(Topic ID: 291701)

Some entertainment while working on your pins

By bigdaddy07

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2 The Queen Protocol - Audiobook (resized).jpg
    1 Tolagon Audiobook (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I enjoy books, but I seem to have a diminishing amount of downtime (or quiet time) to get through one efficiently. My reading time is mostly during those sleepless hours in the middle of the night, which was the only time my mind was settled enough to read something non-work related. In recent years, I've started listening to audiobooks to get my fix while I’m commuting to work. However, now that (like many people) I’m working from home, I don’t even have that time. So, I’ve been listening to audiobooks when modding, cleaning, or repairing my games. It helps break up the tedium and, at times, the frustration of your work. I’m sure some of you are already doing this.

So, here’s an opportunity to support a fellow Pinsider (me ) and make working on your pins a little extra enjoyable! I have a science fiction/fantasy audiobook out on Amazon/Audible - Tolagon. My professionally narrated audiobook for Tolagon was just released two weeks ago, and the sequel, The Queen Protocol, is currently in production. I’d expect it to be ready sometime in late May.

For those interested, I have a limited number of Audible promo codes for a complimentary copy I can give away, provided you are willing to leave an honest review on Amazon when you’re finished. Just send me a PM. I would love to hear the community’s thoughts/feedback (good or bad).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0914R3YRP/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_J422K948MNBPPEX81699

Thank you!

Side note - I realized that once I wrote this post and read over it a few times, one of the first questions people will have is, “so you found time to write a book series?” Haha, yes, I would have the same thought. The truth is, I’ve sacrificed much of my reading time for writing over the years (I’m embarrassed to say how many). Yet another great benefit of audiobooks!

1 Tolagon Audiobook (resized).jpg1 Tolagon Audiobook (resized).jpg2 The Queen Protocol - Audiobook (resized).jpg2 The Queen Protocol - Audiobook (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Sunday bump for anyone interested in a supercool free audiobook!

I worked in my backyard yesterday for a few hours with my phone in my pocket, listening to 'The Stand' by the great Steven King. I'm no Steven King, but if you like sci-fi/fantasy, I think there's a good possibility you'll enjoy my series.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-entertainment-while-working-on-your-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.