Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lahey_1 (resized).JPG
    Happy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about being the only company selling full-featured commercial pinball machines for under $6,000, while putting out several new games a year and not stealing anybody's money

For now. What is DP.....$5800?

Two releases from it happening. Next year this community is shelling out $6000 for a pro.

Putting that into perspective, I paid $6200 for TWD Prem, in 2016.

Mmmmmmmmm, that shit sandwich is going to taste real good soon .

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

[quoted image]

It's a metaphor D:.....!!!!

I buy B/W games that didn't have a rigged 3 tier system where today's Premium is 2003's LOTR.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What shit sandwich? Levi isn't wrong about the value of Stern games, even if they creep above his $6000 price point.
    Nobody is matching Stern on the value you get for a Pro game.

The sandwich is what you're paying for what you're getting. When you consider 4 short years ago, a NIB was $4200-$4400, dude, I dont know the ins and outs of the craft, but I fail to believe BOMs are going up that much that fast.

You are REALLY ready to pay $6000 for the basic, baseline, feature cut version of a game?

Sorry, I'm happy buying the older games with many more features for less.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

How did the shit sandwich taste that came with the new GOT that you just bought?

I knew someone would bring it up, so here is my answer:

My future Mrs. wanted GoT, so I bought it because she showed an interest in it, and now it has gotten her so into pinball it is unreal. She loves talking machines, deciding where they are going to go, how many more we can get, which games have the coolest toys, most interaction, themes she likes, and best value for the buck. That in turn got my 5 yr old stepson into it, and now he loves playing and helping me work on them.

I have no problem at all telling you I didn't want to buy a Stern machine; I don't feel you don't get enough game for what you pay. GoT was no different - ok - I get a sword ball lock and a solenoid that fires the ball from the dragon to the flippers. And of course, Stern's signature feature, a bash-toy in the form of the battering ram. No real interactive, cutting-edge features - but she wanted it, she showed an interest in my hobby, and so I said what the heck - let's do it.

So if that's my shit sandwich, fine. My family and I enjoy the hobby together whether it be me, either of them with me or all three of us together. $5000 with shipping included was well worth the price of bringing my loved ones into this hobby, and as people proudly proclamate here: "I put my time in working so many hours I can do what I want with my hard earned money and no one else can tell me otherwise!"

With $6000 NIB prices coming next year - about $300 shy of what WoZ was in 2013 with FAR better QA and features packed in, one shit sandwich is enough for me. Don't need a shit shake and shit fries to complete my shit meal. The winds of shit are coming this way.

lahey_1 (resized).JPGlahey_1 (resized).JPG

Quoted from iceman44:

Funny thing is i could probably sell those two for a profit right now. But after the shit sandwich i ate getting those working 100% they are my two favorite games along with Alien of course!
    I guess i get why people whine about pricing, like everything else, that seems to be what a lot of people do on everything, whine and complain.
    If it makes yourself feel better then knock yourselves out but it really is kind of irrelevant to everybody else here that are buying and enjoying these new pinball machines.
    It's kind of like hey,"look at how smart i am, i won't buy nib anymore, you guys that do are F ing idiots"
    Nobody gives a shit what you think. Got it?

Dude, it's about the fact that as NIB prices go up, all the old and used games on the used market does too. It's a ripple effect, and it affects the hobby as a whole. Its not about "being smart so haha" buncha butthurt crap some people here spew. The higher prices jack all machines up here. You think it's sheer coincidence that DM, JM, JP, LAH, TFTC, WCS, and others have all gone up with NIB prices constantly going up? It's because people are getting price out, and so people that used to be able to afford NIB are now hitting the used market, and those prices go up too. It's so obvious, yet, let's turn a blind eye to it because "pinball!!!"

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Woz was 6,500 preorder, with years they took to get machines to people, all while blowing smoke about timelines, lying again and again. When I decided to try to get a refund from Jack after 2++ years of waiting, he told me to go sell my spot.
    Talk about shit sammy.
    And as for quality, if you got that low price on wiz, you now need 2.0 light boards, with a couple days of labor, and about another K in price now?
    Not a good comparison IMO, not to mention comparing 2013 price to 2019.

I'll accept this possibility. I didn't take all of that into consideration.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Are you drunk posting again Ice?

Funny. I was wondering the same thing : ).

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess i just dont understand the argument. Almost everything goes up in price and especially things that are hot items. Companies are going to get as much money out of the consumer as they can whether is be a candy bar, a new car, or a pinball machine. I don't like it anymore than you and im getting close to not buying anymore myself but im not angry about it.
    These pinball companies will eventually get bit in the ass due to their price increases and then they have two options. They either fold because they cant make the profit that they need to make or they will get humbled and start kissing our asses with better prices. Im not mad at them or the people who buy their products by any means. Not many items that you purchase are really worth the money, thats just life.

You're right, and I guess I just get frustrated. It irritates me to see a company just raising prices capriciously. I hate seeing people getting priced out - to include me and others here. In the end, if I'm not going to support them anyways, maybe the best thing I can do is pull a Frozen and "let it go".

Sorry for the vents. Carry on : ).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-extra-love-for-stern-now?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.