(Topic ID: 170334)

Some like it hot! The official 1964 Williams Heat Wave Club!

By EM-PINMAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1550.jpeg
DSCN8254 (resized).JPG
IMG_2540.JPG
IMG_2541.JPG
IMG_2540 (resized).JPG
DSC01430 (resized).JPG
IMG_2538.JPG
IMG_0361.JPG
DSC01422 (resized).JPG
000-pins81 (resized).jpg
000-pins3 (resized).jpg
000-pins2 (resized).jpg
000-pins (resized).jpg
DSCN5002 (resized).JPG
DSCN5000 (resized).JPG
Angry Sun (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballprowess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Interesting is that I have a different style target face on mine but it looks original. I wonder if the early and later production models had different target faces?

This is just a substitute drop target someone used to replace the one that probably broke on your game at one time. It was used on a few Williams games... such as Teacher's Pet, Merry Widow and Eager Beaver.

Original should be the sun face.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have a Heat Wave that came with a broken backglass. Thanks to pinballprowess I now have a perfect reproduction done who knows when, by who knows who. But it is very nice! Thank you sir!

Hey... you're welcome, o-din.

Glad I could help out.

And I just 'knew' Marti Sperling did the glass... but that's not the case, as I just talked to Keith Sperling.

So after crossing Wade Krause off the list too, I don't know 'who' did it now. But maybe I'll see Greg Pruitt at one of the shows (hopefully the Alameda show in November) and can ask him, he's the guy that sold it to me at a Pin a Go Go show and was more than likely the one who had the glass done, way back when.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Maybe Ron Webb? I wish he'd keep an archive of the glasses he's done. Once they are sold out they disappear from the list.

See, that's the thing... if Ron did the glass, chances are he would have used Marti to do it.

Sure appears to be her work, as it is just amazing looking. Line art, colors... everything.

Wish all the repros looked like this.

Still surprised her or Wade DIDN'T do it.

At any rate, now o-din AND me have nice glasses for a truly great game.

Yaaay!

And will keep fingers crossed that Shay does do this glass, so that 'everyone' that needs it can have one too!!

8 months later
#40 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I used RUST-OLEUM "Gloss Cherry" Item #248568 available at Home Depot. Almost a perfect match in color.
So was your tape destroyed?
The tape on mine is fine but the paint keeps wanting to crack off in places even though I sanded. cleaned, and primed. Thinking if it does not hold to use a cherry nylon ribbon tape like you would use to wrap a gift, would most likely work great and just glue it to the metal tape, no more paint cracking when the tape bends. Most likely it should be good for a while so I will consider it maybe next time if the paint cracks off.
Just created a new Replay Card tonight from Card Stock, easy peesy, and I changed the scores to my liking of difficulty 2600, 3200, 3800, and 4200. If that gets too easy i'll change them again.
Ken

I had to redo the temperature tape on my Heat Wave not that long ago... and the two items that work well for this particular application are PLASTI DIP by Performix... or FLEXiDIP by RUST-OLEUM.

I believe I liked the color match (and texture) of the RUST-OLEUM product the best and ended up using that because it was closest to the original.

These are the products to use because they can handle the constant bending and straightening the tape endures when in use. I have seen no evidence of flaking off or even cracking, at least of the particular one I chose.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballprowess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-like-it-hot-the-official-1964-williams-heat-wave-club?tu=pinballprowess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.