By bingopodcast

1 year ago

Stats

• 530 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by bingopodcast
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 43 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

broken plastic piece (resized).jpg
DSCF2822 (resized).JPG
DSCF2825 (resized).JPG
DSCF2826 (resized).JPG
cl_ad_wo_phone (resized).jpg
00u0u_fOAFsJz2ov1_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00202_c9MjQXqnaPT_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00Y0Y_kZcTgq5tKgc_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00l0l_fvMAVS4zYTA_1200x900 (resized).jpg
11222340_1666953136883790_6346627202651570848_n (resized).jpg
Aug 25th 2004 051 (resized).jpg
oldPINpic's1990'spart1 007 (resized).jpg
oldPINpic's1990'spart1 074 (resized).jpg
aa51f46f1f654837a6368bb44765fa23 (resized).jpg
e16444f9a0cc470ab5490bbe9cc02a57 (resized).jpg
a604dc2bcd124a7fa3dedc0ba07a9a64 (resized).jpg

There are 530 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 1 year ago

County Fair - first with the red letter game. Angle iron cradle, anti-drill coin door. Cosmetics appear good. Flaking letter A for magic screen feature. BG otherwise great!

richmond.craigslist.org link

One of my favorite art packages in a bingo.

Richmond, VA

#2 1 year ago

O_o

...and you haven't bought it yet?

#3 1 year ago

Frankly the angle iron usually turns me off. But I also lack space. Gotta move out these flipper games.

#4 1 year ago

I think this is the same model that Vic's friend Wayne once had, and I think he just about gave it away!

#5 1 year ago

No price listed on this one. Maybe this seller is giving it away, too!

#6 1 year ago

Nice thread! Truly an original title.

#7 1 year ago

Ha-ha, I may have had some inspiration.

#8 1 year ago

Broadway with night club backglass in Washington. Who in WA wants to buy and sell me the backglass?

ebay.com link » Bally Night Club Bingo Pinball Machine W Broadway Playfield

#9 1 year ago

Wow - this Bikini is in excellent shape. In St. Louis. Great price, too. One of only two games where can bank the red letter game and play later (futurity).

ebay.com link » Nice Bally Bikini Bingo Pinball Machine

#10 1 year ago

I hesitate to post this - I wouldn't mind making a cross-country trip for this game. In Indiana. If anyone wanted to pick up and bring to York this year, I'd love to talk to you.

United Stardust - only game with a dual Roto.

Excellent price for a United. Not working, but has internals similar to a Bally. Shouldn't be hard for any Bally owner to get going. Looks in amazing shape.

ebay.com link » Vintage United S Stardust Bingo Pinball Amusement Game

#11 1 year ago

You call Indiana cross country?
Man I could travel that far north and still not leave this state.

#12 1 year ago

Ha-ha, well, its about as far away as I'm willing to drive. My family typically wants to go with as we have relatives in Kentucky. Logistics get difficult beyond that.

I honestly wouldn't mind hopping in the van tomorrow.

#13 1 year ago

Here's a fancy "Night Club" bingo that's been sittin' around in Washington a while:

ebay.com link » Bally Night Club Bingo Pinball Machine W Broadway Playfield

#14 1 year ago

Man, the light blues are flaking pretty badly on that glass, now that I look closer. Good playing game, though. Worth a haggle!

#15 1 year ago

Also, a Miss America in TX:

ebay.com link

...a couple bids on it, up to $250 with not quite 24 hours remaining.

#16 1 year ago

Nice condition Gayety in Indiana (beside the Stardust).

One of two games with the magic pockets feature. Balls hop across the first row under player control.

ebay.com link » Vintage Bally Gayety Bingoball Pinball Amusement Game

#17 1 year ago

Good Thread. I saw the Stardust and Gayety on ebay awhile back. If they were closer I might have inquired. Have my hands full though with recently acquired Palm Springs at the moment. I can see where these things could multiply....

If there were a near pristine or extra nice condition Gayety out there with a Mint backglass I could be tempted, or maybe the Gay Time title. I can remember when those words had no other connotations other than happy.... Those two titles have a some of the nicest backglass art of the period for Bingos I think. Very attractive. I could see where they would make you want to dump your money in them back in the day.

#18 1 year ago

I have a Gay Time and love it. Once you play the feature a bit, you'll start seeing the winners from moving the balls and magic lines. Always exciting! Newcomers are very attracted to it, and always laugh and love the magic Pockets.

