Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2AFF8304-D07A-4CA2-AFC2-B90884688BD6 (resized).png
    GOTG Frame (resized).jpg
    IMAG1502 (resized).jpg
    C9AA9E3C-861E-41DA-9661-7EE03148CAA4 (resized).jpeg
    27DE6681-E66B-4ED7-98A4-E9BC6B3AA99F (resized).jpeg
    9A9E11A9-2F80-4795-93DA-CCABB205960A (resized).jpeg
    04195244-0E9F-4DA5-97DD-EDA6D7B79A04 (resized).jpeg
    37592108_2245459345740347_4805421401760595968_n (resized).jpg
    IMAG0836 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0837 (resized).jpg
    IMAG0840 (resized).jpg
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Stern has updated their site with a couple cool new products and some discounts that are worth checking out.

Dirty Donny LE Zodiac Poster Signed and Numbered out of 100 was discounted from $50 down to $10. Hard to pass up at that price.
    http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=5052228

Colored Aprons are now discounted from $99 down to $69. I grabbed a red one for my Wrestlemania. Blue on my old X-Men Pro and purple on my Ghostbusters looked great.
    http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6559031

For new Products they have a metal lightbox now. I got one of these as a prize from the WWE King of the Ring Tournament they had years ago. It is bad ass. Super low profile, you can change out translites without taking it off the wall. I am very surprised it's only $99, I thought they would be more than that if they ever sold them.
    http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6918807

They also now have a Stern Pinball anti-fatigue mat. Might have to check one of these out in the future.
    http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6918805

#2 5 years ago

Can some take a few pictures of the lighted translite frame? Curious to see the cord and what the entire frame looks like on someone’s wall.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks LesManley for the heads up. Great deal on the poster, which I'd love to get, but sadly the cheapest option to ship the poster is $13!!!!! It cost more to ship the poster than the actual poster. Don't know what's up with Stern on their shipping prices.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Can some take a few pictures of the lighted translite frame? Curious to see the cord and what the entire frame looks like on someone’s wall.

Cord is in the lower left side as you can see in the second picture. I ran it through the wall and plugged it in behind there.

IMAG0836 (resized).jpgIMAG0836 (resized).jpgIMAG0837 (resized).jpgIMAG0837 (resized).jpgIMAG0840 (resized).jpgIMAG0840 (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Cord is in the lower left side as you can see in the second picture. I ran it through the wall and plugged it in behind there.

Very Cool, They'll need to offer a new size to fit the Iron Maiden translite. Tron looks great.

#6 5 years ago

Yes Stern needs to offer these in new sizes. I have 2x Star Wars Translites from my LE that need to be backlit. Would pick up the extra stern iron maiden if so.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Auror:

Thanks lesmanley for the heads up. Great deal on the poster, which I'd love to get, but sadly the cheapest option to ship the poster is $13!!!!! It cost more to ship the poster than the actual poster. Don't know what's up with Stern on their shipping prices.

If you wanted to complain more about shipping inside the US, hmmm, better not It's $32 to Canada

#8 5 years ago

The Dirty Donny posters showed up today with my red apron. Posters are on heavy duty cardstock, really nice. They were numbered out of #200 though and not out of #100 as advertised. My posters were in the low 60's so if they are going in numerical order, they seem to have plenty of stock left. Also, the dimensions on the site are incorrect, it says they are 18x20" but in fact they are 18x24" so don't go out and buy a frame before it arrives.

1 week later
    #9 5 years ago

Sooooooooo, what a frickin' nightmare buying the Dirty Donny posters......... long story.

so, i see this thread and though, cool, those posters are a nice deal, i'll grab two of them. Ohhhh, shipping $32us - oh well, that's basically shitloads. I'll sell one poster to someone in Canada and they can get a nice deal out of it also, this will work nicely for myself and another pinhead.

Get e-mail a while back saying its been shipped, blah, blah. Notifications saying duty may be applied. ok, well, we'll see, its only a $20 product (2 x $10 posters)

Get three emails saying delivery day last week, nobody ever came and kept getting, "ok new delivery date tomorrow" emails. Finally get a "missed your delivery" email this am. Saying couldn't collect fees... I'm like frig, cant collect? I checked my account each time and it never gave an amount so I figured it got through ok. I'm kind of pissed because I updated the delivery to drop at side door.

