(Topic ID: 180572)

Some Embryon switches not being recognized

By iron00monkey

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

The switches on the slingshots have not worked since I've had the machine. I put a new connector on J3 of the solenoid driver board because it was hacked, and now more of the switches are not being recognized. Switches 1,8,28,29,31,32,34,35, and 36 are not being recognized. This includes the outhole switch, and a number of stand-up target switches. I've tried the working Alltek MPU, SDB, and lamp driver boards from my Flash Gordon, and still the same switches aren't recognized. Any ideas on where I should be looking? I'm getting confused. Is J3 on the solenoid board related to switches at all? All the solenoids test good on the solenoid test. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 7 years ago

have you tried re-doing the female connecters?

#3 7 years ago

Yes, both male & female connectors were redone

Thanks for the help

#4 7 years ago

j2 and j3 on the mpu should be connectors for switch matrix

#5 7 years ago

Ok. Should I try rebuilding those? My logical mind wants to believe that something is up with the j3 I rebuilt on the sdb, because the problem happened after I rebuilt it. Thank you!

#6 7 years ago

Makes since, then if you didn't have a problem before, do you have a manual?
I would double check each wire to make sure they are on the correct pin, and that there is continuity to the wire's destination.
in other words no open circuit.

#7 7 years ago

Yes, have the manual. J3 on the solenoid driver board checks out ok. No open circuit.

I'll have to order the connector for j2 connecter for the mpu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-embryon-switches-not-being-recognized and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.