• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg
There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.
#51 8 years ago

Yukon is extremely rare and therefore interesting to me. It also has incredible artwork. I'd still like to try one! Check out those curtains!

I wonder if the two player Twin Joker is just a dud, but the single players are more fun? I honestly have no clue. I do know that the post arrangement would drive me nuts for a while.

ebay.com link: Williams Yukon 1957 Wood Rail Bingo Pinball Machine No Flippers VERY RARE

#52 8 years ago

**Price reduced**
Manufacturer: SIRMO Games S.A., of Verviers, Belgium
Game/Type: Miss Americana / Bingo 1 Player
Year: 1984
Production: Unknown
Cost: $150 reduced to $100 reduced to $75
Link/Contact: stlouis.craigslist.org link
Condition: Looks nice. OP: "LIGHT UP BUT WONT PLAY CALL FOR DETAILS like to have it gone by the weekend very rare game"

Added over 8 years ago: **Ad not found**

#53 8 years ago

Cool! Sirmos are rare in the States.

They work like early Bally solid states with the keypad. Someone familiar with that boardset should have little trouble getting it going.

#54 8 years ago

The story I've heard a few times is that some of the foreign SS bingos have a code that must be entered to get the machine operable. If the new owner did not get the code the game could not be operated. Can anyone verify this. Not speculation, but actual knowledge please.

#55 8 years ago

Dennis - that would be very interesting... I wonder why they would bother with that bit of protection? I know a couple people with some familiarity with the solid states, I'll try and find the answer.

#56 8 years ago

I'll also see, if such a code exists, how long the code might be. If it is 4 digits, that's not much protection and can be brute forced by anyone with an hour or two of time.

#57 8 years ago

i'd heard the same sort of thing ... remember something about needing to connect some kind of decoding key/box to get them unlocked and no one could access one - but that was many years ago and recalling specific details escapes me now --- just gettin' old =/

#58 8 years ago

Well, they definitely have keypads, just like early Bally solid states. Figure that might be what you're thinking/have heard about... But no speculation here! Waiting on responses.

#59 8 years ago

My favorite line from the Sirmo technical manual: "It is just impossible to list all the possible defects in a technical manual."

I see note of remote dialing/knock off capability, but you can just unplug the remote call boards and it will continue to function. I did find a thread on here that detailed someone bringing a New Orleans back to life - no special code needed.

#60 8 years ago

"Bally pinball machine - $120" on Portland cl. For some unknown reason, I can't paste a working link.

Description: "model name / number: Gayety 566 pictures on OfferUp"

That must mean this one:

https://offerupnow.com/item/detail/82512898/bally-566-pinball-machine

gayety_(resized).jpggayety_(resized).jpg

Hopefully the Magic Lines buttons are inside somewhere.

Hopefully whatever nibbled the instruction cards is not inside somewhere.

#61 8 years ago

2 Bonanzas destined to be tables in Modesto, CA - last of the Magic Squares games:

modesto.craigslist.org link

#62 8 years ago

Partially flaked and faded reds on this United Circus backglass in CA:

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#63 8 years ago

Really nice looking Silver Sails in St. Louis. Fully working, has Formica installed on playfield wood surrounds.

This would be a great first bingo for someone. Highly desirable title, good shape and fully working.

ebay.com link: itm

#64 8 years ago

Heard back about solid states and codes. They are used by Wimi. Codes can be blanked out, but it is important to ask the question if you're looking at a Wimi, if they have the code.

Codes are alphanumeric, so cracking is probably very difficult. Perhaps one day I'll get my hands on one and see what I can come up with.

Sirmo doesn't use them, and I'm not sure about GAA.

#65 8 years ago

denver.craigslist.org link

Beach Time for sale - same features as a Sun Valley with great beach-themed artwork. $300 takes this and a parts machine in Colorado.

