3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poooop (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Working on my Diner. Trying to figure out why the Clock and Dine Time flashers are not working in the backbox. The Dine time flasher works in the playfield.

All fuses are good. The game has LED flashers installed (not by me). The manual calls for #89 bulbs but what's in there is wedge type bases for #906 bulbs. Not sure if the manual is wrong or someone converted them over? Anyways, I tested D42 and it's ok. I checked the resistors on the interconnect board and they are ok. I checked for power at the bulb sockets and am getting 39.5 DCV. Not sure if that's what it's supposed to be? The one flasher behind the name "Diner" in the backbox works, same setup. Q30 is working because the knocker works and Q22 is working because the playfield Dine Time flasher is working. Running out of ideas fast.

poooop (resized).jpgpoooop (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Was doing some more searching and found that maybe I have to use diodes when installing LED flashers?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramrod2:

The game has LED flashers installed (not by me). The manual calls for #89 bulbs but what's in there is wedge type bases for #906 bulbs.

Have you tried reversing the led in the socket?

#4 3 years ago

Ive tried swapping them around to different sockets but not necessarily flipping them around. I have some good old incandescent #906 bulbs on the way. Going to eliminate the LEDs as a problem and go from there but will certainly give that a try!

#5 3 years ago

I bet it is failed fire resistors on the interconnect board. Very common problem on that family of games. Check the big white resistors on that board with your multimeter. I bet a couple have failed.

#6 3 years ago

I've tested those resistors and all are ok. I now have one working Clock flasher after flipping the LED bulbs around in their sockets 180 degrees. Gonna wait for the standard #906's to come in the mail and see. Swapping from socket to socket is not eliminating any specific bulb but I dunno if they got ruined from all the swapping different ways or not (if that's possible??)

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramrod2:

Swapping from socket to socket is not eliminating any specific bulb but I dunno if they got ruined from all the swapping different ways or not (if that's possible??)

Sometimes you have to spread the wire leads on the led flasher bulbs so they form a V instead of I I straight wires.

#8 3 years ago

I've put regular incandescent bulbs in and all flashers work. Gonna bin the led flashers for now.

#9 3 years ago

You need to remove the grounds from the flasher boards under the playfield to have LED flashers work on system 11 games. Or cut the warming resistors.
    Lots of threads about it.
    Without that mod they will stick on and burn out. Or be slightly on all the time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-diner-flashers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.