• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg
There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#152 7 years ago

So cool!!! (...and reasonable.) Thanks, Robin (and whoever else had a hand in the new Bingo category).

#153 7 years ago

I feel a resurgence in the interest in bingo pins. Where there used to be a number posted for sale on craigslist in major cities, such as St. Louis there are none anymore. Prices also seem to be increasing for non-working machines.

A few years bingo machines were best considered as boat anchors because of the EM complexity in bringing them back to functionality. It seemed nobody could sell them.

When I purchased my Ticker Tape bingo a few months ago ($50), there were a number craigslist ads for other bingo s, with one ad posting multiple machines. Now there are none with nothing new appearing.

I just jumped and bought a Bally Show Time that showed up on craigslist close to home last week. I went during the workday last Thursday and bought the machine as the seller indicated interested parties wanting to come Thursday evening and over the weekend. I paid the sellers asking price of $150.

Ticker Tape has developed a serious problem with the double or nothing feature, so Show Time will have to wait until Ticker Tape is fully sorted.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

I just jumped and bought a Bally Show Time that showed up on craigslist close to home last week.

Welcome to the club -- I have Bally Show Time in my restore queue

#155 7 years ago

Hey Minnesota13, congrats on the Show Time! Beautiful, fun game. The arrangement of the squares makes it very fun to play. Dasvis, I hope your Show Time is coming up in the queue soon - I saw you're working on the wood finish.

Quoted from minnesota13:

Ticker Tape has developed a serious problem with the double or nothing feature

The double-or-nothing runs through a few different circuits, some with added electrical components like a capacitor on the double delay relay, diodes on the double win (preventing accidental trip on other relays).

Does the game detect winners properly, and just not play the double when you hit 'D'?

#156 7 years ago

Wow, huge bingo lot in Idaho:

United Manhattan x 3, United Tropics, United Mexico, and some great Bally 25 (and a couple of 20 hole) titles.

spokane.craigslist.org link

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Does the game detect winners properly, and just not play the double when you hit 'D'?

It detects winners correctly, and pays correctly. However, if you go for the double or nothing option, push the D button it often times goes to pay double, but then goes into continuous incrementation of the payout register that I stop by powering off the machine.

#158 7 years ago

Sounds like it's not stepping up that card's replay counter. Does it only happen on one card? You may also have an issue with a limit switch on the selection unit not closing at position #6. Hope that's at least a start. Let me know if I can help!

#159 7 years ago

The Double or Nothing problem occurs only on cards 1,2 and 3. Press the double button and the payout counter runs on. I believe it always scores a double rather than a random double on cards 1,2,3. On cards 4,5,6 double payment is random.

#160 7 years ago

Yeah, check the replay counters for cards 1-3. It really sounds like it's not stepping that.

#161 7 years ago

check the replay counters for cards 1-3. It really sounds like it's not stepping that.

Focusing on Card 1 only. Regular wins the replay counter steps correctly. Double/Nothing wins, replay counter does not step.

#162 7 years ago

Check the single pole double throw on double relay #2 located at A14 - specifically the switch pair with wire colors 14-8 and 81-1.

Second place would be the selection unit, ensure clean, all wires tight to wiper finger ends.

Also, for fun, check your search index resistor has not desoldered itself on search index #1 (I don't think this is the issue).

#163 7 years ago

United Manhattan x 3, United Tropics, United Mexico, and some great Bally 25 (and a couple of 20 hole) titles.

That's a nice bunch of bingo pinball machines for less than $100 a game.

#164 7 years ago

Yes, and most are in pretty good shape. Looks like most of the glasses are very nice. Cabinets are hit or miss, but only the Night Club looks like it had anti-theft mods done.

#165 7 years ago

If by any chance someone is getting these from there to the Midwest, let me know. I have interest in several of the Bally titles.

#166 7 years ago

Check the single pole double throw on double relay #2 located at A14 - specifically the switch pair with wire colors 14-8 and 81-1.

