• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg
There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.
#501 6 years ago

Hi Jon! Nice to see you around these parts! Think you'll make it to York this year?

#502 6 years ago

Hey Nick. It's good to hear from you again. I'm planning on being at the York show this Fall. I might be bringing my Acapulco with me if it doesn't sell before then. I noticed in a previous post that you had a question about the Galaxy. I have one in my storage shed. If time permits, I'll attempt to get it up and running, and maybe it can make an appearance in York.

#503 6 years ago

Great to hear from you Jon! I haven't been back to Baltimore since I met you at your home. I have reservations at York and hopefully will see you there.

#504 6 years ago

I'm not really a bingo guy, but something about the United bingos really attracts me. Loved the "Caravan" Nick brought to York last year.
Some of the Ballys as well. Love the tropical themes. The artwork on these games is really attractive.

#505 6 years ago

Gotta grab those nickels @jrpinball! I love the United games as well. I wish they had made more of them - though it wouldn't have changed the course of history.

Another 25+ years of United/Williams bingos would have been interesting, though!

#506 6 years ago

Hey Phil! It will be great to see you again if you can make it to York (that's a long way from Denver!) I saw a previous post where you mentioned seeing the Big Wheel when you came to my house in Maryland. Shortly after our meeting, I sold that game to Bob Herbison in Texas. I wish that I still had that Big Wheel; it was a lot of fun to play (even without extra balls).

#507 6 years ago

Jon I am committed to get there. I've tried in the recent past but stuff happens. Hotel is booked. Was my memory accurate? That was a Big Wheel? After I posted that I thought maybe it was a Magic Ring. What happened to that NOS Bikini playfield?

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from JonRobinette:

Thanks to Mike Glauda for showing me Pinside when he stopped by my house the other day. Mike told me that this is the place where all of the bingo guys hang out. He wasn't kidding! It's good to see old bingo friends on here; Dennis, Phil, Vic (who bought a Nashville from me years ago), Nick (who I met at the York show), and, of course, Jeffrey and Bingo Butch (and Mike).

Hey Jon...It's great hearing from you through Pinside.

I am not sure how long ago (maybe 20 years+) when we first met and I bought your Stock Market and near mint Nashville. I remember planning the trip and each of us traveling half way and meeting on the NJ Turnpike to make the deal. I brought 300 feet of extension cords and blankets to shield the sun, so I could test the games at the Turnpike gas station/rest stop to make sure everything worked 100% and just like you promised, they both did and worked well for years without fail.

These two bingo were my very first I ever own and snowballed into me owning over 20+ bingos through the years. Here are a few pic's of the Nashville I got from you. I would have never let it go if I had the space for it. Growing up playing nothing but six card bingos....I just had to have "Dixieland" the king of all the EM six card games in my collection to play.

Have you seen this page here below at Pinside yet? Click on link. Maybe you could add some pictures?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-bingo-pinball-machines/page/6

See you on Bingo Row at the York Show in Oct.....

oldPINpic's1990'spart1 074 (resized).jpgoldPINpic's1990'spart1 074 (resized).jpg
oldPINpic's1990'spart1 007 (resized).jpgoldPINpic's1990'spart1 007 (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 051 (resized).jpgAug 25th 2004 051 (resized).jpg

#509 6 years ago

See Jon I told you there all here. It's awesome reading these posts how everyone has meet. I will be heading to Dillsburg to fix a mans Dixieland next week maybe I'll bring the truck

#510 6 years ago

Hey Vic. It's good to hear from you. I'm looking forward to seeing you again at the York show. I'm working on taking some pictures of the machines in my collection. My tablet is making the pictures light, so I'll try using my camera. I'll post them to your thread when I get them looking good.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

Jon I am committed to get there. I've tried in the recent past but stuff happens. Hotel is booked. Was my memory accurate? That was a Big Wheel? After I posted that I thought maybe it was a Magic Ring. What happened to that NOS Bikini playfield?

You may be right Phil. I had both machines, and I recently discovered the Magic Ring still in my storage shed. The playfield was actually a Lido, and I still have it (I'm trying to find a nice Lido machine for sale). If you would like to see the playfield, I can bring it to the York show.

#512 6 years ago

Jon, I'd love to see it. I sold a really nice Lido about 8 years ago. Totally restored and purchased by a nice guy in South Carolina looking specifically for that title and none other. Could've used that playfield but the one in the game cleaned up nicely. Here's a photo shortly before it left the building.

11222340_1666953136883790_6346627202651570848_n (resized).jpg11222340_1666953136883790_6346627202651570848_n (resized).jpg

#513 6 years ago

United Pixies in very decent condition. $125. Stated to be working, approximately. Near Santa Cruz, CA.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

United Pixies in very decent condition. $125. Stated to be working, approximately. Near Santa Cruz, CA.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

There's absolutely no way that machine is working properly, but at $125, I'd take a flyer on it if i lived there! He's not lying about the value of the backglass, at least when the right buyer comes along!

