27 (resized).JPG
12 (resized).JPG
11 (resized).JPG
10 (resized).JPG
9 (resized).JPG
8 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 27.
#401 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Huh, not too far from here. Real question is, what's his off eBay price?

Or best offer!

#402 8 years ago

chicago.craigslist.org link

Here's a guy who lost his lease in a mall. He's got a Monopoly and lists a Cyclone but don't know if it's a pinball.

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

" target="_blank">chicago.craigslist.org link
Here's a guy who lost his lease in a mall. He's got a Monopoly and lists a Cyclone but don't know if it's a pinball.

The is a photo that shows the Dome of an ICE Cyclone 3 Player redemption game.

#404 8 years ago

evansville.craigslist.org link

Blackout $300

Really tempted...

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

evansville.craigslist.org link
Blackout $300
Really tempted...

Get driving

#406 8 years ago

Yeah, buy it.

#407 8 years ago

Boy I love the encouragement but I am passing. I have to much work to do already.

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Boy I love the encouragement but I am passing. I have to much work to do already.

Get $300! Go fetch!!

rd

#409 8 years ago

Quit it, you guys. You're like an enabling dealer. "You want this crack? You know you want this crack."

#410 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Quit it, you guys. You're like an enabling dealer. "You want this crack? You know you want this crack."

That pin might as well be free. Go get it.

#411 8 years ago

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

Finally a reasonably priced Power Play $800. I never could figure out why people want so much for this sometimes.

#412 8 years ago

dayton.craigslist.org link

Close Encounters of Third Kind $675

but I'm more interested in the Coke machine.

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

cincinnati.craigslist.org link
Finally a reasonably priced Power Play $800. I never could figure out why people want so much for this sometimes.

I think it's the Blackhawks. That Chicago Cubs pin is always high priced too. Game is okay, but not great. 700-800 for that kind of example is fair I think.

#414 8 years ago

Anybody within 4hrs of that Blackout should go get it. (I'm 11 hrs.)

#415 8 years ago

About 7 hours for me. I think dmbjunky should get it.

#416 8 years ago

Blackout! Get it!

#417 8 years ago

I'll tell you what. I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up. (I really don't need another pin)

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it's the Blackhawks. That Chicago Cubs pin is always high priced too. Game is okay, but not great. 700-800 for that kind of example is fair I think.

So if there's one in Cali it wouldn't be as expensive? I figured as much.

#419 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

So if there's one in Cali it wouldn't be as expensive? I figured as much.

Haha. Good question. What say you Aurich and Mr Bellman?

#420 8 years ago

Don't really see them out here.

#421 8 years ago

Todd Tuckey has a Sharp Shooter 2 for $800 and a Sharp Shooter for $700.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'll tell you what. I'll call them tomorrow and see what's up. (I really don't need another pin)

Pinsider Futurepinhead lives in that area. Maybe he could secure it for someone?

Not sure it's a project I'm interested in at this time. It would likely sit there for a long time or it would distract me too much from the other projects I need to finish.

#423 8 years ago

Blackout is not a very interesting game and it gets old fast. Also very easy.

It's charms are all in its sound and total package but not worth the time and effort that would be better spent on a Flash or Firepower.

#424 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Blackout is not a very interesting game and it gets old fast. Also very easy.
It's charms are all in its sound and total package but not worth the time and effort that would be better spent on a Flash or Firepower.

It's funny you think Flash is better than Blackout. I keep hearing Flash is ugly and it doesn't have speech. What makes it better for you?

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's funny you think Flash is better than Blackout. I keep hearing Flash is ugly and it doesn't have speech. What makes it better for you?

Flash is ugly, and it has no speech. But it's a cool game.

I'm waiting for the Aurich retheme package.

rd

#426 8 years ago

I already have Firepower so I wouldn't mind getting some practice on repairing a Blackout. But the distance is too great for me. Plus, this pricè is about what I can afford nowadays.

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

not worth the time and effort that would be better spent on a Flash or Firepower.

Idk man. Blackouts theme and art are ten times that of flash. I haven't had more than a couples hours on each game, but blackout blows flash out of the water for me. If it's too easy, set it up harder. Can't change artwork and theme (or at least I can't haha)

#428 8 years ago

Strikes and spares in Indy. If you could talk the guy down to say 700-800, I think this would be a good pickup. Fun game, easy to move on if you decide to.

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Strikes and spares in Indy. If you could talk the guy down to say 700-800, I think this would be a good pickup. Fun game, easy to move on if you decide to.
indianapolis.craigslist.org link

He is a member here. Good guy.

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Speech is cool but it's just a gimmick. I don't rate games due to speech. I'll take Flash over Gorgar or Blackout any day.

Flash is NOT ugly. I like the art color scheme a lot. Those games ALL have the same shitty artist connie whatshisname, they are not high quality pieces from a freehand drawing standpoint. But I like the way flash looks, the blues reds and yellows are great and there's a certain odd depth to the backglass art. Nice cab art too.

Flash is better to me because I prefer the layout - which has been recycled in part in many, many Steve Ritchie games to this day (AC/DC). It's hard to dial in - basically due to the limitations of the hardware, which started improving with Firepower - but once you do it's really fun to play. Working the drop targets for bonus and points, the upper right flipper has many interesting shots, and I love the kickout hole to the right of the third flipper.

Flash also has one of the best spinner shots in pinball. When its lit for 1,000 and you NAIL that spinner, you can really rock it. Very satisfying and lucrative.

Game also has awesome unique sounds - Blackout everything is just recycled from Firepower.