Cleaned up these contacts, no adjustment needed.

I found the problem: CAM 9 switches must have been dirty. I pulled the stack, burnished the contacts, made a slight adjustment and the problem was resolved.

I am uncomfortable that it seems to pay double almost all the time. Just occasionally it will be nothing. Otherwise Ticker Tape seems to have settled into correct operation again.

#167 7 years ago

our evil companion .... dirt

#168 7 years ago

FYI -- Several of these games are sold; several are still available.

1 week later
#170 7 years ago

All is quiet on the Craigslist front at the moment - all across the country!

Variety in Bremerton, WA - edit- a different person in WA has a United Rodeo playfield and a United Pixies playfield, complete, for sale:

ebay.com link: Bally Variety Bingo Pinball 5 balls 5 cents Shipping is Available

#171 7 years ago

Found one near me! Bright Lights, 1951 - first bingo that Bally produced as we know them today. Six cards, pretty nice shape! Legs and playfield need a little cleaning.

richmond.craigslist.org link

#172 7 years ago

The day-glow colors Bally used on the playfield really pop and the backglass art is one of my favorites. I'm glad a had a chance to own one.

#173 7 years ago

Interesting SK-IL-RO on ebay:

ebay.com link: itm

It's not bingo, but the 3-reel replay counter clearly marks it as a gambling game. ipdb states that only 100 units were produced. A gambling game with flippers... interesting.

s-l1600_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(resized).jpg

#174 7 years ago

Thank you Richmond !!!! bought them both

#175 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Big Show / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: July 1956
Features: Backbox animation (Magic Squares). First game with triple-deck scores
Cost: $150
Link/Contact: washingtondc.craigslist.org link
Condition: No Pics! OP: "Lights up and works !"

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has expired.**

3 weeks later
#176 7 years ago

Game/Type: Bowl-A-Line / Bingo 1 Player
Year: January 1972
Features: The sides look like 'Ticker Tape.' "This is probably a Bally Ticker Tape machine using a replacement after-market backglass with a different name." (IPDB) If so, features include Trap holes (25). Six cards, 6 coin maximum and Super lines.
Cost: $75
Link/Contact: reading.craigslist.org link
Condition: Looks good cosmetically. The backbox sits over the top row of holes? OP: "The game seems to be complete but needs to be shopped out to make it working. Nice project for someone."

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#177 7 years ago

Thanks Pecos! Sorry I haven't been posting much, I've been a bit distracted with bingo pursuits lately.

Backbox is not currently attached. Backglass has had Ticker Tape scraped and the other name painted on.

Ticker tape is a great playing six card and my elder daughter's favorite game! $75 is a great deal.

If operated in PA, it may grant you all six cards for one coin. Most of.the time, these games had an aftermarket backglass titled 'single coin'. Usually an obvious and easy hack to reverse.

#178 7 years ago

From Mr. P this morning:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lotta Fun (bingo), 1959 Bally: 695.
With old Pitts Civic Arena backglass. 6 card single coin machine. All gone through & fully working. All new rubbers, lock. Manual & schm included. Nice backglass.
Chuck
[email protected], Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania 15068
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#179 7 years ago

Palm Beach Turbo near Baltimore - solid state game.

Make an offer, worked before it went into storage. At the moment, contact me and I will provide owner's number. I am awaiting an email address to post.

#180 7 years ago

Hi-Fi in Sacremento! $400 Looks pretty nice, though lockdown looks funky. The bump feature is so odd - I really want to give one of these a try one day.

ebay.com link: Pinball Machine Ballys Hi FI

1 week later
#182 7 years ago

Now this is a bingo I would like to own with Magic Screen but so far away:
Game/Type: Laguna Beach / Bingo 1 Player
Year: February 1960
Features: IPDB: "Trap holes (25), Magic Screen, OK Feature, 3 or more in orange scores as green odds. Player can press buttons before shooting 5th ball to move positions of backbox numbers."
Production: 750 (!)
Cost: $200 OP: "OBO or trade to anything of interest."
Link/Contact: nashville.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Need to sale this old bingo style pinball. Works but not 100% needs cleaning."