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

Jon, I'd love to see it. I sold a really nice Lido about 8 years ago. Totally restored and purchased by a nice guy in South Carolina looking specifically for that title and none other. Could've used that playfield but the one in the game cleaned up nicely. Here's a photo shortly before it left the building.

Damn that's purdy. Did you make your own stencils? And how did you get the siderails to shine like a mirror?

Most impressive.

#516 6 years ago

Yes, I made the stencils. The backglass was NOS, as were the siderails. The rails got a good buff job to bring the shine before installation.

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

Wow Phil, you do really nice work.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from JonRobinette:

I'll attempt to get it up and running, and maybe it can make an appearance in York.

Jon, if you have the time, can you please check to see if you have a manual for the Galaxy? Phil H has been looking for one for a long time. Not urgent, but perhaps after you've had a chance to go through the game?

#519 6 years ago

Nick I may have one will have to check

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Jon, if you have the time, can you please check to see if you have a manual for the Galaxy? Phil H has been looking for one for a long time. Not urgent, but perhaps after you've had a chance to go through the game?

Nick, I'll check tomorrow and get back to you.

#523 6 years ago

Three bingos in Salt Lake City. $400 for all, or "best offer." Acapulco and Key West are shown. The third game is not shown, at least not that I can see.

saltlakecity.craigslist.org link

#524 6 years ago

Got me my bingo!

cl_ad_wo_phone (resized).jpgcl_ad_wo_phone (resized).jpg

00l0l_fvMAVS4zYTA_1200x900 (resized).jpg00l0l_fvMAVS4zYTA_1200x900 (resized).jpg

DSCF2822 (resized).JPGDSCF2822 (resized).JPG

00u0u_fOAFsJz2ov1_1200x900 (resized).jpg00u0u_fOAFsJz2ov1_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00Y0Y_kZcTgq5tKgc_1200x900 (resized).jpg00Y0Y_kZcTgq5tKgc_1200x900 (resized).jpg

00202_c9MjQXqnaPT_1200x900 (resized).jpg00202_c9MjQXqnaPT_1200x900 (resized).jpg

DSCF2825 (resized).JPGDSCF2825 (resized).JPG

DSCF2826 (resized).JPGDSCF2826 (resized).JPG

Magic screen!

Now, where do I find parts, bingo experts??

I will be needing some of these plastic lamp covers:

broken plastic piece (resized).jpgbroken plastic piece (resized).jpg

This ought to be the challenge of my life!

#525 6 years ago

Nothing else like a Bally Bingo machine.
Remember; For Amusement only.

#526 6 years ago

Congrats Pecos! Sea Island is a lot of fun - one of only two games with an extra scoring section on the Magic Screen.

Those broken pieces are lamp shields - they're NLA in the US, but still being made in Belgium.

Missing four with those kinda breaks - someone stored it or moved it on its side without removing the balls at some point in the past.

More concerning, of course, is the water damage, but hopefully ok mechanically.

I might have some rough ones that I'd be happy to provide. I'll PM you when I have a chance to look at my stash.

#527 6 years ago

It's all there, so you should be able to bring it back. The operator added some wires you'll probably need to remove after you figure out what he was up to. Good luck, we'll help. Look at my Avatar!

#528 6 years ago

You guys are awesome!

Quoted from MrBally:

Nothing else like a Bally Bingo machine.

I think I am about to find that out!

Those broken pieces are lamp shields

Got it! I have a whole new set of terminology to learn.

Missing four with those kinda breaks - someone stored it or moved it on its side without removing the balls at some point in the past.

You must have been reading my mind when you wrote this. I thought it rather strange that the four on one side were fine and the other four were all broken. Thanks for the answer without the question! BTW, nice attention to detail to notice that.

I might have some rough ones that I'd be happy to provide. I'll PM you when I have a chance to look at my stash.

You are too kind. DennisDodel has kindly offered to send me some, also too kind, but thanks for the offer.

Quoted from okorange:

It's all there, so you should be able to bring it back. The operator added some wires you'll probably need to remove after you figure out what he was up to.

Good eye! I've already found some wires that go to the top where whatever was there is now gone. Do bingos have toppers?

Quoted from okorange:

Good luck, we'll help.

Thanks, I will be needing all the luck and help I can get. It's a daunting task.

Quoted from okorange:

Look at my Avatar!

Nice!

I plan to start a thread showing my progress from the perspective of someone who knows a bit about EMs and almost nothing about bingos. I am hoping that my EM pinball skills will be enough to get me through most of the restoration process. I will post a link here once it has been started. Feel free to join in and correct my mistakes and educate me on the finer points of bingo mechanics.

#529 6 years ago

I've got a slow restoration going under the "Carnival Queen" heading right now. And I do mean slow!

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Do bingos have toppers?

