• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg
There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.
#651 6 years ago

Yes, I think the cab is the correct cab, but colors and stencil have been altered for some reason.

Here is what an original stencil looks like:
https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/united/stardust/resources/cab-stardust-3.jpg

Things like the plates surrounding the buttons I believe should not be red.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Yes, I think the cab is the correct cab, but colors and stencil have been altered for some reason.
Here is what an original stencil looks like:
https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/united/stardust/resources/cab-stardust-3.jpg
Things like the plates surrounding the buttons I believe should not be red.

Wasn't there often more than one paint pattern and color for these machines?

#653 6 years ago

Not to my knowledge. Sometimes a game will be placed in a different cab to disguise it or because the original has deteriorated, but not from the factory (except for silver sails/Golden gate where the factory was throwing games out the door as fast as possible before the legal shutdown).

In this case, I think someone just repainted it.

#654 6 years ago

when in doubt, look at the flyer to see what the game artwork looked like. The manufacturer wouldn't have painted the coin denomination on the game.

the artwork is in the style of united games from that timeframe, but it's not the original artwork for any united machine

#655 6 years ago

Vic, cabinet and head definitely not original. it has been repainted

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

seattle.craigslist.org link
$50

Sigh, wish I was closer......

#658 6 years ago

Playfield and cabinet look to be in excellent shape for a 1951 Bally bingo. I was always attracted to this bingo and have seen a few for sale but never ended up with one.

This is the 3rd bingo manufactured by Bally. I have the 2nd Bingo called Coney Island in my collection at the present time and owned the first called Bright Lights. If this one was close to me i for sure would scoop it up.

#659 6 years ago

Definitely not going to Washington thank God we have one cuz my dad would be packing

#660 6 years ago

Spot-Lite was the first game with corners scoring and pic-a-play. Most of the mechanics are in the body! Pretty unusual game, and doesn't come up very often.

#661 6 years ago

I would go get the game, but my bingo buying has been brought to a halt til my move to St. Louis happens!!

#662 6 years ago

Out in New Mexico, original Carnival Queen, Big Time, Key West, Sun Valley, Lido and Sea Island - $90 OBO

Also, playfields for Carnival Queen, Sun Valley, Key West, Sea Island and Lido are available. - $120 OBO

albuquerque.craigslist.org link

Nice prices on the BG especially!

#663 6 years ago

United Tahiti at someone's antique store in near St. Joseph.

stlouis.craigslist.org link

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmedl:

United Tahiti at someone's antique store in near St. Louis.

St. Joseph is about 4 1/2 hours from St. Louis. North of Kansas City.

#665 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmedl:

United Tahiti at someone's antique store in near St. Joseph.

Sweet cab! Love those fish on the front.

#666 6 years ago

charleston.craigslist.org link

Miss America Deluxe for $1000 in Hanahan, SC

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

charleston.craigslist.org link
Miss America Deluxe for $1000 in Hanahan, SC

Pics are of a Supreme, not a Deluxe. Deluxe has additional diagonal lines. And sexier, Dave Christensen artwork.

#668 6 years ago

A "Laguna Beach" in Laguna Beach, CA

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Is this a good player machine..ie...fun to play?
Any quick reviews.
Closet one to me yet, in my backyard. Might try and move on this one. Already emailed and texted, waiting on response. Calling dibs.

#670 6 years ago

Good player. OK very desirable. Go for it.

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

She's a little rough around the edges. Backglass has that bad touch up.
What is general opinion on price?

#673 6 years ago

Fully working and in CA, you're looking at some bucks. If the asking is somewhere between $600-2000 you're probably around where I'd expect it to be for your area.

Backglass has fade, cab has been modified with anti-drill plates. The prices above take that into account.

#674 6 years ago

Fully working and in CA, you're looking at some bucks. If the asking is somewhere between $600-2000 you're probably around where I'd expect it to be for your area.
Backglass has fade, cab has been modified with anti-drill plates. The prices above take that into account.

Going to look at it today. They said 1500, but this thing is pretty beat up on all sides. Theres no way i would spend that. Thinking the 600 tops. Im also willing to bet its not fully working.

