Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 27dnast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider surfajl77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago

I'm in the same boat that you are. Although I already picked my machine (MMR that I'm currently waiting on). Originally, I said that since we have techs here where I live, I'll just use them if I ever have issues. But that can get expensive very quickly if you don't know what you're doing, especially if it's something very minor. Your best bet is to just ask questions on the forum, watch YouTube videos, and follow the thread of whatever game you own. Many owners will be able to help you with the specifics.

Soldering looks scary as hell. I suggest you get a soldering iron and one of those little "kits" that can be purchased for under 10 dollars that allows you practice learning how to do it.

There's a book I've been reading:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2

It's a nice little guide to familiarize yourself with maintenance, but switches between electronic and EM machines continuously and feels like a textbook. If you're the type of person like myself, you'll only learn how to do something when you're actually forced to do it yourself.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider surfajl77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-newbie-questions?tu=surfajl77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.