(Topic ID: 170334)

Some like it hot! The official 1964 Williams Heat Wave Club!

By EM-PINMAN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1550.jpeg
DSCN8254 (resized).JPG
IMG_2540.JPG
IMG_2541.JPG
IMG_2540 (resized).JPG
DSC01430 (resized).JPG
IMG_2538.JPG
IMG_0361.JPG
DSC01422 (resized).JPG
000-pins81 (resized).jpg
000-pins3 (resized).jpg
000-pins2 (resized).jpg
000-pins (resized).jpg
DSCN5002 (resized).JPG
DSCN5000 (resized).JPG
Angry Sun (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

What we have two clubs now?! How popular can we get?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heat-wave-club-blow-your-top

#3 7 years ago

My playfield is in nice shape! Just a few flipper wear spots that have been painted over. Backglass would be welcome.

I have experimented with making a new thermometer, but my spring steel at 0.005" was too thick. Need to go 0.003" or even 0.002", I'll get back to that project sometime soon.

What I could use is a new "Sun" drop target, I wonder if anyone's is in good enough shape to get the original artwork.

#10 7 years ago

Found a pretty good image of the original drop target here:

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/elcapitansammy/library/heat%20wave/

Let's see if anyone has a drop target with the missing artwork to fill in the blanks so to speak.

#14 7 years ago

It does talk about ceasing sales of "Bally/Williams Trademarked" products -- which would not include plastic sets (which perhaps are protected by copyright still but not trademark).

8 months later
#35 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Can anyone take a good picture/scan of your Heat Wave "replay/point adjustment jack/plug wire color chart" in the back of the Head? Mine is missing and need to create another one.
TIA.
Ken

One of these is a scan but couldn't scan the entire thing due to where the label is placed. The other is a pretty head-on photo. Between the two I think you can make a good reproduction.
IMG_2538.JPGIMG_2538.JPG
IMG_0361.JPGIMG_0361.JPG

#37 6 years ago

What kind of paint did you use for the tape?

I am finally getting spring steel shipped to recreate the tape.

If you need anything else for the replay card let me know.

#42 6 years ago

My chart is for six colours, as I mentioned the scanner could not get the top of the chart due to the bezel.
I think some of the plugs have another wire daisy-chained off it. You can always do trial & error to see which is which!

My wires are faded worse than yours, I don't have anything that still looks blue.

IMG_2540.JPGIMG_2540.JPG
IMG_2541.JPGIMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2540 (resized).JPGIMG_2540 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#52 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heat-wave-thermometer-anyone-made-a-new-one

I sprayed it with Krylon Fusion paint thinking that, because it was for plastic, it would be somewhat flexible. So far so good but it is not battle proven yet.

If you want I can make one for you send me a PM.

2 weeks later
#53 6 years ago

Spent some time yesterday addressing weak red pop bumpers. They were either weak, or just stuttering and getting locked on.
All of the bumpers have had the PBR rebuild kits applied.

The problem was the large (tungsten?) contacts that carry power to fire the bumper solenoids.

First they were dirty! I wrapped some 400 grit sandpaper around a file and cleaned them up ensuring that they were flat and clean.
Second, one of the contacts was loose on the leaf switch. I removed the blade from the switch stack, taped it face-down to a small metal block and re-peened it to the leaf switch with a few gentle hammer taps.

After reassembly it is working great and makes the pop cluster much more lively. Must help my scoring, I got 4600+ on a game which is one of my best scores ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-like-it-hot-the-official-1964-williams-heat-wave-club?tu=dr_nybble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.