Added over 8 years ago: **Ad not found**

#183 7 years ago

Game/Type: Broadway / Electro-mechanical (EM) BINGO
Month/Year: November 1955
Production: N/A
Cost: Starting Bid: $300.00 Buy It Now :$450.00
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Bingo Pinball Machine

OP: 1955 Bally Broadway Bingo Pinball Machine with wood rails and legs.
>all parts are there, cabinet is in excellent condition for it's age
>machine runs and lights up but does not play
>backglass has minor flaking, some repair has been performed to prevent further flaking
>machine has a new fuse block, balls, bulbs and extra switches are included
>game features the magic corners
>game is being sold as is and is offered as a restoration project
>buyer must pickup the machine located in Western North Carolina, seller is not able to help with loading the game-two people would be needed to move it(no steps involved)

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Now this is a bingo I would like to own with Magic Screen but so far away:
Game/Type: Laguna Beach / Bingo 1 Player
Year: February 1960
Features: IPDB: "Trap holes (25), Magic Screen, OK Feature, 3 or more in orange scores as green odds. Player can press buttons before shooting 5th ball to move positions of backbox numbers."
Production: 750 (!)
Cost: $200 OP: "OBO or trade to anything of interest."
Link/Contact: nashville.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Need to sale this old bingo style pinball. Works but not 100% needs cleaning."

Amen...and hard to go wrong for two hundo.

#185 7 years ago

Game/Type: Parade / Electro-mechanical (EM) BINGO
Month/Year: March 1956
Cost: Starting Bid: $100.00
Link/Contact: dallas.craigslist.org link

OP: FIRST, if you see this ad..yes I still have it for sale.

Unfortunately, I need to let this project go due to lack of time.

Bally pinball bingo machine
"Parade"
Works but still needs adjustmen's
To be fully functional.
Sold as a project machine
Excellent playfield
Back glass has some peeling

Comes with original schematics

100 dollars, price is Firm,
NO trades, NO money order,
NO PAYPAL, cash only.

#186 7 years ago

Parade is pretty darn rare and only $100!!! It has the quadruple scoring of Night Club with Magic Squares and extra lines (with duplicated numbers).

#187 7 years ago

Considering letting go of my Coney Island... I am just packed with games now in my basement and I enjoy playing my Palm Springs.
The Coney Island is in pretty nice shape and not too far away from becoming a player. If somebody has some interest in a nice project contact me. It's a cool machine and maybe one of the smallest and lightest Bingo's - that's a plus !

Figured I'd mention it here before I actually give in and post it officially for sale.

Here is a thread I started where you can see it and the progress I made so far. A little more effort-ed work and it should play.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/working-on-coney-island-bingo

feel free to message me if interested

#188 7 years ago

Just re-reviewed that thread NoQuarters - looks like the zero position of the ball count unit is probably not making good contact. Fixing that will likely get the shutter working. Alternatively, shutter may have another issue, but that funky rivet looks rough and is probably not conducting. Probably also why a new game won't start from red button.

Sorry to hear you're thinning the herd! Coney Island is a lot of fun, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Palm Springs as well.

#189 7 years ago

I had worked on the rivet and got some silver solder on it and have it shaped well enough that I think that it is making good contact Nick. I think there is just some issue with the shutter yet....... It's close. But , yes I should probably thin the herd anyway. If there is somebody nearby that wants it I can let it go cheaply as I don't have a lot invested in it.
If any body watching the Bingo world here is interested let me know, otherwise I'll probably put it up on Craigslist. Just shoot me a message.

Added over 8 years ago: 7-15-2016 Coney Island is Sold.

#190 7 years ago

Manufacturer: United
Game/Type: Monaco / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1956
Features: IPDB: "1 Card, 2 Super Cards, Select-A-Feature"
Production: Unknown
Cost: $100
Link/Contact: fresno.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Mid 50's bingo pinball machine. Monoco edition. Play field and glass are in excellent condition. Powers up but doesn't play. Great canidate for restoration."