I call into UPS, (even though when I was checking item out, it said delivery through First class USPS, which I prefer) UPS sucks donkey balls coming into Canada. They say I have a $45+ bill still through them for brokerage and tax, I say tax should'y be more than $3-4 bucks on a $20 item. They say GST is $6+, im like well thats tax on over a 100 bucks??? She says the total is $128 canadian and they brokerage a % on that amount......i'm like, fuck I paid $20 for two friggin posters made in USA.... FFS, i gave her an earful and got off the phone.

I called into Stern, they said, yeah, we don't ship anything USPS, I said its on the checkout page on site! I say, I refuse to buy anything outside Canada that ships UPS, they are awful. She told me to refuse package and she will refund my money if I e-mail her back, she was very nice/proper to deal with anyway.

dang.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Sooooooooo, what a frickin' nightmare buying the Dirty Donny posters......... long story.
    so, i see this thread and though, cool, those posters are a nice deal, i'll grab two of them. Ohhhh, shipping $32us - oh well, that's basically shitloads. I'll sell one poster to someone in Canada and they can get a nice deal out of it also, this will work nicely for myself and another pinhead.
    Get e-mail a while back saying its been shipped, blah, blah. Notifications saying duty may be applied. ok, well, we'll see, its only a $20 product (2 x $10 posters)
    Get three emails saying delivery day last week, nobody ever came and kept getting, "ok new delivery date tomorrow" emails. Finally get a "missed your delivery" email this am. Saying couldn't collect fees... I'm like frig, cant collect? I checked my account each time and it never gave an amount so I figured it got through ok. I'm kind of pissed because I updated the delivery to drop at side door.
    I call into UPS, (even though when I was checking item out, it said delivery through First class USPS, which I prefer) UPS sucks donkey balls coming into Canada. They say I have a $45+ bill still through them for brokerage and tax, I say tax should'y be more than $3-4 bucks on a $20 item. They say GST is $6+, im like well thats tax on over a 100 bucks??? She says the total is $128 canadian and they brokerage a % on that amount......i'm like, fuck I paid $20 for two friggin posters made in USA.... FFS, i gave her an earful and got off the phone.
    I called into Stern, they said, yeah, we don't ship anything USPS, I said its on the checkout page on site! I say, I refuse to buy anything outside Canada that ships UPS, they are awful. She told me to refuse package and she will refund my money if I e-mail her back, she was very nice/proper to deal with anyway.
    dang.

That sucks. It's unfortunate the site isn't more user friendly. I had trouble with shipping in the US and I had to call the company that handles their order processing to put my order through too. I did let Zach know about the product description mismatch and Stern did update the dimensions on the poster and removed the limited number of #100 which was good to see though.

1 week later
    #11 5 years ago

Anyone order the metal light box to display translites?
    I did and Haven’t received the 2 I ordered. I did receive other items in the same order and was already charged for everything.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I did and Haven’t received the 2 I ordered. I did receive other items in the same order and was already charged for everything.

I ordered 3 as well a couple weeks back, nothing......sent a followup email a few days ago.....nothing.....

#13 5 years ago

I have a feeling they source those from another company. They are not something they could do in house. They probably order and drop ship them right from that company.

On a more amusing note, my friend just got his two Dirty Donny limited edition posters in the mail...

37592108_2245459345740347_4805421401760595968_n (resized).jpg37592108_2245459345740347_4805421401760595968_n (resized).jpg
    #14 5 years ago

Interesting....I just ordered one. Cool print either way but now we don’t really know how many truly exist. And we really have no way to know if DD numbered and signed them or if Stern printed extra hoping to squeeze some extra cash. I wouldn’t put it past Stern to do some dumb crap like that.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Interesting....I just ordered one. Cool print either way but now we don’t really know how many truly exist. And we really have no way to know if DD numbered and signed them or if Stern printed extra hoping to squeeze some extra cash. I wouldn’t put it past Stern to do some dumb crap like that.

I ordered 2 before my friend did and got #62 and #63 so who knows how the numbers work or if there is any true limited amount at all. Like you said, it's a cool poster so for $10 I don't really care either way.

1 week later
    #16 5 years ago

Ok, so........ been on vacay for 2 weeks, yeah, yeah, I know oh missed me too.