#675 6 years ago

Laguna Beach is a nice game, Bally's second title with the orange OK section. This particular sample looks like it's had a hard life. The backglass is very faded out, with the reds mostly gone. Here's a good photo for comparison:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1408&picno=40100

The highest realized price I've seen (it was on eBay) was a Lido in nice condition that sold at $1,600, so $1,500 for this Laguna Beach is a seller's fever dream, imo.

#676 6 years ago

Right............way too high !
Front door is a mess........I would pass.

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Laguna Beach is a nice game, Bally's second title with the orange OK section. This particular sample looks like it's had a hard life. The backglass is very faded out, with the reds mostly gone. Here's a good photo for comparison:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1408&picno=40100
The highest realized price I've seen (it was on eBay) was a Lido in nice condition that sold at $1,600, so $1,500 for this Laguna Beach is a seller's fever dream, imo.

These folks were a joke. Saw machine yesterday. Non working project. Fiddled with it, got a credit via wire on coin door. Got it to eject balls and lights on main board light. But that was it. Screen cards would not move, buttons on lockbar didnt work. Backglass horribly faded and flaking. After an hour they were tired of me, asked if i wanted it. Said no way, to much of a project. If it looked nice, i may of. But to much work for me with the little knowledge i have of these machines.

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

After an hour they were tired of me, asked if i wanted it.

How much did they offer it to you for?

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

How much did they offer it to you for?

I probably could have had it for $300. I reufused to make an offer.

#680 6 years ago

From Mr. P this morning:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Malibu Beach (bingo), 1980 Bally: $800
Good working condition. Price firm.
Benjamin Phone: (570) 332-5177
[email protected], Benton, Pennsylvania 17814
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#681 6 years ago

This is the same Spot-Lite that was listed earlier in this thread. The owner just wants someone to remove it from his property and will give it for free if you can load it. No steps - the game is on ground level.

#682 6 years ago

Where do you folks get new balls for your bingos? I have a few machines that have gotten magnetized and the new ones I got from ebay got magnetized very quickly as well.

Thanks!

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

Where do you folks get new balls for your bingos? I have a few machines that have gotten magnetized and the new ones I got from ebay got magnetized very quickly as well.
Thanks!

Got calipers? What size are they? What machine and year?

#684 6 years ago

Double Up, Silver Sails and Surf Club are the bad ones. The others don't seem to be effected.

#685 6 years ago

Pinball resource.

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

This is the same Spot-Lite that was listed earlier in this thread. The owner just wants someone to remove it from his property and will give it for free if you can load it. No steps - the game is on ground level.

This sounds like a good chance for someone who has been thinking of getting a bingo...price is right for sure and looks decent too.

#687 6 years ago

On my Double-Up, if the shutter was installed incorrectly (one clip installed above the shutter board), it would push down the shutter for one hole - did not impact performance from a player's perspective, but if the ball landed in that hole (in my case #1), it would sit slightly lower, and the ball would magnetize.

Check your shutter boards carefully and make sure they are fully clipped in. I kind of doubt this is your issue, but you never know.

The games originally came with non-magnetic balls - they are more expensive than regular balls, but this should prevent the issues. As MrBally says, the Pinball Resource has what you need.

#688 6 years ago

Here's a modified backglass bingo perhaps from a old gambling establishment. Auction Item 574

http://dallasonlineauctionbloc.hibid.com/catalog/119733/a-little-piece-of-cotton---estae-of-donald--cotton--thomas-/?cpage=6&ipp=100

#689 6 years ago

This could be a nice one - a Magic Squares Broadway with just a single not-so-good photo, but the backglass, front rail buttons and wood rails suggest this could be worth checking out. Coy-boy seller doesn't want to reveal price until you make an appointment to see the game, but allows that he doesn't know if the game works, so he might not be out of his mind, price-wise. North of Seattle.

bellingham.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#690 6 years ago

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Elgin/60123/1821732?highlight=pinball

1 Miss America Deluxe and 3 Sirmo Miss Americana Triple Bonus. I have some photos - one piece of head trim on one of the MATB is broken, though they retained the small piece of decorative trim.
All three are in iron cradles.

