• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg
There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

This one is a horserace one-ball, and hard for me to decode. The backglass is a Victory Derby or Victory Special that has been relabeled "Hold Your Horses." The playfield again appears to be a Victory Derby/Special but has had the A-B-C-D bumpers added, which were not present on the original game. The cabinet I do not recognize, but it is not from Victory Derby. Does anyone have any idea what this game really is?

Went back and looked through - only Bally's Gold Cup had a similar button arrangement, but it's not the same (http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1027&picno=22843), so I have a couple observations:

Updated ad at seattle.craigslist.org link

1) This appears to be a hand-painted title. I am making that assumption based on the paint marks on the left side, and the fact that the lettering is not centered within the title area. Plus it absolutely matches the same area as on Victory Special. Too much of a coincidence, I think!

2) Cabinet doesn't match any known, but the stencil artwork is very good - the backglass repaint is very good as well - someone cared about this conversion. The left side stencil you can see where they gave up in the middle. The second horse was not completed.

3) Buttons - I'm gonna guess this is a giant toggle switch for 'holding your horses' or keeping your selections static. Makes the name make sense, would be fairly easy to implement.

Because of the above, I think this was probably just a nice conversion. Unusual to see extra player-friendly features exposed, if indeed that's what the buttons are for, but neat to think about.

Now, a question of my own: this is a replay game - where are the replays shown on these early games? A credit projection unit?

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Went back and looked through - only Bally's Gold Cup had a similar button arrangement, but it's not the same (http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1027&picno=22843), so I have a couple observations:
Updated ad at seattle.craigslist.org link
1) This appears to be a hand-painted title. I am making that assumption based on the paint marks on the left side, and the fact that the lettering is not centered within the title area. Plus it absolutely matches the same area as on Victory Special. Too much of a coincidence, I think!
2) Cabinet doesn't match any known, but the stencil artwork is very good - the backglass repaint is very good as well - someone cared about this conversion. The left side stencil you can see where they gave up in the middle. The second horse was not completed.
3) Buttons - I'm gonna guess this is a giant toggle switch for 'holding your horses' or keeping your selections static. Makes the name make sense, would be fairly easy to implement.
Because of the above, I think this was probably just a nice conversion. Unusual to see extra player-friendly features exposed, if indeed that's what the buttons are for, but neat to think about.
Now, a question of my own: this is a replay game - where are the replays shown on these early games? A credit projection unit?

I agree with you. ipdb shows a Bally Entry that has undergone a similar stenciling on the side cabinet, even down to the horse number (11):

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=149&picno=10903

Bally Entry had artwork that reminds me of a Victorian parlor, so maybe it's not surprising that an operator would add eye-candy to the cabinet that would shout "horserace" from across the room. Perhaps some outfit back in the day sold stencils to "refresh" the games?

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Perhaps some outfit back in the day sold stencils to "refresh" the games

Quite possible!

#354 7 years ago

Nice Bally Arlington, a 1937 Bally horserace - payout version. Looks very nice except for backglass, unfortunately.

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#356 7 years ago

Palm Springs with a really nice backglass. Sounds like it needs a couple switch adjustments but pretty close to 100%. CA.

ebay.com link: Bally PALM SPRINGS BINGO Pinball Machine

#357 7 years ago

Night Club! Great game, nice glass. Power cord replacement needed, in OR.
ebay.com link » Rare Bally Night Club Bingo Pinball Machine 1956 Ballys Complete Nice Condition

The seller earlier had this same Night Club on CL at $250, so anyone wanting it might do well to send him an email through eBay.... assuming it does not sell in the current eBay auction.

#358 7 years ago

austin.craigslist.org link
1949 Photo Finish by Universal
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1781
This has been previously listed for $500, currently make offer. Are parts available? I might offer $25.

#359 7 years ago

Go for it! Universal games have some beautiful artwork, don't they? They were a division of United.

Last year we brought a Turf King back to life and it is a lot of fun to play. They are both one balls. If it lifts 5 balls, 4 will not play. Or someone loaded 5 in there, but really it should only have 1.

$25 would be a steal. Let me know if you need parts and I'll see what I can find. Sounds like it should be mostly or all there from the description, and playfield looks like it'll clean very nicely.

1 week later
#360 7 years ago

United user manuals and schematics. I'm not sure if the manuals and schematics for United bingos are freely available in digital format, but there is someone on eBay who is selling the paper originals for many of the United games:

ebay.com link: 1955 United STARLET Bingo Pinball Instruction Manual Schematic

Click on the "show other items" link to see additional games.

#361 7 years ago

Nice looking Big Time near Seattle:

#362 7 years ago

Project Bingo!
Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Beach Time / Bingo 1 Player
Features: IPDB: "Trap holes (25), Rollover buttons (2), Magic Squares, 2 Magic Lines E & F, Ballyhole lights A-F features for next game.
Player can press buttons to rearrange numbers on card in backglass if these features are purchased:
• Press buttons before shooting 4th ball.
• Press buttons before shooting 5th ball.
• Press buttons after shooting 5th ball."
Month/Year: July 1958
Production: 500 (!)
Cost: $100 Offer
Link/Contact: sfbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Machine cycles and lites , but needs work.
All motors work. Includes parts book and wiring diagram."

