• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg
There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#552 6 years ago

Wish I had been close enough to grab that one. It looked real nice, assuming the few missing parts could be obtained. Someone else must have felt the same because it appears to be sold now.

#553 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Miss America Supreme / Bingo 1 Player
Features: IPDB: Two Cards, Red-letter game
Month/Year: October 1976
Production: Unknown
Cost: $100
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link

Condition: "found in our attic. must sell"

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Miss America Supreme / Bingo 1 Player
Features: IPDB: Two Cards, Red-letter game
Month/Year: October 1976
Cost: $100
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link
Condition: "found in our attic. must sell"

Somebody grab it. Great playing Bingo. I already have one.

#555 6 years ago

Not my favorite, but a cheap Bonanza in North Carolina. ebay.com link: Bally Bonanza Bingo Pinball Machine

#556 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Somebody grab it. Great playing Bingo. I already have one.

I have my doubts about this one. Maybe a year ago there were similar ads with a Variety and Gay Time for $100 with the same "found in an attic" line and an address (who lists an address on C-List anyway?). The ad was repeated every so often with a different address and never in a good part of Chicago. I replied to the Variety and Gay Time ad and got a quick "meet me at 47th and Ashland" reply. Sorry, two games for $100 still won't get me meeting a stranger at 47th and Ashland, if you know Chicago you'll agree with me. I don't know if this ad is the same thing but seems very similar.

Either that or I just lost out on a $100 bingo...

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from northside-irish:

Sorry, two games for $100 still won't get me meeting a stranger at 47th and Ashland, if you know Chicago you'll agree with me.

Im an long-time Chicagoan and I'm with you - the ad sounds dodgy as hell, especially with the repeats at different addresses. On the other hand, if you want to lure someone with cash in their pocket to a location where you can rob them, why list the intersection in the Craigslist ad text instead of just supplying the address later to someone who bites on the ad? And why make the price $100 instead of some higher number? Just thinking out loud here.

And who the hell has the muscle to get a bingo up to their attic anyway?

#558 6 years ago

I have my doubts about this one. Maybe a year ago there were similar ads with a Variety and Gay Time for $100 with the same "found in an attic" line and an address (who lists an address on C-List anyway?). The ad was repeated every so often with a different address and never in a good part of Chicago. I replied to the Variety and Gay Time ad and got a quick "meet me at 47th and Ashland" reply. Sorry, two games for $100 still won't get me meeting a stranger at 47th and Ashland, if you know Chicago you'll agree with me. I don't know if this ad is the same thing but seems very similar.

Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Im an long-time Chicagoan and I'm with you - the ad sounds dodgy as hell, especially with the repeats at different addresses. On the other hand, if you want to lure someone with cash in their pocket to a location where you can rob them, why list the intersection in the Craigslist ad text instead of just supplying the address later to someone who bites on the ad? And why make the price $100 instead of some higher number? Just thinking out loud here.

I hear you both. Found a front fascia for a car that I needed on CL. Was told to go to an Auto Zone parking lot on Ashland & 53rd and wait. Very nice area. My son & I both had heaters. We were the only minorities there. Then we were told to drive down an alley from there for two blocks. Sure as as goes, there was a dude waving at us to point out his driveway.

All went well. It's a good memory as we weren't robbed. The parts he had were up to $1400.00 so he knew we had a few Benjamins on us.

#559 6 years ago

Yes, please do be careful out there! I would feel terrible if one of you got hurt or robbed.

There are warning signs that tell you to 'proceed with caution.' I just posted this on the Project Pin thread:

Quoted from Pecos:

Anatomy of a questionable, SCAM, ad:
"project pinball machines available now. Some are in good shape and working condition others need full restoration
available up to 30 pins and i have plans to reimport again from europe. If you are you interested in restoring machines?
SEGA
STERN
BALL
WILLIAM
GOTLIEB
DATA EAST
etc
Note that maybe display locally but the pins are in MN. I will be traveling to NY on sunday, maybe someone is interested in some of the pins"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"project pinball machines available now."
It's all too common these days - improper capitalization. It's not a red flag by itself but one more nail in the 'scam' coffin.
"Some are in good shape and working condition others need full restoration
available up to 30 pins and i have plans to reimport again from europe."
This sounds too good to be true. 'Too good to be true' usually is! This technique is used to suck in the unwary and wishful-thinking looking for a bargain. Also, that is one nasty run-on sentence!
"If you are you interested in restoring machines?"
Huh? The OP is lacking in the skills of the English, methinks! This is a red flag for foreign scams!
"SEGA
STERN
BALL
WILLIAM
GOTLIEB
DATA EAST
etc"
Capital letters and name dropping are used to impress. The OP misspelled Bally, Williams AND Gottlieb!!! He really knows his pinball manufacturers, doesn't he?!
"Note that maybe display locally but the pins are in MN. I will be traveling to NY on sunday, maybe someone is interested in some of the pins"
Out of area!! OP will probably ask you to send money. Never send money! Out of area is a red flag for a scam!!
Again, the OP uses poor English. The above mess is three complete sentences, not two. Also, there is continued improper use of capitalization.
Avoid these type of Craigslist ads!