Like I said I've owned all of these including Blackout and there's just not much to it. It's too easy and it didn't hold my interest, and there's really no payoff. The "blackout" gimmick you hardly even notice, even if it is a first (first GI relay). When I first heard about the game I thought you'd actually have to play a mode in the dark which would have been a much more creative use of the blackout theme and the GI relay.

Just a preference. Like I said Blackout has it's charms but as a player it pales compared to most of its contemporaries.

#431 8 years ago

People say flash is ugly but I kind of like the look of it. It comes up for sale so often and is usually pretty cheap that I think at some point I'll probably buy one to try it out. I do think Blackout looks pretty cool but didn't get a hold of the people selling it. Oh well.

#432 8 years ago

This guy keeps dropping his price. I know I've heard some people have had trouble with him but surely you could make one working machine out of the two. 2 Starship Troopers $1400

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This guy keeps dropping his price. I know I've heard some people have had trouble with him but surely you could make one working machine out of the two. 2 Starship Troopers $1400

If that was closer to me, and I didn't already have it, I'd find a way to do it. SST is an awesome game.

If anyone does get this and wants to part with the lesser cabinet and parts for cheap, I might be interested in using it for a custom project.

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Speech is cool but it's just a gimmick. I don't rate games due to speech. I'll take Flash over Gorgar or Blackout any day.
Flash is NOT ugly. I like the art color scheme a lot. Those games ALL have the same shitty artist connie whatshisname, they are not high quality pieces from a freehand drawing standpoint. But I like the way flash looks, the blues reds and yellows are great and there's a certain odd depth to the backglass art. Nice cab art too.
Flash is better to me because I prefer the layout - which has been recycled in part in many, many Steve Ritchie games to this day (AC/DC). It's hard to dial in - basically due to the limitations of the hardware, which started improving with Firepower - but once you do it's really fun to play. Working the drop targets for bonus and points, the upper right flipper has many interesting shots, and I love the kickout hole to the right of the third flipper.
Flash also has one of the best spinner shots in pinball. When its lit for 1,000 and you NAIL that spinner, you can really rock it. Very satisfying and lucrative.
Game also has awesome unique sounds - Blackout everything is just recycled from Firepower.
Like I said I've owned all of these including Blackout and there's just not much to it. It's too easy and it didn't hold my interest, and there's really no payoff. The "blackout" gimmick you hardly even notice, even if it is a first (first GI relay). When I first heard about the game I thought you'd actually have to play a mode in the dark which would have been a much more creative use of the blackout theme and the GI relay.
Just a preference. Like I said Blackout has it's charms but as a player it pales compared to most of its contemporaries.

Playing a mode in the dark would have been a cool idea. I think I FINALLY found the socket that's been blowing my GI fuse in Firepower (it wasn't instant, took weeks) and not feeling like putting in another fuse I'd play some games with only the insert lighting in a dark room. Was pretty fun. I called it Firepower: After Dark

#435 8 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

If that was closer to me, and I didn't already have it, I'd find a way to do it. SST is an awesome game.
If anyone does get this and wants to part with the lesser cabinet and parts for cheap, I might be interested in using it for a custom project.

How cheap is cheap?

#436 8 years ago

After Blackout hit the arcade, I added a GI blackout relay to the magnet feature of Gorgar.

I agree, Blackout isn't much of a game.

#437 8 years ago

carbondale.craigslist.org link

Buck Rogers $200

I always liked the look of this game.

#438 8 years ago

I liked the look and the play. Its not great but it is certainly better that some of the other system 1's.

#439 8 years ago

Strange Science $2000

Looks really nice. I don't know Rob Craig. He mentions something about a podcast on the Youtube video.

#440 8 years ago

fortwayne.craigslist.org link

Laser War $500

Some really good deals lately. It's taking some real self-control to not contact this guy.

#441 8 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

How cheap is cheap?

What am I getting? Cabinet, wiring, populated playfield, broken boardset? Considering the package deal is $1400... Maybe $500?

#442 8 years ago

Sorcerer with missing backglass for $700.

nh.craigslist.org link

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

fortwayne.craigslist.org link
Laser War $500
Some really good deals lately. It's taking some real self-control to not contact this guy.

Sold already.

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sorcerer with missing backglass for $700.
nh.craigslist.org link

What's a multiplayer card?

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I was wondering the same thing. I would guess a display is out. It seems card = circuit board.

#446 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Yeah I wasn't sure about the "card" thing, he didn't bite on my offer so never had reason to ask about it but I assumed either the display or one of the boards had a problem of some kind.

#447 8 years ago

Firepower $1375

There's also a Cleopatra backglass $120

#448 8 years ago

I like the photos in the Firepower ad.

#449 8 years ago

**This posting has been deleted by its author.**
Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Harlem Globetrotters On Tour / SS
Year: August 1978
Production: 14,550
Cost: $800.00 or trade for a DMD with wizard mode + cash
Link/Contact: stlouis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Game works great. Players game."

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Disco Fever / SS
Year: August 1978
Production: 6,000
Cost: $500.00 or trade for a DMD with wizard mode + cash
Link/Contact: stlouis.craigslist.org link

Condition: OP: "Game plays great." Boards recently rebuilt, MPU, driver and power supply. New caps on sound board. Player 3 display has one segment out. Comes with banana flippers but will supply regular flippers/rings if you want them.

#450 8 years ago

madison.craigslist.org link

Pinbot for $850 in WI. Lots of wear in the chest panel lights, but everything else looks pretty good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-early-ss-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.