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has expired.**

#363 7 years ago

Beach Time is the top of all Magic Squares games. It offers movement of every number on the glass along with 'stop and shop', which allows you to insert more money while the game is in progress to attempt to increase features and odds.

Beach Time is the only stop and shop game to allow for before fifth stop and shop.

This game has trim modified and backglass touched up, but otherwise looks pretty darn clean. I'd buy it for $100.

#364 7 years ago

Project Bingo! Curious - I can't find this bingo on IPDB.

Game/Type: Shoot·A·Line / Bingo 1 Player
Cost: $150 TNT Amusements
Contact/Link: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Condition: "We took this in trade...its a BINGO Machine thats in same shape as a Pinball Machine and uses the same balls. Much like playing BINGO. It powers ups and starts but it does not work correctly and will need work. It IS fully complete...it is a tinkerers special...for someone who wants a project! Its in good shape and glass looks good too!"

#365 7 years ago

That's a rename of either Stock Market or Ticker Tape. Renamed so the name was not on a list of machines to CONfiscate by the Law.

1 week later
#366 7 years ago

Super clean looking Ticker Tape on eBay:

#367 7 years ago

Game/Type: Golden Gate x2 / Bingo 1 Player
Features: Trap holes (25), Magic Screen, OK Feature
Month/Year: May 1962
Production: 850
Cost: $200 for both "...will consider offers"
Contact/Link: austin.craigslist.org link

Condition: "These have no flippers, run on nickels, and pay out coin in lew of credits, so for home use only. One has broken table glass, could be used for parts. Both were refurbished before they were purchased, have low hours but have traveled and were opened on the side of the road for gas money..."

#368 7 years ago

That's a good deal on a desirable magic screen game, note that one has incorrect stencil. Apparently modified to use hoppers with reinforced back corners? $200 for 2 is still a good deal.

#369 7 years ago

Yacht Club, cosmetically very nice, not running, $399 in Michigan:

#370 7 years ago

**Relisted at same price**

Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Key West / Bingo 1 Player
Features: IPDB: Magic Squares, Select-a-score (red scores yellow odds, yellow scores red odds)
Month/Year: October 1956
Production: Unknown
Cost: $175 OBO
Contact/Link: seattle.craigslist.org link Condition: "...not in working condition but cosmetically in good condition "

Contact/Link: seattle.craigslist.org link
Condition: No Pics! OP: "For sale 1953 vintage pinball machine not in working condition but cosmetically in good condition"

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#371 7 years ago

Game/Type: Laguna Beach / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1960
Features: IPDB: "Trap holes (25), Magic Screen, OK Feature, 3 or more in orange scores as green odds. Player can press buttons before shooting 5th ball to move positions of backbox numbers."
Production: 750 (!)

Game/Type: Can Can x2 / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1961
Features: IPDB: "Magic Screen, OK Feature, White Button for Super Sections"
Production: 850 (!)

Game/Type: Circus Queen / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1960
Features: IPDB: "Magic Screen, OK Feature, Blue bonus feature (Balls in blue section score 300/600)"
Production: Unknown

Cost: $250 Each or $125 Each if purchased as a lot
Contact/Link: greenville.craigslist.org link

Condition: "They are in various states of condition.
I am only selling due to health reasons and am unable to work on them myself anymore."

#372 7 years ago

Still looking for another machine, wish any of these were closer to PA!

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

Still looking for another machine, wish any of these were closer to PA!

what one are you looking for I have many for sale

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from BingoButch:

Hey Butch, did you pick up the Serenade yet?

#375 7 years ago

Nope, was told he will be in Saint Louis in late March early April

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from BingoButch:

I'm not real specific, I'm currently looking for something in the magic screen variety, Lido or similar as I'm sure everyone says. I'm not really looking for any one game just something for home play and I don't have a magic screen yet.

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

I'm not real specific, I'm currently looking for something in the magic screen variety, Lido or similar as I'm sure everyone says. I'm not really looking for any one game just something for home play and I don't have a magic screen yet.

I will look today and see what we have

#378 7 years ago

No idea if this is a good one but it has nice art and seems like a good price?

Bally Atlantic City project. $125.
chicago.craigslist.org link

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

No idea if this is a good one but it has nice art and seems like a good price?

Atlantic City is a very good game. No moving numbers, but there are three cards with multiple spotted numbers. Looks in reasonable shape, cosmetically!

#380 7 years ago

Yes........ One of my favorite bingos.

IMG_2447 (resized).JPGIMG_2447 (resized).JPG

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

Yes........ One of my favorite bingos

What, no corners? Haha! Nice work!

