• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg
There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
#702 5 years ago

tulsa.craigslist.org link

Bally Twin Joker (resized).pngBally Twin Joker (resized).png

Playfield (resized).pngPlayfield (resized).png

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Interesting glass Ryan. It has the mysterious "BGS" that also appeared on a Bounty repro. glass. As far as I know, no one has been able to identify the maker of that glass. Please consider posting photos of your glass to the Ballerina listing on the IPDB. Thanks!

Hey Dennis! Your posting inspired me to dig out a Bounty glass (it's actually plexiglass) that I picked up years ago. It's not a BGS glass, but I'm confident that it's not a Bally glass either, even though it carries the Bally trademark logo at the top. That's kind of strange, as all of the other reproduction glasses that I own do not have the trademark. Maybe this was manufactured in Canada; I think that I got from Bernie in New Brunswick.

IMG_6325 (resized).JPGIMG_6325 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#704 5 years ago

I just got my first bingo. So naturally, I started looking for more.

A very clean looking Touchdown...
ebay.com link: Bally Touchdown Bingo style Pinball Machine 5 Balls 5 Cents

000-pinskys40 (resized).jpg000-pinskys40 (resized).jpg

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from JonRobinette:

Hey Dennis! Your posting inspired me to dig out a Bounty glass (it's actually plexiglass) that I picked up years ago. It's not a BGS glass, but I'm confident that it's not a Bally glass either, even though it carries the Bally trademark logo at the top. That's kind of strange, as all of the other reproduction glasses that I own do not have the trademark. Maybe this was manufactured in Canada; I think that I got from Bernie in New Brunswick.

Hi Jon. Definitely aftermarket. Good enough for the street. I have seen a few repo. glasses with the Bally logo, but not many.

#706 5 years ago

Here's a NOS Bounty repro with the logo. I bought it 6 years before I found a Bounty to put it in, so I had it framed. Now I still need to do something about a cab as the one I found was a total wreck and basically fell apart. I have a near perfect empty Bonanza cabinet but the front configuration is incorrect, so I need to find a replacement or have one made. Maybe some day I'll even get around to it.

P1010001 (resized).JPGP1010001 (resized).JPG

#707 5 years ago

Free Night Club cabinet in Seattle, empty:

seattle.craigslist.org link

#709 5 years ago

Vic, that Palm Springs needs wood legs
Terry K

1 week later
3 weeks later
#712 5 years ago

Wow, that plainjane guy has some nice machines!!!
Great rebuilds. For bingo people, the bidding could go high!
TK

#714 5 years ago

Played this cool mechanical sounding nickel two card bingo in Royal Arcade on Seaside Hts N.J.(FUNTOWN PIER)boardwalk back in the late 1960's. The arcade owner would pay you out in Cigarettes instead of cash and i rememeber winning a carton for a 100 replays.

I also was lucky enough to find a DUDE RANCH in the basement of a dollar store about a mile from my home a few years ago in very bad mechanical condition for $75.I restored it and played it for a while before sending it to its new home because i had to make room for a Bally Bikini.

This game had a feature that no other early 1950's bingo had. It gave the player a chance to win in line on both cards instead of the standard one card only pay off. The select a number feature by way of the metal control knob on the front of the machine made this game a fun player and gave a player many more chances at winning replays.Bally added a super card into the mix which is also a nice feature to shoot for when your two larger cards are not helping you out.Its super line payout feature was icing on the cake if a player could score when it was lit.

Over all just a beautiful looking/playing western theme bingo (which Bally really didn't make that many cowboy themed bingos).If you get a chance to pick one up don't pass it by. Another game i wish i kept for sentimental reasons.
oldPINpic's1990'spart1 057 (resized).jpgoldPINpic's1990'spart1 057 (resized).jpg

oldPINpic's1990'spart1 058 (resized).jpgoldPINpic's1990'spart1 058 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#715 5 years ago

I visited the Spark Museum in Bellingham, WA (90 miles north of Seattle) and saw a Broadway they had advertised on Craigslist months earlier. They don't know much about it, and didn't realize it was a gambling game. The man who showed the game said they wanted it gone and suggested it must be worth something, maybe $200, so I'm thinking they would accept $100 or $50. It seemed pretty clean and worth posting, something that could be a fun project for someone who wants a magic squares game.