#67 8 years ago

Whoops, the Touchdown was already posted! Here's a Bally Beauty in consolation:

$395 in Oregon.

portland.craigslist.org link

#68 8 years ago

Roller Derby in New Orleans - $1250

I wonder why all the Roller Derby's have bad backglasses? Must've been something they were trying out on that particular game.

neworleans.craigslist.org link

#71 8 years ago

Manufacturer: Coin Device Mfg. Co. Inc.
Game/Type: Having Fun / Bingo 1 Player
Features: Ser No 1023
Month/Year: ??
Condition: Not found in IPDB. Rough cabinet. Backglass looks good. Playfield looks fair to good. OP: " Missing the fuse holder, backglass has some wear at the right corner and needs shopped out. Has the popular Bally plastic piece on it.Original wood rails were replaced above the coin box end and the legs are metal. Looks like its mostly there, never turned it on. Check the pics for details - need to move these so come and get em!"
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Stardust / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: October 1971
Production: 5,455
Condition: OP: "played it for a couple months and it stopped, looks like a bad coil or something that can be an easy fix. Backglass is cracked and needs a shop job with new rubbers, etc. Played great but don't have the time to screw around with it - check out the pics."
Cost: $600 for both
Link/Contact: akroncanton.craigslist.org link

#72 8 years ago

Something fishy going on with that 'Having Fun'. No manufacturers mark on the BG, playfield is an early Bally in the style of Bright Lights or Broadway '51. Interesting!

#73 8 years ago

Did you read the manufacturers certificate Nick? This thing appears to be a legitimate conversion. Looks like a Bright Lights with a repainted playfield. I've never seen that one.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Did you read the manufacturers certificate Nick? This thing appears to be a legitimate conversion. Looks like a Bright Lights with a repainted playfield. I've never seen that one.

Funny place for the certificate though. Maybe just a doctored certificate. Those playfield colors bug me though. They look too damn nice for an operator repaint. More sleuthing needed!

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Maybe just a doctored certificate

That was my assumption. That certificate sure held up well.

#76 8 years ago

I do see a reference to a jukebox manufactured under that name, but no other records on Google that I've been able to find... huh!

#77 8 years ago

Manufacturer: United
Game/Type: Pixies / Bingo 1 Player
Features: 1 Card, Lite-A-Name, Diagonal Scoring, 8 Balls Next Game
Month/Year: October 1955
Cost: $200
Link/Contact: dayton.craigslist.org link
Condition: Cabinet repainted OP: "graphics good, complete but I didn't plug it in since the wiring is old."
Added over 8 years ago: **Price reduced to $180 - dayton.craigslist.org link **

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: United
Game/Type: Pixies / Bingo 1 Player"

Why can't these ever be in Chicago?

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from northside-irish:

Why can't these ever be in Chicago?

Probably because they were illegal. I don't come across any bingos here in NY either.

#80 8 years ago

stlouis.craigslist.org link

United Manhattan $200 in St. Louis - go grab it! Two card bingo with fantastic artwork.

#83 8 years ago

ebay.com link: RARE 1976 BALLY BLUE CHIP BINGO NEAR MINT PINBALL MACHINE

Blue Chip six card in NJ - looks like it's in great shape aside from the coin door, which should clean up easily. $350

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Key West in NY - JR, I found one!
buffalo.craigslist.org link
$525 fully working.

I wonder if it's the same "Key West" I saw on eBay a couple of years ago. That one was in upstate NY as well, and like this one, it was very nice. I was heading up that way for work the following day, and wanted to stop by and see it. It sold BIN before I made it there. I was told that someone in Key West, Florida bought it. The guy who had it for sale said that most of his games were at his son's house in the Buffalo area. It could be that the deal never happened, and this is the same one.

#85 8 years ago

ebay.com link » Rare 1976 Bally Blue Chip Bingo Near Mint Pinball Machine
Blue Chip six card in NJ - looks like it's in great shape aside from the coin door, which should clean up easily. $350

No bids with less than two hours to go.

#86 8 years ago

" target="_blank">stlouis.craigslist.org link
United Manhattan $200 in St. Louis - go grab it! Two card bingo with fantastic artwork.

