want and you can keep it at my place (where it will be properly tested) until you have room for it...

Man, you really went through some games huh? I saw your garage door ad is running again ...

#93 8 years ago

ALIEN POKER PINBALL MACHINE! Circa 1980! - $1850 (Woodland hills)

JUNGLE LORD PINBALL MACHINE - BY WILLIAMS - $995 (RIVERSIDE CA)

Been a few Jungle Lords floating around SoCal lately actually. It's a pretty fun game.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

Maybe prices are just super high on the west coast

Well for one thing, they are, you're right. But also, this is CL. People tend to ask too much.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's funny. I have no shortage of space with a full basement under my 32x 50 house but not enough money at this time to fill it. But like the song goes, "we've only just begun."

Pins are cheaper than space in the long run. You can usually find a way to add more money to your hobby, even if it takes time. Can't always add more space.

#115 8 years ago

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Bally Viking, looks really clean. BG Resto backglass though.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is that bad? Heard nothing but good things about BG so far.

Well it's not as good as original!

#119 8 years ago

I'm looking at that Fireball II today or the Viking would tempt me.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Viking is a very cool game. Go buy it AND the Fireball II then sell a DMD and pocket the change
rd

Money isn't the issue, it's the space! Picked up the Fireball II. Super clean.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

^^^LOL
At least you're far away. I'm reasonably close and still can't go get it. I'm trying to pinch my pennies.

It sucks to have to make choices, but it helps to know your local community. I play in league with Jay (sup man!) who bought that Viking. We might do a swap at some point for my Fireball II. Keep the games moving in the family!

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You guys are fairly close to the Captains Auction. An arcade auction is something I'd like to go to sometime but not too many around here.

The auctions are mostly bullshit now. I guess the last one was semi decent, but that's a rare occurrence.

Honestly my best resource is Pinside. Lots of my machines have come from people reaching out to me privately to offer me something since they know I'm looking. Easy for them, no bullshit, great for me. There's a solid community who posts, but there's also a big network of lurkers, who don't say much, but know what's up. I've never even posted a WTB thread and I still get that kind of thing. Just helps to put yourself out there I guess.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Guys, please try to honor the 48 hour rule: Don't contribute to bidding wars where Pinsiders might be working a deal by posting here a bit too early.
Carry on...
-mof

The 48 hour rule? That's news to me ...

#171 8 years ago

Hmm yeah, I'm not going to worry about when an ad went up. People are already checking CL on their own. This thread isn't regional, it's not about "everyone go get this game!", more like sharing what's out there, swapping opinions, and learning prices.

No one worries about wait periods in the EM CL thread.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These threads are pointless.
All it does it get more rats swarming at the trough.

I enjoy them. Feel free to not read.

If you think your "deal" on CL hasn't already been seen by other people you're just dreaming.

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Timmo:

I can pretty much figure out on my own that anything lasting more than 24 hours on Craigslist is probably over priced.

Not always true with early SS. If it's not Fathom or Centaur a lot of people will pass them up still. They're not flipper bait like DMDs.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Agreed. I will also try to post the name and price like you said.

I've just been copying and pasting the headline from CL if nothing else. Figure it's friendlier than just a link.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I think Mystic works the same way.

Yeah, that's how Mystic works. You are trying to get 3 in a row, but the ultimate goal in Mystic is to light up all 9 squares with the same symbol.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not the point. If you think MORE people aren't getting into the fray because of these threads you are just dreaming.

Okay? So the people I chat with online have a better chance now than they did before to get a cool solid state game. I'm okay with that.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nothing I can do about it but for those of us who are active buyers and sellers it's just more idiots poisoning the well.

Glad you think the people in this thread are idiots.

I think I'm done with this conversation. Anyone want a Spy Hunter? The ad is 3 days old!!

#245 8 years ago

1978 Gottlieb Sinbad PinBall Machine - $850

That's a ridiculously thorough CL ad.

#267 8 years ago

Dang, I'd be so all over that if it was local.

#292 8 years ago

There's a Solar Fire in SoCal on Pinside:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-solar-fire-pinball-in-so-ca

I know it's pretty rare, but anyone think it's worth $2500? I don't care enough about it to pay that, I know that.