I come home this afternoon and this is laying on the ground near my house. It’s all wet, bent and effed up. It says it’s from stern, lol. I had canceled order and denied UPS a few weeks ago and have been refunded thankfully. I still got a sticky on door saying I owed 46$. Whatever, dumbass......
    So I open it up today, poster #64, #65 bent up twice, wet, packed shitty, thank goodness I denied parcel ages ago and didn’t pay the fee, they would have been
    Bent to shit anyway.

04195244-0E9F-4DA5-97DD-EDA6D7B79A04 (resized).jpeg04195244-0E9F-4DA5-97DD-EDA6D7B79A04 (resized).jpeg27DE6681-E66B-4ED7-98A4-E9BC6B3AA99F (resized).jpeg27DE6681-E66B-4ED7-98A4-E9BC6B3AA99F (resized).jpeg9A9E11A9-2F80-4795-93DA-CCABB205960A (resized).jpeg9A9E11A9-2F80-4795-93DA-CCABB205960A (resized).jpegC9AA9E3C-861E-41DA-9661-7EE03148CAA4 (resized).jpegC9AA9E3C-861E-41DA-9661-7EE03148CAA4 (resized).jpeg
    #17 5 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I ordered 2 as well. I contact stern and they said they won’t have any in till the 8th.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I ordered 2 as well. I contact stern and they said they won’t have any in till the 8th.

Thanks for the info - you would think Stern could tell us that without someone having to ask. They are great with communication.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Typical....when I called them last Thursday they said the 20th......hope your date is better than mine!

2 weeks later
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Typical....when I called them last Thursday they said the 20th......hope your date is better than mine!

I don’t know why I said the 8th but it was actually the 20th. Too much crap going on lately.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I don’t know why I said the 8th but it was actually the 20th. Too much crap going on lately.

No biggie.....either way Stern has charged my CC over 6 weeks ago and I have nothing to show for it!!!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Stern has charged my CC over 6 weeks ago and I have nothing to show for it!!!

I had no idea they were in the pre-order business. lol.

#23 5 years ago

This place has some interesting light boxes and this in particular sells just the actual box insert light panel.

https://www.blueriverdigital.com/lightboxes/LyteBlade-Econo-LED

#24 5 years ago

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

No biggie.....either way Stern has charged my CC over 6 weeks ago and I have nothing to show for it!!!

Ditto

#26 5 years ago

Translite frame update: since the last expected by date has just come and gone, I called and spoke with Stern concerning my order for 3 of these back from the first week of July. Still backordered, they are now expecting them to arrive in 4 weeks.......must be making them after the Star Wars topper is completed!

So Stern has now had full payment of this purchase for 7 weeks, and still can’t deliver......

#27 5 years ago

Interesting, the metal lightbox has completely vanished from Stern's shop. Even the link to it I originally posted goes to nothing now. That sucks if they stop offering it, as it is a fantastic product...when it eventually shows up.

Also, looks like they got rid of blue and red aprons as well and only have orange and purple now. Red and blue are not an option anymore and the picture has been changed to remove them. That's a shame too. I have red on Wrestlemania and had blue on my X-Men Pro and they look great.

1 week later
    #28 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Interesting, the metal lightbox has completely vanished from Stern's shop. Even the link to it I originally posted goes to nothing now. That sucks if they stop offering it, as it is a fantastic product...when it eventually shows up.
    Also, looks like they got rid of blue and red aprons as well and only have orange and purple now. Red and blue are not an option anymore and the picture has been changed to remove them. That's a shame too. I have red on Wrestlemania and had blue on my X-Men Pro and they look great.

I ordered 3 of these on your head's up thread here, on 8/21/18. Glad I got the order in, in time. So far, zero acknowledgement/communication except the initial receipt email and that the product comes from Sullivan Group not Stern.

#29 5 years ago

Last time 10 days ago Stern said Sept 20th was the ship date. A month earlier it was August 20th. They must be getting shipped to them in the same container as the Star Wars Topper.....

#30 5 years ago

Assuming these light boxes fit only a Stern translite dimension, does anybody know the dimensions of a Stern translite? Currently I do not have a Stern translite yet. I want to measure my Williams/Bally translites to see if they will fit in addition to the Sterns I will be getting. Thanks!