Wow, that is a looker and it's in great shape. If it were closer...

#87 8 years ago

This on Mr. P today:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Coney Island (bingo), 1951 Bally: $400
Old unit but very clean. Appears to be complete minus legs and front panel. I have never powered it up. Was left in the house I bought. Email or text for pics.
Nathan Phone: (217) 891-0444
[email protected], Taylorville, Illinois 62568
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#88 8 years ago

Coney Island is a great player - second bingo Bally produced, three cards, and first bingo with extra balls! Hey nothside-irish, this may be the one for you!

Not sure what they mean by front panel. Coin door? Prob. worth a text or email. If missing the coin door and legs as stated, I'd negotiate down from $400. Without the coin door (which includes the red and yellow buttons), you can't play!

Same guy is selling a "Just 21" turret shooter woodrail. Also missing legs (for some reason). Hopefully not kept on a damp basement floor.

#89 8 years ago

Looks like the Blue Chip didn't sell. That is a fantastic six card with a center spotted number that you can move! Someone should make contact.

#90 8 years ago

Surf Club in Indiana - looks to be in very good shape but with an odd (to say the least) cab repaint.

$350 muncie.craigslist.org link

That backglass looks flawless, and the playfield has a funky thing going on with the yellow insert - either painted or dirty. Works 100% according to post.

Surf Club is the only game with 'double hold'. It also has a super line - there are so many opportunities to win on this machine, and the artwork is fantastic. One of my favorite backglasses.

#91 8 years ago

I'm looking for Bingos in the Metro area in MN.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Funny place for the certificate though. Maybe just a doctored certificate. Those playfield colors bug me though. They look too damn nice for an operator repaint. More sleuthing needed!

I actually went to look at both of these machines two weeks ago for possible parts. I have a '48 Bally flipper game that needs a few things and a '71 Williams with some missing pieces. I asked the guy about the bingo before I went there because I also couldn't find a manufacturer name on the BG. But the Bally plastic piece was there, so I figured it was legit.

Not sure what to say about the bingo after seeing it. I might go back and make an offer for parts, but I think this is a remake or something. Inside the backbox looks like newer parts for some reason. I don't have experience with bingos, but this looked newer. There is definitely no manufacturer name on the BG. I am not sure if it's that Coin Op company or what, but something seems odd.

The guy was nice and if it's a repro game from China or something, he's not trying to rip anyone off. He just doesn't know.

The Stardust is rough. Huge cracks in the BG. New crappy bottom cab piece. PF is average at best. He thinks the game is worth something, but $100 might be a stretch.

#93 8 years ago

ebay.com link » Rare 1976 Bally Blue Chip Bingo Near Mint Pinball Machine

I thought for sure this Blue Chip would get a least one bid.

#94 8 years ago

Great thread guys.
I like the Bingo games as a novelty, they are kind of fun to play but not for a long time..... I just love the cabinet art . the back glass is very nice on many of them too.
I own one ( a Manhattan ) and would like to own maybe 2-3 more but I seldom see any for sale in Michigan. maybe they were not as widely distributed in Michigan as other parts of the Country ?
Thanks for starting this thread I am learning allot and who knows , maybe I will find another one or two and save them too

Brian Lenker
Ortonville MI.
586-344-0721

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

Great thread guys.
I like the Bingo games as a novelty, they are kind of fun to play but not for a long time..... I just love the cabinet art . the back glass is very nice on many of them too.

Yeah, they would have been a LOT more fun back when you could (hopefully) win $$$$ on them.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

I like the Bingo games as a novelty, they are kind of fun to play but not for a long time.

Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah, they would have been a LOT more fun back when you could (hopefully) win $$$$ on them.

