• 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BallyBingosMass (resized).jpg
Bally Key West #1 backglass for eBay sale - front view - high odds have all been replaced by 160 (resized).jpg
01313_8cV9AZcAZpZ_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00X0X_fccyUKbUqGB_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01111_5LGAvJmM6JR_1200x900 (resized).jpg
1357D701-246C-4E50-A482-BB5338210119 (resized).jpeg
21E43FAF-576B-478E-BB8C-88E23F5DB299 (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147-2 (resized).jpg
Annotation 2019-10-09 145147 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
This one (resized).JPG
Circus Queen (resized).jpg
SeaIsland (resized).jpg
SeaIsland2 (resized).jpg
DSC00705 (resized).jpg
DSC00704 (resized).jpg
There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.
#451 6 years ago

OMG if I were even remotely close to this I would be there. At least 13 bingos I can decipher and I actually wouldn't mind a Slick Chick for some reason...

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from John41051:

Just noticed a new post on Ebay...(as a newbie..I don't know how to use the Pinside Ebay link)
Tahiti, Dixieland and High Flyer all for one money...starting at $500

John - Just paste a link into your message and Pinside magically turns it into a button.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

John - Just paste a link into your message and Pinside magically turns it into a button.

Thanks...learn something new every day.....

1 week later
#454 6 years ago

$50 Big Show in Kent, WA that looks pretty decent...

seattle.craigslist.org link

#455 6 years ago

Nice Atlantic City in Anaconda, Montana:

missoula.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#456 6 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Ticker Tape I've agreed to donate to a pinball museum.

I just inherited one of these Bally Ticker Tape bingo machines. It seems to be in working order because it lights up when I plug it in, but I do not have the knowledge to service it? I do not mind paying someone to travel and get it up to par. Let me know if you know anyone who is intimate with this machine. I am located on the coast of North Carolina. Thank you

#457 6 years ago

Hey dfresh - I've been asking around some folks that are closer to you, but no one has been able to help yet.

Are you interested in learning how to fix? Happy to discuss with you, if you like.

#458 6 years ago

Was just in VA NC a little to far. But would look at it when I set up vacation would have to drive right past you.

#459 6 years ago

4 bingos offered as one lot. Seattle area. Ad meets the seeming-Craigslist requirement for poor and incomplete photography.

"They are complete but not working. Cash offers or trade for what you have to barter ?"

County Fair (original backglass with small but visible ink loss, dirty playfield)
Ballerina (original backglass that looks good, playfield condition not apparent)
Miss America Supreme
Manhattan (Belgian game)

#460 6 years ago

BlackCat, you're there, right? Are you going for it?

#461 6 years ago

No, or else I would have gone for it instead of posting the ad But yes, the games are in my back yard. We're going to be moving out of our house for several months for a bit of remodeling, so a purchase at this point would be unwise (but when did that ever stop me?). I'm looking for a great Gay Time (or Gayety) or Silver Sails to fill out my limited space.

1 week later
#462 6 years ago

1948 Bally Citation (or Lexington?) one-ball horse race retitled "Play Feature." $700 or best offer. What caught my eye was what a slick job someone did to disguise the original name. Unfortunately, the title area appears to have degraded somewhat.

ebay.com link: itm

#463 6 years ago

He has had that up for auction a few times. I let him know a few weeks ago that the game was a Citation. He thanked me for the info. but never acknowledged it in the ad. Probably would not help the sale!
I wonder what the added 'E' and 'Z' is on the backglass.

#464 6 years ago

Hey dfresh - I've been asking around some folks that are closer to you, but no one has been able to help yet.
Are you interested in learning how to fix? Happy to discuss with you, if you like.

Thank you for asking around bingopodcast Keep me posted if you hear anything. I wish I had the time to fix it on my own. I travel a lot for work and I have a 2 year old

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from BingoButch:

Was just in VA NC a little to far. But would look at it when I set up vacation would have to drive right past you.

BingoButch Thank you for your response. Let me know if vacation brings you this way or passing through this way. I am not having much luck with anyone in the area or willing to travel and have me pay mileage.

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I wonder what the added 'E' and 'Z' is on the backglass.

I hadn't noticed that change! So they appear to have changed the circuitry and game play as well as altering the name. That's taking it to a whole new level.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from BlackCatBone:

I hadn't noticed that change! So they appear to have changed the circuitry and game play as well as altering the name. That's taking it to a whole new level.

Hard to see the entire playfield. But nothing with an 'E' or 'Z' sticks out. Maybe it's as simple as "Hey, put some money in this game. It's EZ."

#468 6 years ago

Or maybe it was part of the 'disguise' along with the name change.

#469 6 years ago

Or maybe it was part of the 'disguise' along with the name change.