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#191 7 years ago

Love to get it but cant drive that far.

#192 7 years ago

I'm selling my Silver Sails for $1000. Cash preferred but may consider trades +/- cash for Gay Time, Lido, Bikini, Bounty.

Pix: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/hc9tozbe8xeo0g4/AABjwEkHJYFg2fYhVwsY3SH5a

Located outside of Cincinnati, OH in 45140. Pickup preferred, but I can work with your shipper.

Shopped and working all the way. A very good player's machine.

Playfield: Excellent. Cleaned and waxed. New light bulbs, posts, rubber, shooter springs, balls, rebound springs.

Cabinet: Good. Reinforced corners. Cleaned, but does show normal wear, fading, and some spotting.

Coin door: Fair. New lock. Has damage as shown in photos which does not impact game play. I'm not a woodworker, so this repair is beyond my ability.

Lock down bar: Fair. Paint loss to the metal button and associated instructions.

Backglass: Fair. Several areas of paint loss and crazing as shown in photos. Reds are faded. I'm not a touchup expert, so repainting the backglass is beyond my ability. If I were to keep the machine, I would leave it as-is or triple-thick it to arrest the paint loss and protect it from any further paint loss.

Bally's Silver Sails (1962) is one of the most desirable of all Bally bingo machines. Pick-a-play (go for scores, features, or both), triple-deck scoring, rollover buttons, magic screens, super sections, 2/3 in blue score 600/300, extra balls, OK game, Golden game. Complete details here: http://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/bally/silver_sails/

#194 7 years ago

Game/Type: Bally Beauty / EM 1 Player Bingo Machine
Year: October 1952
Cost: Starting Bid: $299.99
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: Bally Beauty Bingo Pinball Machine

OP: Up for bid is a Bally beauty Bingo Machine this machine is set up for 5 cents per play this is a working machine new rubber rings and new tempered playfield glass the machine looks good for its age any questions please ask .

#195 7 years ago

Some good games here - six cards (Wall Street and High Flyer), Tahiti, and United Nevada - each $300.
stlouis.craigslist.org link

High Flyer now listed on Ebay

Game/Type: High Flyer / Bingo 1 Player
Features: Trap holes (25), Six cards, 8 coin maximum, Red diagonal line winners.
Month/Year: April 1977
Cost: Buy It Now: $300.00 obo
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: High Flyer bingo pinball machine

OP: The machine does work but not all the lights lite up. Machine is being sold as-is.

#196 7 years ago

Manufacturer: United Manufacturing Company
Game/Type: Starlet / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1955
Cost: Buy It Now: $600.00
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: 1956 UNITED STARLET BINGO PINBALL MACHINE GOOD WORKING CONDITION

Game/Type: Circus Queen / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: December 1960
Cost: Buy It Now: $850.00 obo
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: vintage bally circus queen bingo pinball machine

#197 7 years ago

Will be putting up for sale Beach Beauty and a Surf Club

#198 7 years ago

Game/Type: Surf Club / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: February 1954
Cost: $375
Link/Contact: lasvegas.craigslist.org link

#199 7 years ago

That NV Surf Club looks very nice! It is one of only two 25 hole games with the 'hold' feature. If you have earned it, you can choose to hold either odd or even numbers (or all of them if you've been shooting well) and you get another chance to shoot those balls! Great feature.

Surf Club adds a second opportunity to drop the balls and super line scoring on top of Palm Springs (the first game with the hold feature).

Butch, can't wait to see yours.

#200 7 years ago

Game/Type: Golden Gate / Bingo 1 Player
Month/Year: May 1962
Production: 850
Cost: Opening Bid: $300 Buy It Now: $500
Link/Contact: ebay.com link: 1962 bally golden gate bingo pinball machine

There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/4?hl=bingobutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.