#301 8 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Back off piranhas!!! Haha hope to get one of them

You're going to get there and he's going to say "yup, got two games for sale, X's and O's, and Rescue 911"

#307 8 years ago

Yup, that's a Bally Lost World. One for sale out here actually.

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#337 8 years ago

HUO Gorgar - $1800 The red flexi record is pretty cool!

#342 8 years ago

That record is hilarious, it might be worth $1800 already.

#357 8 years ago

"1980 black out by william lights up but not working.. $400. 1979 sharpshooter by game plan $250 lights up but not working.. have them for awhile to restore but just don't have the time or space.."

Shit, I don't have the time or space either!

#372 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That seems like a good price. Though it looks like it was sitting outside.

I emailed earlier this morning, no response, but we'll see.

Quoted from iron00monkey:

Reading this right now, would be a cool theme

Curious to see what you think. I was let down after Ready Player One.

#377 8 years ago

Armada is good. I liked Ready Player One, so don't take my word for it!

I think I wasn't clear, I loved Ready Player One. So I was excited to read Armada. And it just felt like he was trying too hard to make the magic work a second time, and it didn't really come together for me.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No response from the los Angeles earthshaker. Someone chime in who got it. Looked a little beat up, outside in this morning moisture we've been having. Either it went really quick, or bombarded with emails. Out here in so cal we have about 50. Pin heads that are very aggressive on Craig's list. Machines go quick.

I never heard back either. I emailed about an hour after it was up though. That was like 7:30am, maybe a real early bird nabbed it.

#389 8 years ago

This Mati Hari was listed at $1600. Dropped now to $1000. Wonder how low it would have to go to be worth it. I'm not paying a grand for that game personally.

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Aurich, my email was at 8. I think he backed out because of my questions. I asked how long it had been outside under a tarp. Plus many more.

At least you got a reply!

#398 8 years ago

Huh, crazy, never knew that existed either. Too bad the game is not that great.

#400 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Have you all seen this yet?
ebay.com link » 8 Ball Deluxe Pinball Machine Pre Owned
Not CL, but looks like a nice deal!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Huh, not too far from here. Real question is, what's his off eBay price?

#420 8 years ago

Don't really see them out here.

#460 8 years ago

I think eBay is fine if it's interesting. We're all just here to check out what early solid states are out there.

#487 8 years ago

$500 Mata Hari in nice shape

In my city even, but I have no room to pick it up.

#491 8 years ago
Quoted from m34est:

That Mata Hari was gone in 2.5 hours. Someone got a smoking hot deal.

I saw it right when it went up, probably could have grabbed it, but just no room!

I see you're in Torrance, have we met?

3 weeks later
#617 8 years ago

Looks like I might be selling my Fireball II, I'll post a listing, but mentioning it here first for the solid state fans.

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

That looks like a cool game, nice artwork too. Pretty sure i'd be living on the street if i brought home another one right now

I have a really pretty looking one, but still, it's not really worth shipping.

#621 8 years ago

Hmmm, replacing it with another Bally?

Yeah, only reason I'm selling it is to hopefully stick another 1980 Bally in its spot.

#625 8 years ago

So you're finally getting a Medusa? I'd love to play one eventually.

Nothing finalized yet, but yeah, hopefully. That's enough to give up this FBII over.

1 week later
#691 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's seems a little high though. What is the price range on that pin and why, if it's high, is it higher than other pins from similar era?

Elektra does tend to sell closer to $2k. Some pins are just more desirable to people.

1 week later
#752 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I just picked up a very nice Fireball II in Dallas, TX off of craigslist.
dallas.craigslist.org link
No pictures in the ad, but the game is sweet.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Marcus

Woah, you got a steal! I'm selling mine to someone tonight, and it's for more than an Xbox and some cash.

#755 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Did the Fireball II not live up to your expectations or is it just time to move on to something else?

He wants a Medusa!

Medusa is coming next week probably, and I just picked up an Eight Ball Deluxe too. That means games gotta go. Returning a borrowed Fathom and selling Fireball II, so just swapping out two old school Ballys for two more.

By the way, here's the cool custom stencil on the back of it, took a pic as I was moving it out of my office:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#756 8 years ago

Hmm, Pinside really doesn't want to rotate that image for some reason. Just strain your neck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-early-ss-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.