Many newcomers have a hard time conceptualizing winners. Great games!

That Gayety has one of the best backglasses I've seen. The red/pink really flakes away on most. I hope someone snaps that up. Only downside to that particular example is the lockbar and cabinet need a good cleaning.

#19 1 year ago

I have seen your Gay Time in postings here on Pinside. It's very nice. Gay Time or a Gayety in tip top shape would definitely be on my short list. At some point I'd like to get one really tip top example of a Bingo. For now Palm Springs is nice to cut my teeth on. I can't wind up with too many of these things though.

Space is maxed out with my Flipper games. I actually keep a few games at my son's house as I'm full. He gets them as loaners to play and/or to sell when something else finds it's way into my house.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Space is maxed out with my Flipper games.

Cue BingoPodcast. I can hear it now, "Flip that ratio, you'll be better off."

#21 1 year ago

Let him get his first 100% and then he will see...

#22 1 year ago

Dixieland $200 Ohio.

Note the date of production. Topic for an upcoming episode.

Last EM 6 card made by Bally. Magic number and Quadruple scoring on random cards. Super fun.

ebay.com link » Bally Bingo Pinball Machine Titled Dixieland

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I hesitate to post this - I wouldn't mind making a cross-country trip for this game. In Indiana. If anyone wanted to pick up and bring to York this year, I'd love to talk to you.
United Stardust - only game with a dual Roto.
Excellent price for a United. Not working, but has internals similar to a Bally. Shouldn't be hard for any Bally owner to get going. Looks in amazing shape.
ebay.com link » Vintage United S Stardust Bingo Pinball Amusement Game

C'mon. A mere 12 hour drive! Seriously though, maybe the seller would be willing to meet you halfway or something.

#24 1 year ago

Hmm. Not a bad idea. Not sure if they're pinball people? Guess there's one way to find out.

#25 1 year ago

Hi-Fi. The only bingo with the 'bump' feature. Moves the whole playfield using a flipper button.

Price is crazy, but cab and glass are in good condition. Can't see playfield and lockbar instruction plate is hosed.

In Massachusetts.

ebay.com link » Ballys Hi Fi 1954 A Typical In Line Bingo Machine From That Era

#26 1 year ago

United Caravan in Fresno, CA.

ebay.com link » Caravan Pinball Machine Bingo Machine 1956 United

It has typical roto mech wear at the top of the bingo card, otherwise glass is less flaky than mine! Door has some weird aftermarket bingo on it and is super dusty. Needs cleaning, but back seems to be in OK condition from the one sideways pic with the door cracked.

$500

#27 1 year ago

Weird. All three of the United roto games are on eBay right now.

Starlet - $750. Typical roto wear on backglass otherwise looks pretty nice.

In PA.

ebay.com link » 1956 United Starlet Bingo Pinball Machine Good Working Condition

#29 1 year ago

OK, another crazy price - Can Can for 1,100.

Can Can is a fun game, but with all the cab artwork removed and a floor length cabinet with payout hopper installed, and lockbar with aftermarket cladding? None of that increases value for me.

ebay.com link » Bally Can Can Pinball Machine

#30 1 year ago

Two playfields: Big Show? And Double Header.

ebay.com link » Pair Of Vintage Bally Pinball Machine Tops In Wood From The 1950s

Now, where's the rest of that Double Header? A rare game becomes more rare.

#31 1 year ago

Variety - the first game with moving numbers.

winstonsalem.craigslist.org link

Looks to be in pretty good shape, most likely not working, missing playfield glass. Great game!

#32 1 year ago

Some good games here - six cards (Wall Street and High Flyer), Tahiti, and United Nevada - each $300.

stlouis.craigslist.org link

#33 1 year ago

Not a bingo, but bingo-esque card themed trap hole game - Bally Twin Joker $400 Albequerque, NM:

albuquerque.craigslist.org link

#34 1 year ago

Tahiti

Hey, that's a coincidence. I just heard about this today:

http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/episode-343-1979-bally-tahiti

Also...

Not a bingo, but bingo-esque card themed trap hole game - Bally Twin Joker

...I'm pretty sure this is the "other bingo" the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas has. So, y'know, there's a chance to play this on location before you buy it?

