Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lahey_1 (resized).JPG
    Happy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 5 years ago

I have an idea. How about people buy whatever the F*ck they want to since its their money that they worked hard for and earned? If you like old games the best then buy old games, if you like NIB games the best then buy NIB. The anger toward people buying a new pinball machine and sterns price increases is F*ing childish and stupid as hell. I got six new Sterns and im hoping The Munsters will be my 7th new Stern. Anyone who doesnt like that can eat a Dick! Its my money and i work my ass off for it and i will buy whatever i want to. Im not happy about Sterns price increases and the cost of NIB games either, and they just about have me priced out so i wont be buying many more NIB games, but im not on here crying about it constantly like some people are either. It is what it is, some people need to get a life and mind their own business. I just love it when people tell me how i should spend my money, good grief!

#45 5 years ago

Oh yeah and when i bought my first new car when i started driving they were about 10k, now they are 30,40, and 50k for an average car.......waaaaaaaaa! I could buy food alot cheaper back then also.......waaaaaaaaa, houses were a fraction of the cost back then too...........waaaaaaaaaaa. Stop the crying and man up!!!

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure why some of you get so upset about this stuff. Hobbies cost money, in this hobby you can at least get a good % of your money back at anytime. Don't like the price? Just don't buy them anymore.
    Some of you are so obsessed with buying new games that everything gets blown out of proportion. You act like the manufacturers are holding you at gun point. These are luxury adult toys, none of this matters.

Exactly.....i like all pinball games personally but i tend to like the new ones better. If i wanna go buy a 600 dollar EM then thats what i will go buy and if i wanna fo buy a 6k stern pro then I’ll buy that too. It’s my money and I’ll buy whatever i want to and i dont give a crap what anyone thinks about it. If you buy an EM for 600 some people will say you’re an idiot and that you wasted your money, if you buy a 6k stern pro people will say your an idiot also so you really just cant win no matter what. For me personally, if im gonna spend 3-4k on an older used game, id rather throw in another 1500-2000 and get a brand new game that is more fun and has a deeper rule set.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Show us on the doll where the bad man touched you and told you how to spend your monies

Sorry, i just get sick of people’s obsessions with certain things that they cant seem to never let go of, especially when its none of their business.

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Mmmmmmmmm, that shit sandwich is going to taste real good soon

How did the shit sandwich taste that came with the new GOT that you just bought?

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

You got a limited shit sandwich then, do they come with more shit or less?

They come with more shit for sure. Iceman had to pull his sarcophagus lock out like 10 times on his new IMDNLE and his BM66 turntable had to be pulled when it wrapped all the wires around it and ate them. He even had to replace some of the wiring i believe so yeah them LE’s are definitely loaded with a lot more poop! He kinda deserved that one though because he was making fun of KPG for all the trouble that he was having with his Ghostbusters game. That was karma at its finest there.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please stop calling them “adult toys.”
    Y’all sound like a bunch of dildos.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Funny thing is i could probably sell those two for a profit right now. But after the shit sandwich i ate getting those working 100% they are my two favorite games along with Alien of course!
    I guess i get why people whine about pricing, like everything else, that seems to be what a lot of people do on everything, whine and complain.
    If it makes yourself feel better then knock yourselves out but it really is kind of irrelevant to everybody else here that are buying and enjoying these new pinball machines.
    It's kind of like hey,"look at how smart i am, i won't buy nib anymore, you guys that do are F ing idiots"
    Nobody gives a shit what you think. Got it?

Lol exactly iceman! Heck i know that i paid too much money for all of my games but after a rough week of work and im on my day off, i pop open a cold one and turn all my games on and start playing them and i could give a shit less! I thoroughly enjoy this hobby and you cant put a price on something that makes you happy. Also at least with this hobby you can get most of your money back. Its the only hobby I’ve ever had that i can say that about truthfully. Try racing cars and see how much money you piss away lol. Heck i dont even regret that though because i had alot of good times. Fun things usually cost alot of money, its that simple.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You guys are Awesome!

So are you Art and if the opportunity ever arises we need to play some pinball together buddy! I love your passion for the hobby.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill Party and Play until they bury me in a Cab

Any particular brand of cab you would like Art? My luck i would get one of those splitting cabs and i would end up being worm food.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I knew someone would bring it up, so here is my answer:
    My future Mrs. wanted GoT, so I bought it because she showed an interest in it, and now it has gotten her so into pinball it is unreal. She loves talking machines, deciding where they are going to go, how many more we can get, which games have the coolest toys, most interaction, themes she likes, and best value for the buck. That in turn got my 5 yr old stepson into it, and now he loves playing and helping me work on them.
    I have no problem at all telling you I didn't want to buy a Stern machine; I don't feel you don't get enough game for what you pay. GoT was no different - ok - I get a sword ball lock and a solenoid that fires the ball from the dragon to the flippers. And of course, Stern's signature feature, a bash-toy in the form of the battering ram. No real interactive, cutting-edge features - but she wanted it, she showed an interest in my hobby, and so I said what the heck - let's do it.
    So if that's my shit sandwich, fine. My family and I enjoy the hobby together whether it be me, either of them with me or all three of us together. $5000 with shipping included was well worth the price of bringing my loved ones into this hobby, and as people proudly proclamate here: "I put my time in working so many hours I can do what I want with my hard earned money and no one else can tell me otherwise!"
    With $6000 NIB prices coming next year - about $300 shy of what WoZ was in 2013 with FAR better QA and features packed in, one shit sandwich is enough for me. Don't need a shit shake and shit fries to complete my shit meal. The winds of shit are coming this way.
    [quoted image]

Dude, it's about the fact that as NIB prices go up, all the old and used games on the used market does too. It's a ripple effect, and it affects the hobby as a whole. Its not about "being smart so haha" buncha butthurt crap some people here spew. The higher prices jack all machines up here. You think it's sheer coincidence that DM, JM, JP, LAH, TFTC, WCS, and others have all gone up with NIB prices constantly going up? It's because people are getting price out, and so people that used to be able to afford NIB are now hitting the used market, and those prices go up too. It's so obvious, yet, let's turn a blind eye to it because "pinball!!!"

I guess i just dont understand the argument. Almost everything goes up in price and especially things that are hot items. Companies are going to get as much money out of the consumer as they can whether is be a candy bar, a new car, or a pinball machine. I don't like it anymore than you and im getting close to not buying anymore myself but im not angry about it.

These pinball companies will eventually get bit in the ass due to their price increases and then they have two options. They either fold because they cant make the profit that they need to make or they will get humbled and start kissing our asses with better prices. Im not mad at them or the people who buy their products by any means. Not many items that you purchase are really worth the money, thats just life.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You're right, and I guess I just get frustrated. It irritates me to see a company just raising prices capriciously. I hate seeing people getting priced out - to include me and others here. In the end, if I'm not going to support them anyways, maybe the best thing I can do is pull a Frozen and "let it go".
    Sorry for the vents. Carry on : ).

Yeah it irritates me also, especially when they raise prices and cut features at the same time, thats like getting kicked in the nuts twice. The good thing is there are still lots of great older games out there at reasonable prices that are a hell of alot of fun.

I wanted to put new games in my basement since i recently kind of remodeled it, but ive got some plans in mind for some older games as well in the future. Some of the old EM's are dirt cheap and they are fun as hell and many other older games. There are several older games that i would love to own and be able to play once in awhile for nostalgic reasons. This pinball hobby is a sickness and that's why we pay crazy money for games that we want i guess.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-extra-love-for-stern-now?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.