By bingopodcast

1 year ago

Stats

• 559 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Pecos
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 45 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Working  Custom Topper (resized).png
Bindo Topper (resized).png
broken plastic piece (resized).jpg
DSCF2822 (resized).JPG
DSCF2825 (resized).JPG
DSCF2826 (resized).JPG
cl_ad_wo_phone (resized).jpg
00u0u_fOAFsJz2ov1_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00202_c9MjQXqnaPT_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00Y0Y_kZcTgq5tKgc_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00l0l_fvMAVS4zYTA_1200x900 (resized).jpg
11222340_1666953136883790_6346627202651570848_n (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 051 (resized).jpg
oldPINpic's1990'spart1 007 (resized).jpg
oldPINpic's1990'spart1 074 (resized).jpg
aa51f46f1f654837a6368bb44765fa23 (resized).jpg

There are 559 posts in topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#552 5 days ago
Quoted from DashingDaryl:

Here is a 1950 Bally Turf King for $125 phoenix.craigslist.org link
https://offerup.com/item/detail/324768417/?ref=Search&event_source=srch084473ed35b249a6bca41a3f4314c0c0

Wish I had been close enough to grab that one. It looked real nice, assuming the few missing parts could be obtained. Someone else must have felt the same because it appears to be sold now.

#553 3 days ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Miss America Supreme / Bingo 1 Player
Features: IPDB: Two Cards, Red-letter game
Month/Year: October 1976
Production: Unknown
Cost: $100
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link

Condition: "found in our attic. must sell"

#554 3 days ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Miss America Supreme / Bingo 1 Player
Features: IPDB: Two Cards, Red-letter game
Month/Year: October 1976
Production: Unknown
Cost: $100
Contact/Link: chicago.craigslist.org link
Condition: "found in our attic. must sell"

Somebody grab it. Great playing Bingo. I already have one.

#555 2 days ago

Not my favorite, but a cheap Bonanza in North Carolina. ebay.com link » Bally Bonanza Bingo Pinball Machine

#556 2 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Somebody grab it. Great playing Bingo. I already have one.

I have my doubts about this one. Maybe a year ago there were similar ads with a Variety and Gay Time for $100 with the same "found in an attic" line and an address (who lists an address on C-List anyway?). The ad was repeated every so often with a different address and never in a good part of Chicago. I replied to the Variety and Gay Time ad and got a quick "meet me at 47th and Ashland" reply. Sorry, two games for $100 still won't get me meeting a stranger at 47th and Ashland, if you know Chicago you'll agree with me. I don't know if this ad is the same thing but seems very similar.

Either that or I just lost out on a $100 bingo...

#557 2 days ago
Quoted from northside-irish:

Sorry, two games for $100 still won't get me meeting a stranger at 47th and Ashland, if you know Chicago you'll agree with me.

Im an long-time Chicagoan and I'm with you - the ad sounds dodgy as hell, especially with the repeats at different addresses. On the other hand, if you want to lure someone with cash in their pocket to a location where you can rob them, why list the intersection in the Craigslist ad text instead of just supplying the address later to someone who bites on the ad? And why make the price $100 instead of some higher number? Just thinking out loud here.

And who the hell has the muscle to get a bingo up to their attic anyway?

#558 2 days ago

I have my doubts about this one. Maybe a year ago there were similar ads with a Variety and Gay Time for $100 with the same "found in an attic" line and an address (who lists an address on C-List anyway?). The ad was repeated every so often with a different address and never in a good part of Chicago. I replied to the Variety and Gay Time ad and got a quick "meet me at 47th and Ashland" reply. Sorry, two games for $100 still won't get me meeting a stranger at 47th and Ashland, if you know Chicago you'll agree with me. I don't know if this ad is the same thing but seems very similar.

Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Im an long-time Chicagoan and I'm with you - the ad sounds dodgy as hell, especially with the repeats at different addresses. On the other hand, if you want to lure someone with cash in their pocket to a location where you can rob them, why list the intersection in the Craigslist ad text instead of just supplying the address later to someone who bites on the ad? And why make the price $100 instead of some higher number? Just thinking out loud here.

I hear you both. Found a front fascia for a car that I needed on CL. Was told to go to an Auto Zone parking lot on Ashland & 53rd and wait. Very nice area. My son & I both had heaters. We were the only minorities there. Then we were told to drive down an alley from there for two blocks. Sure as as goes, there was a dude waving at us to point out his driveway.

All went well. It's a good memory as we weren't robbed. The parts he had were up to $1400.00 so he knew we had a few Benjamins on us.

#559 12 hours ago

Yes, please do be careful out there! I would feel terrible if one of you got hurt or robbed.

There are warning signs that tell you to 'proceed with caution.' I just posted this on the Project Pin thread:

Quoted from Pecos:

Anatomy of a questionable, SCAM, ad:
"project pinball machines available now. Some are in good shape and working condition others need full restoration
available up to 30 pins and i have plans to reimport again from europe. If you are you interested in restoring machines?
SEGA
STERN
BALL
WILLIAM
GOTLIEB
DATA EAST
etc
Note that maybe display locally but the pins are in MN. I will be traveling to NY on sunday, maybe someone is interested in some of the pins"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"project pinball machines available now."
It's all too common these days - improper capitalization. It's not a red flag by itself but one more nail in the 'scam' coffin.
"Some are in good shape and working condition others need full restoration
available up to 30 pins and i have plans to reimport again from europe."
This sounds too good to be true. 'Too good to be true' usually is! This technique is used to suck in the unwary and wishful-thinking looking for a bargain. Also, that is one nasty run-on sentence!
"If you are you interested in restoring machines?"
Huh? The OP is lacking in the skills of the English, methinks! This is a red flag for foreign scams!
"SEGA
STERN
BALL
WILLIAM
GOTLIEB
DATA EAST
etc"
Capital letters and name dropping are used to impress. The OP misspelled Bally, Williams AND Gottlieb!!! He really knows his pinball manufacturers, doesn't he?!
"Note that maybe display locally but the pins are in MN. I will be traveling to NY on sunday, maybe someone is interested in some of the pins"
Out of area!! OP will probably ask you to send money. Never send money! Out of area is a red flag for a scam!!
Again, the OP uses poor English. The above mess is three complete sentences, not two. Also, there is continued improper use of capitalization.
Avoid these type of Craigslist ads!

I like to talk with the seller, either having him/her call me or asking for a phone number so I can call. I can usually tell if the seller is legit over the phone. He will want to tell me more about the item for sale and help to make the sale. And he should be friendly. If he doesn't want to converse, the situation is adverse and I put my gears into reverse!

Ha ha! That's funny. I wondered how he got it down from the attic without killing anybody!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 208.87
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 559 posts in topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.