Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D6751D33-A91C-446B-833B-A3D0C492805C (resized).JPG
20170530_192745 (resized).jpg
3E21A03F-EFD2-43EC-8B18-5126F543DEDA (resized).JPG
image-49 (resized).jpg
oplayfield_issue (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soulrider911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Well I ordered a new stern POTC PF - NEW Not a factory blem - and look what I got lol. The screen print is way off, and its most noticeable on the shooter lane where the black pinstripe on the left portion does not exist.

SO frustrating, and these things are not cheap. I mean id be ok with this if it was a factory blem and priced accordingly... but trying to sell as new!?, what a joke. Thats like selling a car as new, even though the paint had orange peel, and bubbles in it. cmon

oplayfield_issue (resized).jpgoplayfield_issue (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Hougie Yup from http://www.bayareaamusements.com/ called them 3 times to ensure they where NEW. The lady on the phone says, "you can pay us 50.00 to send you pictures of a few so you can choose, or you just get what we send you" lol... really sounds like a yard sale to me, quality amazes me these days..

#5 6 years ago

I have to say I'm very impressed with the customer service at bay are pinball.com they have been great and to my surprise extremely punctual, which is much appreciated as I can't do much at this point u till I get the playfield. I paid 50 for what the call playfield assurance, and they then pick the best one out of what they have ( this whole process seems odd to me but whatever ) and send it out to me. Got pics and looks great, so new one on the way

#8 6 years ago

Rdoyle1978 ya? Here is my take... I think they have factory blems, and are selling then as "new now playfields" so what u end up with is really the luck of the draw, unless you pay addition 50... check this http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-POTC830-5100-92

#9 6 years ago

jahbarron there where some other minor imperfections in the screen print, few wrinkles... which honestly I would have cared less about, it was the shooter lane that I just couldn't live with

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

The clear on this one does not seem super thick either.

No it was not at all, i could feel the wood in hthe ball groove, not good at all

#13 6 years ago

jwilson I do, and amazingly looks like mine came similarly from the factory, just Sterns lack of quality i believe.

#24 6 years ago

Also Toasterdog I would have just enjoyed it... but as soon as i got it home two bumpers literally broke, the ball release for the ship hit was getting stuck, and the chest was not functioning correctly, so the further I dug the more i found, and I needed a project anyhow, I enjoy this stuff.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

the good ol days, when playfields didn't have artwork in the shooter lane, I miss woodgrain shooter lanes.....

100% agree, and im a newb lol, let the wood shine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 218.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soulrider911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-high-quality-playfield-screen-printingnot?tu=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.