• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonrobinette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#499 6 years ago

Thanks to Mike Glauda for showing me Pinside when he stopped by my house the other day. Mike told me that this is the place where all of the bingo guys hang out. He wasn't kidding! It's good to see old bingo friends on here; Dennis, Phil, Vic (who bought a Nashville from me years ago), Nick (who I met at the York show), and, of course, Jeffrey and Bingo Butch (and Mike).

#502 6 years ago

Hey Nick. It's good to hear from you again. I'm planning on being at the York show this Fall. I might be bringing my Acapulco with me if it doesn't sell before then. I noticed in a previous post that you had a question about the Galaxy. I have one in my storage shed. If time permits, I'll attempt to get it up and running, and maybe it can make an appearance in York.

#506 6 years ago

Hey Phil! It will be great to see you again if you can make it to York (that's a long way from Denver!) I saw a previous post where you mentioned seeing the Big Wheel when you came to my house in Maryland. Shortly after our meeting, I sold that game to Bob Herbison in Texas. I wish that I still had that Big Wheel; it was a lot of fun to play (even without extra balls).

#510 6 years ago

Hey Vic. It's good to hear from you. I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the York show. I'm working on taking some pictures of the machines in my collection. My tablet is making the pictures light, so I'll try using my camera. I'll post them to your thread when I get them looking good.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

Jon I am committed to get there. I've tried in the recent past but stuff happens. Hotel is booked. Was my memory accurate? That was a Big Wheel? After I posted that I thought maybe it was a Magic Ring. What happened to that NOS Bikini playfield?

You may be right Phil. I had both machines, and I recently discovered the Magic Ring still in my storage shed. The playfield was actually a Lido, and I still have it (I'm trying to find a nice Lido machine for sale). If you would like to see the playfield, I can bring it to the York show.

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

Jon, I'd love to see it. I sold a really nice Lido about 8 years ago. Totally restored and purchased by a nice guy in South Carolina looking specifically for that title and none other. Could've used that playfield but the one in the game cleaned up nicely. Here's a photo shortly before it left the building.

Wow Phil, you do really nice work.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Jon, if you have the time, can you please check to see if you have a manual for the Galaxy? Phil H has been looking for one for a long time. Not urgent, but perhaps after you've had a chance to go through the game?

Nick, I'll check tomorrow and get back to you.

#536 6 years ago

Jon, if you have the time, can you please check to see if you have a manual for the Galaxy? Phil H has been looking for one for a long time. Not urgent, but perhaps after you've had a chance to go through the game?

Hey Nick: No luck. I do not have the manual or the schematic for the Galaxy. I've got the machine but no paperwork. Go figure.

1 week later
#544 6 years ago

richmond.craigslist.org link
Laguna Beach in VA - $300 - Has a modified base - looks easy enough to return it to factory legs. Score units move, at least.

Hey Nick! The picture on craigslist shows (what looks like) an Anne Arundel County tax sticker on the front door of this Laguna Beach. I knew a couple of operators in Glen Burnie who always put old payout bases (with modified front doors) on their bingos, and put bricks in the bases. This negated the player "bumping" the machine to control the balls, because the machine was so heavy. Because of the age of the Laguna Beach, and it's popularity among players in Maryland, this game might have been on location in 1968 when coin payout was still legal in Anne Arundel County.

#547 6 years ago

Hi Nick. I played two 20 holers, the Orient and the Zodiac back in the mid-seventies, that not only had bricks in the bottom, but had metal front rails (as most 20 holers did). When you "bumped" the front rail to direct the ball, your palms would receive quite a jolt and the ball would be unaffected. Twenty years later, I became friends with the two operators that owned those machines, and I had them over to my house to examine a Malibu Beach I had picked up. They had never seen the game, and it was very interesting and informative watching them go thru the bingo and comment on all of the enhancements that Bally had made.

8 months later
#703 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Interesting glass Ryan. It has the mysterious "BGS" that also appeared on a Bounty repro. glass. As far as I know, no one has been able to identify the maker of that glass. Please consider posting photos of your glass to the Ballerina listing on the IPDB. Thanks!

Hey Dennis! Your posting inspired me to dig out a Bounty glass (it's actually plexiglass) that I picked up years ago. It's not a BGS glass, but I'm confident that it's not a Bally glass either, even though it carries the Bally trademark logo at the top. That's kind of strange, as all of the other reproduction glasses that I own do not have the trademark. Maybe this was manufactured in Canada; I think that I got from Bernie in New Brunswick.

IMG_6325 (resized).JPGIMG_6325 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonrobinette.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl?tu=jonrobinette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.