#382 7 years ago

Shoot a Line (Ticker Tape ?) six card With Bally's Twist bingo playfield in it?
philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#383 7 years ago

NOS Bikini backglass in Maryland!

1 week later
#384 7 years ago

sanantonio.craigslist.org link

1952 United, Show Boat $200. Ad says it works.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

1952 United, Show Boat $200. Ad says it works.

That's a hard-to-find game with a crazy light show. Was lucky enough to play Butch's game at the last York show.

It's quite an interesting game, too. The only six card United made, and it has a feature no other game has: the ability to make a shot in the third row and earn an extra ball. You can earn up to three per game, but the feature typically doesn't light very often.

This looks like an early game before they went to the more clear 'Double' and 'Triple' verbiage under each card. Another very nice feature.

The machine really makes some crazy sounds when it is searching to add another card or find that extra ball feature. Love it!

#386 7 years ago

ebay.com link: RARE Bally Night Club Bingo Pinball Machine 1956 Ballys complete nice condition

Night Club... one of my all-time favorites. Very nice original glass, overall decent condition, $399 in Oregon.

#387 7 years ago

ebay.com link: 1977 Bally Miss Universe Bingo Pinball Machine

This one is right up the road from me... so many unique parts, and I need a playfield for the Multi. This was Bally's only 18 hole game. Someone buy it before I end up getting it just for the playfield... $150 will likely take it. Also available on Richmond Craigslist.

#388 7 years ago

ebay.com link: vintage bally bingo pinball

Looks like some mice have made a home in the lower cab at some point - but this is a rarity - Beach Beauty is the only game to allow spotting of any number on the backglass through use of the 'Wild Pockets'. Very fun game. In the multi, getting that feature to light can take a little while, but it is so worth it when it does. Glass looks good, and has playfield glass, but no lockbar.

Looks like same seller has a second machine that is not on legs - perhaps you could get a 2-for-1 deal? Worth a shot. Hopefully second game in a bit better shape.

#389 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Very Nice Bally Galaxy Bingo Pinball Machine

$67?! This is another oddity - I guess all of them are for sale at once - Galaxy is the only 24 hole game and has a similar concept to Miss Universe (but 5 ball and no rebound spots), also includes a ball return feature kinda sorta similar to Tahiti. Quite odd. Looking forward to getting this one in the Multi. Have a nice playfield but no unique ball r eturn mech.

In Alabama. Auction ends in 13 hours.

#390 7 years ago

ebay.com link: 1974 Bally Wall Street Bingo Pinball Machine Work Ready for Play

Wall Street - don't see this one come up very often. Guy is selling for $800 in Tennessee, but has a make offer button. Seems to be working, though in the photo he has corners on every card lit... that's probably not right.

#391 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Miami Beach 1950 s Bally Bingo Pinball Machine

Miami Beach - the only game with 'Magic Curtains' - a card that expands as you put in additional coin.

Game is a project and has 'interesting' touch-up on the backglass. Good player, though, and you don't see them very frequently.

#392 7 years ago

frederick.craigslist.org link

Rarity and really interesting game - Safari in Adamstown for $40!!!

It has a solid state feature for the 'animal game', a secondary game played to earn credits separate from the main game.

#393 7 years ago

easternshore.craigslist.org link

Spot-Em on Eastern Shore of VA - $1200

This is a different glass provided for Fun Way/Lotta Fun.

#394 7 years ago

frederick.craigslist.org link
Rarity and really interesting game - Safari in Adamstown for $40!!!
It has a solid state feature for the 'animal game', a secondary game played to earn credits separate from the main game.

No reply-to information in the ad.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmedl:

No reply-to information in the ad.

Oh man, didn't notice that. Sorry about that. Looks like someone else in the area already posted a reply ad saying they'd come get it.

That price is too good to be true. Looks in good shape.

#396 7 years ago

Someone buy it before I end up getting it just for the playfield... $150 will likely take it.

Ok, found a really nice looking playfield on Ebay. Problem solved.... whew!

#397 7 years ago

Robert, there's a button on the bottom for Craigslist to send the reply for you. Safari is actually a fun game, for a 20 holer anyway. If I weren't 1700 miles away, I'd go for it.

#398 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Universal Photo Finish 5 cent horserace pinball bingo machine gambling bally old

This... is a beautiful machine. Price is a bit steep... but love the backlit horses at the top of the glass and the excellent stencil. Universal games have some fantastic art. Not a bingo, but direct ancestor!

#399 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Ballys Super Wall Street Bingo Pinball Machine

Super Wall Street seems to be a conversion of Bally's Bali. Hard to find in the States, but apparently falling out of the trees in Canada. This one's in Arkansas. BG looks nice, no other photos.

#400 7 years ago

ebay.com link: Nashville Bingo Pinball Machine

A Nashville. First game with the Magic Numbers. Also in Arkansas. 6 cards, corners, super lines, rollovers - lots of features.

I've never been partial to the backglass/playfield artwork on this game, but it's a great player!

There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/8?hl=bingobutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.