6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have some difficulties in rebuilding my MM flipper bats. They feel weak and also they feel as if they would have not been placed in their proper orientation. I do can hit the ball with strength if I press the flipper buttons sufficently, but especially when the ball comes down and I should hit them back, usually the flippers are too weak at that situation.

The metal flipper brackets I have there are repros, C-16103-R and C-16103-L. To me the flipper bats do not have the same space to move with these repro brackets than with original Williams brackets B-13104-L and B-13104-R. I could bend the part where the stop-rubber is slightly upwards, but I'd rather find a NOS Williams bracket instead - if that is the problem here. But where to get NOS ones or better repros?

I shot two videos: first video is about the flipper bats of my MM and how they move. You can compare them to the ones in my CC.
To me it looks like they do not have that much space to move as those in my CC.

The second video is taken underside the playfield. I have changed the coils to somewhat weaker than what they were, the reason was that earlier the flipper bats were very strong and I had to dampen them down a bit. Now they again are much too weak.

Please help me in determining how should I fix this rebuild - thanks!

#3 6 years ago

I had some wrong settings there, sorry, now it should work!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I think it was posted elsewhere that there is a difference in plunger travel distance on the reproduction brackets.
But also keep in mind, there are two, if not three different Coil Stops heights which will also change the amount of plunger travel.
Make sure your flipper cranks have the right amount of clearance from the flipper bushings (That white plastic fork you find inside some games or manual packs is the feeler gauge for remounting the crank on the flipper shaft). There should be a small amount of up and down rattle from the crank to the bushing. Too little and it will bind. Too much and the plunger sags and does not enter the coil sleeve in a parallel motion.

Thanks! I just made a notch on some old membership card that I had and used it make the clearance.
And yes, it was posted that the reproduction brackets have different travels - I just need to find a version that is similar to the original bracket.
I will have to investigate the coil stops, if there would be one that would provide more travel.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it seem harder to push the flippers in on MM compared to CC? The speed with which they return after you release them makes me wonder if the return spring isn't too strong.

I tried - when looking from the top of the playfield, it is equally difficult to push the right flipper of CC up in comparison the flippers at MM. But the left flipper on CC goes up without much effort. It seems that there are different return springs in place.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Tall stop: A-12390 used on games 08/1993 to 06/1999
Med Stop: A-12111 used on games 02/1988 to 04/1993
Short stop: A-10821 used on Lasercue to Space Station.
The taller the stop, the less travel you will get.
Info courtesy of Pinball Life (dates) and The Pinball Resource (height).

My coil stops are from the rebuild kits, so they are the tall ones.
Perhaps I should order those short stops to compensate for the brackets. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-help-needed-to-get-a-better-flipper-rebuildwpc95?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.