I just asked the guy if he can shed any light on their purpose, if any.

Maybe Earl and his buddy Zeke did the name change.

#470 6 years ago

Acapulco near Tacoma/Seattle. Looks like it might clean up nicely with some elbow grease. Backglass appears nice. Not working. $300. Was this the only bingo to have top odds of 1200?

#471 6 years ago

Yes, but notice how there are four sets of odds per position. One of the big features of an already unusual game. You have to light the horizontal line for the 'super score' and win on that line. Tricky and costly. Which, generally, equals fun!

Any other game with higher payout does so with multipliers.

Acapulco and touchdown have somewhat unique internals, aside from the obvious difference with the magic numbers.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I just asked the guy if he can shed any light on their purpose, if any.
Maybe Earl and his buddy Zeke did the name change.

The owner says he has no idea what the E and Z letters are for.

#473 6 years ago

Pretty clean Big Show near Seattle. Stated to be working. Asking $350. Acceptable, although not perfect, original backglass.

#474 6 years ago

Yes, but notice how there are four sets of odds per position. One of the big features of an already unusual game. You have to light the horizontal line for the 'super score' and win on that line. Tricky and costly. Which, generally, equals fun!
Any other game with higher payout does so with multipliers.
Acapulco and touchdown have somewhat unique internals, aside from the obvious difference with the magic numbers.

Thanks for the info - I hadn't noticed the 4th odds line. Sounds like a neat player. Someone must have felt the same way because the ad is gone now.

#475 6 years ago

Nice United bingo in CA. I'd be tempted if it was on the other coast.
ebay.com link: Pinball Machine United MFG 1955 PIXIES Working Condition Legs Are Included

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice United bingo in CA. I'd be tempted if it was on the other coast.
ebay.com link » Pinball Machine United Mfg 1955 Pixies Working Condition Legs Are Included

Fun game. Nice cabinet and playfield. Backglass is a little faded. Ridiculously cheap.

#477 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Westerhaus Amusement Company
Game/Type: Marines at Play / Bingo
Month/Year: August 1944
Production: ???
Cost: $500 OBO
muskegon.craigslist.org link

OP: A very rare, vintage 1940s "Marines at Play" PinBall Machine. Needs restoration, but all parts are here, including key, the graphics look great - very colorful with no cracks. Bought as a project, but have no time to begin. Asking $500 OBO.

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Westerhaus Amusement Company
Game/Type: Marines at Play / Bingo
Month/Year: August 1944
Cost: $500 OBO
muskegon.craigslist.org link
OP: A very rare, vintage 1940s "Marines at Play" PinBall Machine. Needs restoration, but all parts are here, including key, the graphics look great - very colorful with no cracks. Bought as a project, but have no time to begin. Asking $500 OBO.

Not a bingo, but a nice looking game.

#479 6 years ago

Two bingo machines in the same CL ad.

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Malibu Beach
Month/Year: September 1980
Game/Type: Laguna Beach
Month/Year: February 1960
Cost: $1,000 for both
richmond.craigslist.org link
OP: Malibu Beach pinball machine in great condition, also have a Laguna Beach Machine that is included in the price. The Laguna Beach needs some adjusting as the relay that kicks the balls up sticks otherwise machine plays.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Two bingo machines in the same CL ad.
Game/Type: Malibu Beach
Month/Year: September 1980
Game/Type: Laguna Beach
Month/Year: February 1960
Cost: $1,000 for both
richmond.craigslist.org link
OP: Malibu Beach pinball machine in great condition, also have a Laguna Beach Machine that is included in the price. The Laguna Beach needs some adjusting as the relay that kicks the balls up sticks otherwise machine plays.

Interesting in that Malibu Beach is a re-make of Laguna Beach!

#481 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Exhibit Supply Company
Game/Type: Buttons / Bingo
Month/Year: September 1938
Cost: $300
louisville.craigslist.org link

OP: 1938 Exhibit "Buttons" Pinball Machine for sale. Works good. Backglass still perfect. Flipperless. Balls move and score by many large magnets under playfield. Price is $300. Priced to sell and price is firm. Call between 12 and 6 pm to ask questions or arrange to look at/purchase. In person cash sales only. Please do not text. Thanks

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Manufacturer: Exhibit Supply Company
Game/Type: Buttons / Bingo
Month/Year: September 1938
Cost: $300
louisville.craigslist.org link
OP: 1938 Exhibit "Buttons" Pinball Machine for sale. Works good. Backglass still perfect. Flipperless. Balls move and score by many large magnets under playfield. Price is $300. Priced to sell and price is firm. Call between 12 and 6 pm to ask questions or arrange to look at/purchase. In person cash sales only. Please do not text. Thanks

Also not a bingo.