I like to talk with the seller, either having him/her call me or asking for a phone number so I can call. I can usually tell if the seller is legit over the phone. He will want to tell me more about the item for sale and help to make the sale. And he should be friendly. If he doesn't want to converse, the situation is adverse and I put my gears into reverse!

Ha ha! That's funny. I wondered how he got it down from the attic without killing anybody!

#560 6 years ago

Game/Type: Orient / Bingo 1 Player
Features: IPDB: Trap holes (20), Mystic Lines, Special Game Feature
Month/Year: February 1967
Cost: $200
Contact/Link: charlotte.craigslist.org link
Condition: "95 percent working all glass in good shape grapics look good as you will see in pics also have a Dixieland pinball mach for sale 200.00"

Added over 6 years ago: **Ad not found**

#561 6 years ago

Pretty nice Yacht Club, stated to be working. Great backglass. $700. One of the prettiest early games, IMO.

ebay.com link: BALLY BINGO YACHT CLUB E M PINBALL MACHINE NICE

#562 6 years ago

I love Yacht Club - it feels like a proto-Magic Screen to me - but boy, scoring on diagonals is really difficult for my weak mind.

#563 6 years ago

In the mood for a Bikini project? Here's one in Maine. You get four additional early EM non-bingo games for $800 or best offer. The backglass is toast and implies years of improper storage, but the little bit of playfield that is shown looks good. I bet you could get the seller to part with the Bikini individually for not much $$$.

ebay.com link: LOT of 5 Antique Pinball machines Chicago coin Kilroy United Bingo BEST OFFER

#564 6 years ago

Pretty nice Yacht Club, stated to be working. Great backglass. $700. One of the prettiest early games, IMO.
ebay.com link » Bally Bingo Yacht Club E M Pinball Machine Nice

I was just going to link this. I had a chance to buy a cosmetically very nice "Yacht Club" at the York show several years ago for $10!!!!
I think it just needed a motor somewhere (maybe ball lift motor). Someone else grabbed it, and I helped him load it into his vehicle. He since got it working and had it for sale (for WAY more), but I'm not sure if he sold it or not.

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I was just going to link this. I had a chance to buy a cosmetically very nice "Yacht Club" at the York show several years ago for $10!!!!
I think it just needed a motor somewhere (maybe ball lift motor). Someone else grabbed it, and I helped him load it into his vehicle. He since got it working and had it for sale (for WAY more), but I'm not sure if he sold it or not.

I remember that one Joe
I believe Y.C. was Jeffrey's first bingo ... still has it.
See you in a few weeks ... watcha bringing?

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Muggle:

I remember that one Joe
I believe Y.C. was Jeffrey's first bingo ... still has it.
See you in a few weeks ... watcha bringing?

It wasn't Jeffrey who bought it. I know his name, but don't want to make it public without his permission.

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It wasn't Jeffrey who bought it. I know his name, but don't want to make it public without his permission.

Oh I know Jeffrey didn't buy it ... he was trying to get me to buy it that morning telling me it was the first bingo he ever owned, that he still has and loves it. Told him I'd pass - being a magic screen kinda guy.

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Muggle:

Oh I know Jeffrey didn't buy it ... he was trying to get me to buy it that morning telling me it was the first bingo he ever owned, that he still has and loves it. Told him I'd pass - being a magic screen kinda guy.

I was very tempted, but I'm not really a bingo guy, but do appreciate them. It went to a very good home, and was repaired and offered for sale again. I don't know if it was resold.

#569 6 years ago

alan at Chambers Music Company in Syracuse, UT contacted me and said he has around 40 machines he's wanting to move out.

6 Show Times, Beach Time, Cypress Gardens, Can Can, Touchdown, Roller Derby, Palm Springs, Bikini, Seas Island, Lite A Line, Golden Sails, Big Show, Big Time, Miss America, and more.

don't have pictures or other info. He may make an account and post some or give you guys a way to contact him here.

the phone number in his email is different from the one on his site, but the email address on this page is good:
http://www.chambers-music.com/events.htm

#571 6 years ago

Ice Frolics south of Seattle, stated to be working. $200. Looks pretty clean, with a fairly good backglass.

seattle.craigslist.org link

#572 6 years ago

This Broadway keeps getting closer to me. Maybe it's a sign. Appears to be the same Broadway that was recently sold in Portland. Now it is in Auburn, Washington. Exceptionally clean and offers the challenge of needing attention to get working. I wish I needed this game, but I don't. Would be a super addition for anyone wanting a corners game.

#573 6 years ago

Ice Frolics south of Seattle, stated to be working. $200. Looks pretty clean, with a fairly good backglass.

Those last three photos are obviously a different game.

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

jokerpoker, I bought the game as a wreck for $100 bucks and sold it for $3,500. Lido would go for more than a Malibu or Laguna.

Thanks for the input. Lot of coin but beautifully restored so probably not over the top with all the work involved. I've done a couple of restos the last being a Williams IJ. Came up nice but a lot of money and time spent. These must be way harder with all the steppers and the like. Still blown away at how nice some of these are.