No, but I have worked on games with large fire alarm style bells added that would clap during a payout. Operator was thoughtful and added a Jones Plug selector for it.

There are topper cards for some bingos - including the famous 'For Amusement Only' placard.

Having good EM skills (and dusting skills) will do you well. Some of the mechanical devices are quite a bit more complex than anything found in any flipper EM, but at the end of the day, it's wipers on rivets and switches bouncing on cams or in relays.

If you've worked on a 60s-70s Bally flipper game (like your Double Up), then you'll have a good head start. 50V controls everything within the game. Multiple safeguards exist for a sagging 50V line. Check your fuse holders, then double-check them.

#531 6 years ago

The only two bingo toppers I've ever seen.
One stock - one custom.

Bindo Topper (resized).pngBindo Topper (resized).png
Working  Custom Topper (resized).pngWorking Custom Topper (resized).png

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Muggle:

The only two bingo toppers I've ever seen.
One stock - one custom.

That is so cool.....Great idea.
Love them replays units!

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Muggle:

oops (getting old) ... but i saw the other two in person ... = )

Figured that's what you meant Steve. Just thought I would post the link for the new guys.

#536 6 years ago

Hey Nick: No luck. I do not have the manual or the schematic for the Galaxy. I've got the machine but no paperwork. Go figure.

#537 6 years ago

Phil's got blueprints up on the site now in place of the manual, and the schem is up there, too. Not quite like working from the manual, but it's there! BingoButch, if you happen to find the manual, let me know.

#538 6 years ago
#539 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

Just curious as to what something like this goes for. That came up sensational. We have very few here in Australia. I would love a really nice Malibu or Laguna Beach. I remember those the most same game I know but seemed like they were the more popular game here.

#540 6 years ago

richmond.craigslist.org link

Laguna Beach in VA - $300 - Has a modified base - looks easy enough to return it to factory legs. Score units move, at least.

#541 6 years ago

jokerpoker, I bought the game as a wreck for $100 bucks and sold it for $3,500. Lido would go for more than a Malibu or Laguna.

#542 6 years ago

Hey - check it out - 21 holes! richmond.craigslist.org link

Just kidding, it's a Mystic Gate - 20 hole.

The gameplay is interesting on this one, but not for the max replays - the rebound rubber lifts up using a motorized armature, and there's a thing that looks like a flipper in the left-middle of the playfield. The 'flipper' doesn't actually flip - there are a couple of springs underneath, and when a ball strikes it, it lobs it over slightly. I thought pieces were missing from the part-out rusty stuff I bought to build up a playfield I have, but nope! Just a unique mechanism. I used to never see these come up for sale, but this, I believe, is the third one that has been up for sale this year.

#543 6 years ago

A couple of Carnival Queens in Indiana. Looks like it may be an easy fix for anyone local.

ebay.com link: Old Bingo Pinball Machine

#544 6 years ago

richmond.craigslist.org link
Laguna Beach in VA - $300 - Has a modified base - looks easy enough to return it to factory legs. Score units move, at least.

Hey Nick! The picture on craigslist shows (what looks like) an Anne Arundel County tax sticker on the front door of this Laguna Beach. I knew a couple of operators in Glen Burnie who always put old payout bases (with modified front doors) on their bingos, and put bricks in the bases. This negated the player "bumping" the machine to control the balls, because the machine was so heavy. Because of the age of the Laguna Beach, and it's popularity among players in Maryland, this game might have been on location in 1968 when coin payout was still legal in Anne Arundel County.

#545 6 years ago

Bricks would make it pretty challenging! Neat to know the why and how - thanks Jon! Did you play these modified games on location back then?

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

A couple of Carnival Queens in Indiana. Looks like it may be an easy fix for anyone local.
ebay.com link » Old Bingo Pinball Machine

Those are mine, don't anyone bid on them!

#547 6 years ago

Hi Nick. I played two 20 holers, the Orient and the Zodiac back in the mid-seventies, that not only had bricks in the bottom, but had metal front rails (as most 20 holers did). When you "bumped" the front rail to direct the ball, your palms would receive quite a jolt and the ball would be unaffected. Twenty years later, I became friends with the two operators that owned those machines, and I had them over to my house to examine a Malibu Beach I had picked up. They had never seen the game, and it was very interesting and informative watching them go thru the bingo and comment on all of the enhancements that Bally had made.

#548 6 years ago

Sweet looking Broadway north of Seattle. $400. Seller states that the "glass" is broken. Hopefully it is the playfield glass because the backglass looks great, with no apparent fading or paint loss. The game has a body armor on the front cabinet. I wish I could use this game.

seattle.craigslist.org link

#549 6 years ago

Wow, aside from the cladding in the front, that game looks great!

#550 6 years ago

Two Carnival Queen Machines for about one more hour on e-bay.
High bid $102.00 US, holy ----!

There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.