As for the game, here are a few things I noticed:

Cosmetically very presentable, with a very nice backglass.
Backglass has an area of paint loss at bottom right and a few spots along the top. Otherwise, excellent.
They don't know the working condition of the game, but it sounded like it has been stored for years.
No keys but the rear door is open and the backglass side rails are off. The front door looks like it is open but I didn't test it.
I didn't see the backglass side rails. The guy showing the game was not the owner. Maybe the owner has the rails - I didn't ask.
Front door has a chip out the top right corner.
Playfield has mild dirt rings but no paint loss. Original S/I cards are present. The playfied glass is cracked.
I didn't see loose wires or obviously missing parts in the head.
There is some odd plastic-coated wiring on the right side of the cabinet head in the photos. I'm not sure what that is, maybe someone else has an idea.

If someone is interested, here is a link to the museum:
http://www.sparkmuseum.org

DSC00689 (resized).jpgDSC00689 (resized).jpgDSC00690 (resized).jpgDSC00690 (resized).jpgDSC00691 (resized).jpgDSC00691 (resized).jpgDSC00692 (resized).jpgDSC00692 (resized).jpgDSC00693 (resized).jpgDSC00693 (resized).jpgDSC00694 (resized).jpgDSC00694 (resized).jpgDSC00695 (resized).jpgDSC00695 (resized).jpgDSC00696 (resized).jpgDSC00696 (resized).jpgDSC00697 (resized).jpgDSC00697 (resized).jpgDSC00699 (resized).jpgDSC00699 (resized).jpgDSC00700 (resized).jpgDSC00700 (resized).jpgDSC00701 (resized).jpgDSC00701 (resized).jpgDSC00702 (resized).jpgDSC00702 (resized).jpgDSC00703 (resized).jpgDSC00703 (resized).jpgDSC00704 (resized).jpgDSC00704 (resized).jpgDSC00705 (resized).jpgDSC00705 (resized).jpg
#716 5 years ago

There are lots of really hard to find, reasonably priced parts on ebay right now.

Coin entry bezels, restrictor plates, a full magic squares unit(!), replay registers 3 and 4 digits, and multiple select-a-spot selector dials. Also, a shooter housing for a United game (pretty hard to find), and a United lifter cover.

All parts in reasonable(ish) shape. Even a NOS Gay Time door!

2 weeks later
#717 5 years ago

If you like the early games, here is a pretty Bally Beauty near Portland, Oregon:

portland.craigslist.org link

Sounds like they will take anything for it.

#718 5 years ago

Nice six card Bally "Barrel O Fun 62" Bingo
Back glass looks original but could have the title name taped or paint over?

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#719 5 years ago

Game: Sea Island
Manufacturer: Bally
Year Released: 1965
Price: $650
Link: boston.craigslist.org link

OP: 1950's Original Sea Island Pinball Game. Collector's Item. Working condition with magic screen.
SeaIsland (resized).jpgSeaIsland (resized).jpgSeaIsland2 (resized).jpgSeaIsland2 (resized).jpg

#720 5 years ago

Nice Circus Queen backglass, $150 north of Boston on the NH line.
boston.craigslist.org link

Circus Queen (resized).jpgCircus Queen (resized).jpg
#721 5 years ago

What does he want for the sea island

#722 5 years ago

The ad shows $650 - cab repaint, but backglass looks fantastic (unusual for this game). Set to a dime/play. Lockbar is rough, but all there. Scrape/pry marks by the lock.

1 week later
#723 5 years ago

Beach Time in Seattle area for $350. Lights up but does not work properly. Has body armor but looks pretty clean from what I can see. Backglass shows two small areas of paint loss. This was Bally's second-to-last Magic Squares game. They revisited the format one final time with Bonanza in 1976. The game has an interesting "stop and shop" feature where the player can drop additional coins in mid-game in a sucker's bet to boost odds. Pretty nice feature set, with the 4 Magic Squares and 2 Magic Lines.

1 week later
#724 5 years ago

This Lido just south of Seattle looks like it has been fully restored. The backglass appears to be a reproduction - too bad. One of the best buys I've seen at $500 (negotiable).

#725 5 years ago

louisville.craigslist.org link

Not mine. Golden Gate. $125 (!!!!)