#483 6 years ago

A bingo pinball has between 18 and 25 trap holes on the playfield, and typically has a replay register, or two-four digit counter, for replays earned. The backglass art almost always incorporates some type of bingo card. It may be oddly shaped, but there's always numbers involved, arranged in a 6x3, 5x5 or 5x4 grid. The bingos made from all manufacturers in the US were made between 1951 and 1980.

Flipperless and prewar games are not bingos, but I will say that 'Buttons' is really neat.

#484 6 years ago

Bingo folks: help! What in the heck does the ABC feature on Galaxy do? There's no manual on Phil's site, but there are some engineering diagrams. From what I can tell, the numbers behind the card slide back and forth... But I don't know why they would be locked by ABC... Any help is greatly appreciated.

#485 6 years ago

Bingo folks: help! What in the heck does the ABC feature on Galaxy do? There's no manual on Phil's site, but there are some engineering diagrams. From what I can tell, the numbers behind the card slide back and forth... But I don't know why they would be locked by ABC... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Think of Tahiti, Center column (A on Tahiti) that, when lit allows the four numbers to move up and down by one. On Galaxy, "A" moves the first two columns Up and Down. "B" moves the next two columns and "C" moves the right two columns. Remember, the A, B & C are lit on a mystery basis.

This is different from Tahiti which B, the left spot allows Columns 1 & 2 to be transferred between each other,. Same with the C spot that allows the two rightmost columns to be transferred between each other. Of course, Galaxy has six columns with four sets of numbers as it is a 24 hole machine.

#486 6 years ago

Ok, that makes sense. So they function as paired Magic Lines.

Thank you!!

#487 6 years ago

Thinking about unloading a Bally Beach Beauty. Game has completely gone over and works perfect. Need the room.

beach beauty (resized).jpgbeach beauty (resized).jpg

beach beauty1 (resized).jpgbeach beauty1 (resized).jpg

#488 6 years ago

That's a hard to find game in nice shape! Beach Beauty is the only game that allows you to spot any number on the card using the wild pockets.

#489 6 years ago

Nice looking Acapulco in Maryland, stated to be working perfectly. The backglass may have some sun-fading, or perhaps the photos are just overexposed. Playfield is clean as a whistle. $799 opening bid.

ebay.com link: Bally Bingo Pinball machine

#490 6 years ago

Hey, that looks like one of Jon Robinette's games. He had a fantastic collection when I visited him in Maryland about 10 years ago. The only Big Wheel I've ever seen was in his basement.

#492 6 years ago

norfolk.craigslist.org link

Bonanza, the last Magic Squares game Bally produced.

On the coast of VA, missing playfield glass, but otherwise looks nice. Has a bell and a Magic Line. 40 coin max.

#493 6 years ago

Would I be out of line here to say that even though we like old bingos, they are EXTREMELY hard to sell?

The ones I've seen don't seem to sell, even at prices around $150. Seems like most sellers "just need them gone". I realize there are exceptions, but are there really that few people who are willing to pay decent money for a bingo?

#494 6 years ago

I overpaid for a Malibu Beach and Miss America Supreme. Never again.

#495 6 years ago

Title, condition, and location are king. Some areas seem harder to sell bingos than others.

Many of the 'just need them gone' ads that I see around my area are games that have severe water damage and rust, with a nice mouse nest to top it off. I see those on flipper games, too. I think ad quality matters, too. No photos or bad photos don't help.

#496 6 years ago

Title, condition, and location are king. Some areas seem harder to sell bingos than others.
Many of the 'just need them gone' ads that I see around my area are games that have severe water damage and rust, with a nice mouse nest to top it off. I see those on flipper games, too. I think ad quality matters, too. No photos or bad photos don't help.

Local guy here has two Miami Beaches in good working and decent cosmetic condition (at least he says they are now, when I went to see them they weren't paying out replays or extra balls). I'm afraid I'll be stuck with them forever, and my wife will use them to deride my "game choices" for years to come! LOL!

I still want them though...grrrr. Maybe a trade or something.

#498 6 years ago

Dam my dad will put my mother on the roof if I tell him about these machines

#499 6 years ago

Thanks to Mike Glauda for showing me Pinside when he stopped by my house the other day. Mike told me that this is the place where all of the bingo guys hang out. He wasn't kidding! It's good to see old bingo friends on here; Dennis, Phil, Vic (who bought a Nashville from me years ago), Nick (who I met at the York show), and, of course, Jeffrey and Bingo Butch (and Mike).

#500 6 years ago

United Nevada, looks pretty decent, even has a soiled set of instruction cards. $599, but not working. In CA.

fresno.craigslist.org link

There are 817 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl/page/10?hl=dashingdaryl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.