Obviously the gambling element was part of the allure, and that ties into a fascinating part of pinball history, but after listening to well over 300 episodes of the OP's podcast:

http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/

It's pretty apparent there's some depth to these games. In fact, when you have a few minutes, you might even read his article about why a Bingo machine is a deeper gameplay experience than Twilight Zone:

http://www.thepinballpodcast.com/2015/03/11/the-ras-al-ghul-of-bingo/

I am not a bingo pinball owner, but I must say, I'm intrigued. It's why I'm following this thread.

It just strikes me as an odd place to come and voice opinions like the ones listed above. I doubt you'd go to a concert and start belittling the artist on stage. At least, I'd hope for that base level of consideration to be exercised. I'll hope the same regard for decorum can be observed here.

Curiosity is one thing. If you'd like to know why and how these games are so enjoyable, I'm sure there are plenty of folks in this thread who could speak to the complexity of these games and discuss the enjoyment they've derived from owning and playing bingos for many years. But to come in here declaring things like,

Quoted from Bribo13:

...they are kind of fun to play but not for a long time.

...and...

Quoted from dasvis:

...they would have been a LOT more fun back when you could (hopefully) win $$$$ on them.

...doesn't seem to add anything constructive to the conversation.

Respectfully,
Ryan

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I thought for sure this Blue Chip would get a least one bid.

I was surprised as well - I'm betting it will be relisted. I only found it a few hours before the auction was over.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

If you'd like to know why and how these games are so enjoyable, I'm sure there are plenty of folks in this thread who could speak to the complexity of these games and discuss the enjoyment they've derived from owning and playing bingos for many years.

Absolutely - now, it's important to note that I'm not much of a gambler, but these were games that could be used to win money. Never having had that experience, what I'm left with is the challenging gameplay and beautiful aesthetics of the machines. I certainly play my bingos more than my flipper machines. Some are fast players, some are more measured. It all depends on what I have time to play.

Quoted from dasvis:

they would have been a LOT more fun back when you could (hopefully) win $$$$ on them.

If you were good at the gameplay, yeah! Who doesn't like earning money for playing pinball? It's like every game is a mini-tournament. . As I've been told by multiple guests - just don't win too much...

Quoted from Bribo13:

I own one ( a Manhattan ) and would like to own maybe 2-3 more but I seldom see any for sale in Michigan.

My guess is that Michigan cracked down on the bingos much earlier than other states. Manhattan (and pretty much all of the United games) have fantastic artwork. Great title to own.

Quoted from Bribo13:

I like the Bingo games as a novelty, they are kind of fun to play but not for a long time

To each their own. Much like an add-a-ball game, you have to set your challenges in a home environment. My goal is to max out that credit meter. I've not yet done it on any of my games, but I've come very close. I monitor the money in to the game and weigh it against my potential earnings, which adds a huge level of depth to the games with triple deck scoring. Smaller goals always present themselves naturally throughout gameplay. On a magic screen game with the OK feature, if that lights and beats my current odds or if I cannot out together a winner on my normal card, I'll attempt to beat the OK game.

I would suggest that for your next game, find one with advancing odds, and a backglass animation feature. My favorite is the Magic Squares, but they're all good fun.

All that said, not every game is for everybody. I certainly understand that. With the massive amount of game made by Bally and United, you've got plenty of choices though!

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I am not a bingo pinball owner, but I must say, I'm intrigued. It's why I'm following this thread.

Hopefully that changes in the coming months!

#98 8 years ago

sfbay.craigslist.org link

United Singapore backglass. Flaking in the top half in the blue, otherwise looks pretty great! If I had to pick one color to touch up on the glass, it would be that blue.

#99 8 years ago

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

7 Sirmo New Orleans and 3 Banco Old Brussels solid state games in PA. $309 each or $2500 for all.

#100 8 years ago

york.craigslist.org link

Converted Barrel O' Fun (?) or other Ohio Dime Game. Don't have great Internet access at the moment, or I'd confirm. One of the Ohio Dime Games converted to light the entire game off of a single coin. Has a real backglass produced by a group of operators in the PA area in the 1960s. I've worked on several single coin conversions and most of the time, the changes are easily reversible.

In York, PA $200.

There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.