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmedl:

louisville.craigslist.org link
Not mine. Golden Gate. $125 (!!!!)

Randy reports that it sold yesterday for $100.

#728 5 years ago

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

These are my machines. Eight for $2500. See ad for details.

Detailed photos of all machines are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nzqrv0ap37bhnm8/AADrz0QeMpoEhIGUjBqopK4Ia?dl=0

1 week later
#729 5 years ago

Top of the line bingo at top of the line price....ebay.com link: Bally Lido Bingo type Pinball Machine 5 balls 5 Cents Shipping is Available

ebay.com link: BALLY PINBALL BEACH BEAUTY BINGO

20 hole playfield layout......ebay.com link: BALLYs LONDOM BINGO PINBALL MACHINE BINGO

1961 six card bingo that might have been an original Lotta Fun or Barrel of Fun at one time. Back glass title gone over and cabinet paint not original....ebay.com link: Vintage wooden Rail Bingo pinball machine

Here's an original 1961 Lotta Fun with bootleg Single Coin backglass....ebay.com link: SINGLE COIN BINGO PINBALL MACHINE Rare Vintage Antique Woodrail Game in CT

#730 5 years ago

The Lido is the same one that was for sale on Craigslist for $500 12 days ago. Somebody saw a nice flip opportunity.

3 weeks later
#731 5 years ago

I'm interested in buying a Bingo Pinball (I'm an EM guy).
Any suggestions on what to look for and where I can get one?
I posted a Wanted ad in the classifieds: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bingo-pinball-wanted

#732 5 years ago
Quoted from pleasespammelate:

I posted a Wanted ad in the classifieds: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bingo-pinball-wanted

I'm with you in my preference for wood rails, wood legs and mechanical elements in the head. If you stick with the wood legs requirement you'll be ruling out the Magic Screen games, as Bally switched to metal with the introduction of the first screen game. I find that the Magic Squares games where the squares cover all 4 corners are a lot of fun if they also have 4-corner scoring (most do) because you have a fighting chance of hitting the corners. The games in this category are Broadway, Night Club, Big Show and Key West. All are among the commonly seen bingos here in the northwest. That's just my take, and there are probably as many opinions as people on this forum.

What to avoid? I always look first to the cosmetic condition of a game, as long as it is complete. It is easier to fix a game's operational problems than its cosmetic condition. Body armor - after-market anti-fraud metal panels nailed to the front, sides, or top rails of the game - is a red flag for me and requires closer scrutiny of the rest of the game. I'd buy Bally and avoid all United games. One thing I like to see in an ad is "it worked fine when I last played it X years ago, but now it just lights up." A game like that will give you some nice learning opportunities.

If you haven't used searchtempest.com, check it out. It allows you to search all Craigslist boards within X miles of your zip code. Searching for "pinball" will usually pull in all bingo games. Welcome to the bingo world and good luck finding one of these mechanical marvels! I'm a bingo novice, and I can tell you from personal experience that you have some heavy-hitter experts on this forum ready to help with any questions you have. I'd also recommend picking up the Richard Gerlitz bingo repair DVD that he sells on eBay.

#733 5 years ago

Something like Big Time is a great first bingo - 5 Magic Lines and extremely common everywhere, even on the East Coast.

Magic Squares games can be a bit hard to find out here, but they are out there. It'll require some patience to find them in our neck of the woods, though.

Games with metal cladding are definitely a red flag. Most of the time they have been hacked on the inside to prevent people from winning too much. Finding and fixing those hacks gives me great satisfaction, but I'd recommend against it for your first game.

I like both major brands - Bally and United. United tends to have more robust cabinetry, some mechanics are more robust, and are more player-friendly (you win more frequently than a comparable game from Bally). The biggest knock against them is the lack of spare parts. Bally parts are everywhere (barring a few exceptions). United also has a particular problem with their search discs - if the clutches harden or dry out, the shaft driving the search disc can snap, turning a game into a parts game in seconds.

I'll keep my eyes open in our neck of the woods and let you know if I see something good. I know of a guy somewhere between the two of us with several 20 hole games for sale, all pure EM (some of the 20 holes are hybrid solid state), but they are metal legs, and I think there are only one or two with a backglass.