#691 6 years ago

https://www.estatesales.net/IL/Elgin/60123/1821732?highlight=pinball
1 Miss America Deluxe and 3 Sirmo Miss Americana Triple Bonus. I have some photos - one piece of head trim on one of the MATB is broken, though they retained the small piece of decorative trim.
All three are in iron cradles.

I have pics also after inquiring about them yesterday. Was also going to post the sale link, but it took me a while to find this thread-but glad the info was shared! Hope someone is able to save these.......

1 week later
#693 6 years ago

Back glass for sale...........
newjersey.craigslist.org link

#694 6 years ago

Those bingos that were for sale in Elgin didn't go for very much.....

1 week later
#696 6 years ago

A couple o' bingers in this ad:

westernmass.craigslist.org link

Bingo Pixie United 1950's Antique Pinball. Backglass in very good condition. Playfield in good condition. Not working, comes with parts. Buy "as is" for $300.00 o.b.o.

Bally Bingo Miami Beach, 1955 Antique pinball. Not working. For sale "as is." Back glass and play field in good condition. Buy "as is" for $300.00 o.b.o.

#697 6 years ago

Hi Bingo Folks,

Thanks to a semi-recent bingo hand-off, I've got a pretty rare backglass on my hands. It's an immaculately screen-printed, oddly altered, Bally "Ballerina" backglass. Here's what the original is supposed to look like:

image-22 (resized).jpgimage-22 (resized).jpg

...and here's what mine looks like:

17077881_1385736101471725_333875296_n (resized).jpg17077881_1385736101471725_333875296_n (resized).jpg

...and some close-ups:

IMG_20170621_133705 (resized).jpgIMG_20170621_133705 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170621_133723 (resized).jpgIMG_20170621_133723 (resized).jpg

...with a nicely registered mask (albeit slightly bulb worn):

IMG_20170621_133801 (resized).jpgIMG_20170621_133801 (resized).jpg

I preferred the original glass illustration to this odd reproduction, so I now have a Coos film of the original glass (which looks quite nice, btw).

All this to say, I'd like this interesting piece of history to go to someone who appreciates it, so I'd like to give this away to someone in the bingo community. I'm also NOT interested in shipping it. However, I'll be at the Pinball at the Zoo show in Kalamazoo, MI this coming Saturday (April 21, 2018). SO! If anyone can make their way to the Zoo show or find a buddy who is going, I'd be happy to meet and hand this off to you.

Hope this finds you all well,
Ryan Claytor

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hi Bingo Folks,
Thanks to a semi-recent bingo hand-off, I've got a pretty rare backglass on my hands. It's an immaculately screen-printed, oddly altered, Bally "Ballerina" backglass. Here's what the original is supposed to look like:

...and here's what mine looks like:

...and some close-ups:

...with a nicely registered mask (albeit slightly bulb worn):

I preferred the original glass illustration to this odd reproduction, so I now have a Coos film of the original glass (which looks quite nice, btw).
All this to say, I'd like this interesting piece of history to go to someone who appreciates it, so I'd like to give this away to someone in the bingo community. I'm also NOT interested in shipping it. However, I'll be at the Pinball at the Zoo show in Kalamazoo, MI this coming Saturday (April 21, 2018). SO! If anyone can make their way to the Zoo show or find a buddy who is going, I'd be happy to meet and hand this off to you.
Hope this finds you all well,
Ryan Claytor

Interesting glass Ryan. It has the mysterious "BGS" that also appeared on a Bounty repro. glass. As far as I know, no one has been able to identify the maker of that glass. Please consider posting photos of your glass to the Ballerina listing on the IPDB. Thanks!

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Please consider posting photos of your glass to the Ballerina listing on the IPDB.

A fine suggestion. I just e-mailed Jay, as the IPDB uploader is down (I'm guessing because of the ongoing maintenance.)

#700 5 years ago

Here's a nice clean six card Bally bingo with Magic Numbers and a 10 coin limit. Just $250
ebay.com link: Bally Bingo Nashville Pinball Machine

20 hole Bally bingo
ebay.com link: BALLYs LONDOM BINGO PINBALL MACHINE BINGO

1954 Bally bingo with Moving lines feature
ebay.com link: 1956 BALLY BIG TIME BINGO This machine operates flawlessly

There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/14?hl=okorange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.