#575 6 years ago

Almost done with the Lido I'll take some pics when finished

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Those last three photos are obviously a different game.

This is a good player too. Hold feature,4 corners, star rollovers, selectable super score, extra balls just loaded with ways to win on this 1954 bingo.

#577 6 years ago

Here's one listed on Mr Pinball and sounds like a good deal. Top of the line Magic Screen Game too.

Lido (bingo), 1961 Bally: $375.00
Very clean and working. Include schematic and manual. You arrange for shipping.
Ronald Tyler
Camarillo, California, Oxnard California

1 week later
#578 6 years ago

I foolishly passed on this parts bingo today @ the Redmond, Oregon old car swap meet. Pretty sure I could have had it for $20
No room to store it @ home!
bingo (Medium) (resized).JPGbingo (Medium) (resized).JPG

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I foolishly passed on this parts bingo today @ the Redmond, Oregon old car swap meet. Pretty sure I could have had it for $20

Can't rescue them all. Too many out there.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Another Sea Island? I would have paid $50 just for the parts I need for my Sea Island! And even though the backglass is cracked, it is in better shape than mine.

Buying Pinball and Bingo pins is like real estate. Location, Location, Location!!!

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Another Sea Island? I would have paid $50 just for the parts I need for my Sea Island! And even though the backglass is cracked, it is in better shape than mine.
Buying Pinball and Bingo pins is like real estate. Location, Location, Location!!!

It was pretty rough.

#582 6 years ago

I don't post in this thread so not sure if this has been listed here or not. Bally Hi-Fi, Cypress Gardens and Carnival Queen for $ 250 each. Don't know if these titles are dogs or rare.

lexington.craigslist.org link

#583 6 years ago

Nice looking package deal....

1 week later
#585 6 years ago

Big Show in Seattle. Lousy photos, but they suggest the game may be in pretty nice condition. $150. Lights up but requires repair.

3 weeks later
#586 6 years ago

Couple of Tahiti machines for $300.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#587 6 years ago

If someone wants to make back a portion of the Tahiti price, I am still in need of a populated Tahiti playfield.

#588 6 years ago

Lexington one-ball horserace game for $1. This is a payout game. $1 in the Seattle area, discounted from the original asking price of $100. Basically, the guy just wants it gone. Backglass and playfield look very nice. Neat opportunity for someone.

#589 6 years ago

That side art is fantastic. Well, except for the head - wonder how that rubbed off?

#590 6 years ago

Someone please pick up this $200.00 Bikini in the St. Louis, Mo area. It's only about two miles from my home but I do not need any other projects right now. There is also a Double-Up for sale.

stlouis.craigslist.org link

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

That side art is fantastic. Well, except for the head - wonder how that rubbed off?

I agree about the side art - the best graphic and colors Bally used on any horserace game I can think of. Looks like some type of solvent was applied to a funny section on the head.

#592 6 years ago

The Back glass looks real good on the Bikini.
I'd pay the price just for the back glass, if was as good as it looks.

#593 6 years ago

Dennis trying to reach the man was gonna pick it up when we come to you. Got ahold of the man we are gonna pick that up when we come to you next week

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from BingoButch:

Dennis trying to reach the man was gonna pick it up when we come to you. Got ahold of the man we are gonna pick that up when we come to you next week

Next week? I thought you said later next month. Not ready for you to pick up.

#595 6 years ago

OP: Huge lot of Bally Bingo machines for sale. Multiple titles, too many to list. More than what's pictured. Games sold as is. No woodrails, but more titles coming. Next load will contain many woodrails, and Uniteds. Multiple parts available also. Backglasses, cabinets, legs, etc. (Circus Queen and Pixies not for sale at this time)

In Clinton....Price on ad is $250 (each)

knoxville.craigslist.org link

00d0d_jq7LF10lY7p_600x450 (resized).jpg00d0d_jq7LF10lY7p_600x450 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#596 6 years ago

Bikini in Georgia at $495 opening bid. Awful photos that still suggest the game is very nice, with some fading to certain backglass colors. Or was it just that my eyes were just swimming after trying to decipher the photos for one minute?

ebay.com link: itm

#597 6 years ago

Paint looks great, almost to good

1 week later
#598 6 years ago

Game/Type: Show Time / Bingo 1 Player
Features: IPDB: Trap holes (25), Rollover buttons (2), Magic Squares, Magic Line E, Ballyhole
Month/Year: February 1957
Production: 450 (!)
Cost: $225 OBO
Contact/Link: phoenix.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Works great and wired for free play. Playfield in excellent condition with no wear! Rubber rings recently replaced. Schematic and manual included. Backglass in great condition for the age, colors look great but has some minor flaking around two corners. The cabinet has been repainted at some point. Lock and keys included for both front and back door."

#599 6 years ago

Here's a nice looking 1950's United Bingo Pinball machine and the price is right.

harrisburg.craigslist.org link

There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/12?hl=dashingdaryl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.