#734 5 years ago

Or you can do this
Terry K

This one (resized).JPGThis one (resized).JPG
#735 5 years ago

This one just got listed today. It has a coin hopper payout. Looks like the lower cabinet isn't an original factory one and could be a One Ball Horse Race game from the late 1940's lower cabinet like Turf King. The front of the lower cabinet has some kind of security shield to prevent thieves form even trying to break in.
Check it out!
ebay.com link: BALLY BALLERINA BINGO PINBALL GAME WITH COIN PAYOUT

#736 5 years ago

Wow, I had no idea about the armor plating or that there's a geography issue. I also didn't realize that Magic Squares and wood rails were mutually exclusive (at least from the factory anyway). Thanks for sharing your knowledge guys!

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from Terry1:

Or you can do this
Terry K
[quoted image]

Very creative! But isn't that cheating?

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from Terry1:

Or you can do this
Terry K
[quoted image]

Very sweet work, Terry. Looks gorgeous.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from pleasespammelate:

#741 5 years ago

Thanks "BlackCatBone".
I wanted a Magic Screen game , BUT, I always loved the
"wood" look.
The wood side rails are just lightly pressed on. They could be
easily be removed and the metal side rails put back on, if
wanted, but, I don't "wanted"
The wood legs really give a lot more play action on the play field!
The stability is great.
Terry K

1 week later
#742 5 years ago

Early 1950's woodrail Bally Palm Springs Bingo in NY...needs backglass. $2O ?
ebay.com link: Vintage Pinball Machine 1953 Bally Palm Spring

Here's a 20 hole bingo
ebay.com link: Bally London Pinball Machine

#743 5 years ago

This is an early ("A" serial number) Turf King with the neat Feature Build-Up reel below the Feature flag on the backglass. (The Build-Up reel was dropped in later "AB" games.) It allows a maximum payout of 900 nickels when the reel is at its 45 maximum. Nice backglass without fading, cosmetics appear good with exception of gold paint on backglass frame and playfield side rails. Could be a nice opportunity at the current bid of $22.50.

ebay.com link: itm

#744 5 years ago

Golden Gate (bingo), 1962 Bally: $450
2 Golden Gate machines for 1 price. These are both in my garage ready for an easy pickup by the new owner. Game #1 recent purchase to go with my original GG machine, it is approx. 90% working. Purchased this one for a friend I thought would want to tinker with it, they turned out to no longer be interested. I would have to let these site for 1.5 years (won't have time to work on them until I retire LOL). Comes with a lot of paperwork, repair CD, booklets related to the machine's workings to help repair/restore. Backglass has some scratches and a crack lower left corner. Playfield is good condition, some wear. Game #2 powers on but does not play - some bulbs light up on backglass. Playfield has been taken apart, all parts should be available in container. Both the backglass and playfield on this machine are great condition - better than game #1 condition. Between the 2 machines can get a fantastic cosmetic and working bingo. $450 is a below market price for someone wanting these machines - I am motivated to sell them so will listen to legitimate offers. Pics available. Text, call, email.
Gary Graves
Louisville, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Nashville

Posted: 24 October 2018

1 month later
#745 5 years ago

Pretty clean Gayety in Illinois currently bid at $275:

ebay.com link: itm

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Pretty clean Gayety in Illinois currently bid at $275:
ebay.com link

This early 1950's wood rail is a nice looking game and is very player friendly. The Magic pocket feature and Moving lines was just way ahead of its time back then. The novice bingo player will be able to understand how to play this awesome bingo and score in line wins for many replays in no time.

#747 5 years ago

1959 Bally Sea Island at estate sale in Salem, Oregon. Looks like sale started today.

https://www.estatesales.net/OR/Salem/97317/2069946

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

1959 Bally Sea Island at estate sale in Salem, Oregon. Looks like sale started today.
https://www.estatesales.net/OR/Salem/97317/2069946

Less than a mile or so from my house, perhaps I will go take a look.......

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Less than a mile or so from my house, perhaps I will go take a look.......

If it was a mile from my house I would go.
Good luck!

#750 5 years ago

A very nice looking and seldom seen Bally Trophy 1-ball horserace pinball in Spokane, WA. Backglass appears excellent. This is a coin payout game. Asking $699.

spokane.craigslist.org link

There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/15?hl=randyg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.