#31 5 years ago

Ok, I found LesManley's post on Pinside 4 years ago with the Stern translite dimensions:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dimensions-of-stern-star-trek-translite

#32 5 years ago

Are the translites frames only available for Stern DMD era translites? I don't see an option or separate listing for an LCD era frame.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are the translites frames only available for Stern DMD era translites? I don't see an option or separate listing for an LCD era frame.

LesManley posted a framed Tron Legacy translite which he said is 25 3/4 X 18 3/4, with not much room for bigger translites. Smaller ones won't fit. I have no idea what the LCD era translite dimensions are, maybe someone can post them.

#34 5 years ago

I missed the 50 dollar node board specials. Hopefully, they will restock.

#35 5 years ago

My IJ TPA (Wide body Williams) translite is 26 5/8 X 18 1/2
    My NBAFB (Bally) translite is 26 X 18
    Stern DMD translites appear to be 25 3/4 X 18 3/4 acoording to LesManley.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Assuming these light boxes fit only a Stern translite dimension, does anybody know the dimensions of a Stern translite? Currently I do not have a Stern translite yet. I want to measure my Williams/Bally translites to see if they will fit in addition to the Sterns I will be getting. Thanks!

I opened mine up to check it out and it looks like there isn't a lot of wiggle room in there foe slightly different dimensions.

IMAG1502 (resized).jpgIMAG1502 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #37 5 years ago

Anybody have feedback on when the lighted frames will be shipped? My order has been zero com since I placed it a month ago...

1 week later
    #38 5 years ago

Just talked to Stern 10 minutes ago: They are still waiting to receive the translite frames!!! When I asked about why this is keep getting delayed, according to the lady at Stern they are trying to line up a different supplier as the previous supplier was to expensive and would have required them to go back and charge us more!!!! They are still in negotiations with a supplier and hope to have them soon.......wow!!!!

To this day I have gotten ZERO calls or emails from Stern about the delays, only found out things by calling myself and given delivery dates that have been missed 3 times now.....poor customer service at best! I'm cancelling my order now and contacting my CC issuer...

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Just talked to Stern 10 minutes ago: They are still waiting to receive the translite frames!!! When I asked about why this is keep getting delayed, according to the lady at Stern they are trying to line up a different supplier as the previous supplier was to expensive and would have required them to go back and charge us more!!!! They are still in negotiations with a supplier and hope to have them soon.......wow!!!!
    To this day I have gotten ZERO calls or emails from Stern about the delays, only found out things by calling myself and given delivery dates that have been missed 3 times now.....poor customer service at best! I'm cancelling my order now and contacting my CC issuer...

I do have to say I was shocked when I saw they were only listed at $99.99 in the store, especially when a little custom shooter rod is $70. When I got mine, I figured if they ever sold them, they would be $150-200+. Hopefully everyone gets their's sooner than later, it really is a nice product.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks for the feedback/update. Hopefully the quality with a new supplier is the same as the one LesManley has.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

I think I am going to do the same. Sort of ridiculous.

2 weeks later
    #42 5 years ago

Anybody have any update news about the lighted translight frames and delivery or cancellation of back orders by Stern? 2 months after taking my money there's still no word from Stern..

#43 5 years ago

Anybody have any update news about the lighted translight frames and delivery or cancellation of back orders by Stern? 2 months after taking my money there's still no word from Stern..

Just make your own light box like I did. It was cheap and not too hard to make

#44 5 years ago

No, no update. I even asked for refund and got no response back from Stern.

1 week later
    #45 5 years ago

Does anyone have the dimensions for Stern's LCD era translite?

Thanks,
    Adam.

#46 5 years ago

Bump for any updates on the lighted frames...Anybody know anything? Going on my 3rd month since Stern took my money.

1 week later
    #47 5 years ago

Bump for any updates on the lighted frames...Anybody know anything? Going on my 4th month since Stern took my money. Has this become unobtanium?

#48 5 years ago

Bump for any updates on the lighted frames...Anybody know anything? Going on my 4th month since Stern took my money. Has this become unobtanium?

I was told December.

#49 5 years ago

how did stern think it is a good idea to sell (take money) for a product they don't even have?

#50 5 years ago

Likely ship when the Stern Kickstarter book does. What a nightmare.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-new-cool-products-amp-discounts-at-stern-store and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.