#35 1 year ago

Twin Joker is supposed to be a fun two player game. I don't really know anything about the gameplay, as I've never seen one in person, but as I recall, there is no replay register but whoever has the highest hand would win.

Loser buys beer!

If anyone's played one, would love to hear about your experience.

#36 1 year ago

Twin Joker

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

the "other bingo" the Pinball Hall of Fame

Twin Joker

Confirmation (just dug up my vay-cay pix):

IMG_6071_(resized).JPG

...and the other one (for those curious)...

IMG_6076_(resized).JPG

...at least that was the PHoF Bingo (and Bingo-esque) line-up as of Summer '15.

#37 1 year ago

Twin Joker Bingo is way cool.

#38 1 year ago

Wall Street renamed as Shoot-A-Line.

In PA, sold by TNT Amusements.

It has the playfield of Bally's 'The Twist' with the cab repainted. $325.

ebay.com link » Shoot A Line Full Size Bingo Pinball Machine Vintage Watch Youtube Video

#39 1 year ago

Wall Street renamed as Shoot-A-Line.
In PA, sold by TNT Amusements.
It has the playfield of Bally's 'The Twist' with the cab repainted. $325.
ebay.com link » Shoot A Line Full Size Bingo Pinball Machine Vintage Watch Youtube Video

Sheesh, full-on incognito!

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Sheesh, full-on incognito!

Pretty interesting, since I don't think the playfield for The Twist is plug and play with a 6 card. Shutter motor switch configuration is likely quite different (I don't know that for sure, but I'm pretty sure)!

#41 1 year ago

Hey, while we're talking bingos here:

Gayety - the first Magic Pockets game. In SF area. $750. This one looks in really nice condition, slight fading on the cab (although that may just be the camera exposure or lighting), no good straight on pics of the panel, but likely slight control panel wear as typical for this era.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

just dug up my vay-cay pix

Can any of you OK game players spot the issue with the Miss America above using LEDs?

#43 1 year ago

Also, if you need it, Coinopwarehouse is selling NOS playfields on EBay for many titles. Been thinking about pulling the trigger on a new Ticker Tape playfield (but it has some damage).

This is a Miss America Supreme playfield:

ebay.com link » Like

#44 1 year ago

Coinopwarehouse is selling NOS playfields on EBay for many titles.

That's interesting info!

#45 1 year ago

Can any of you OK game players spot the issue with the Miss America above using LEDs?

Multiple red letters due to the resistance difference?

#46 1 year ago

Don't know how 'nice' you would call this but I would rather post the bingos I find here instead of on the Project Pin thread. Please let me know if the consensus is to post project bingos elsewhere.
Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Touchdown / Bingo 1 Player
Features: Magic Squares, Spot 16
Month/Year: September 1960
Production: Unknown
Cost: $250
Link/Contact: kalispell.craigslist.org link Condition: Front of cabinet rough. OP: "Selling this nice Bally Touchdown Pinball Machine. 2202 of 5000 built. No blown fuses or burned wiring. Would be a fun restoration project for a pinball machine enthusiast. Parts are still readily available on line. Manuals/schematics included."

Added 9 months ago: **Ad not found**

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Multiple red letters due to the resistance difference?

You got it!

The red letter circuits require the resistance difference between a 55 (which should be red) and a 47.

Using a 44 or other bulb that does not have the exact load of a 55 paired with 47 will not work.

Quoted from Pecos:

Please let me know if the consensus is to post project bingos elsewhere.

Here is fine! And it doesn't look bad to me! Note on Touchdown that Bally used a special motor control circuit only used in one other game. Motor 'seeking' is controlled by the variator unit disc. Otherwise, circuitry is similar to other bingos.

#48 1 year ago

Played Twin Joker at The York Show several years ago. It's a dud.

All the ones I've seen appear to be in super nice condition tho ... (likely because no one plays them more than a few times).

Pretty sure no one's ever said "Twin Joker is my favorite"

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Muggle:

Played Twin Joker at The York Show several years ago. It's a dud.

Yeah... Most of the card games with a bingo layout don't seem super exciting to me. Mostly two player type games like twin Joker. Probably fun over a drink with a buddy. I've never played one, though.

#50 1 year ago

The one that's been on eBay out in Colorado (Williams "Yukon") looks pretty interesting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.99
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 299.99
$ 209.99
$ 48.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinbology
$ 889.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 60.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 530 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.