You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
IMG_0582 (resized).JPG
IMG_0581 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

I bought a Who Dunnit machine in very nice shape the other day, it's my first dot matrix machine (I've had about 10 system 11b's and wanted to try something new). Now it turns out that the GI on this machine has 5 fuses and places where the playfield could light up. For some reason (however the fuses are fine) I can't get the back part of the GI to burn. All the cables seem fine as well.

What is a place where I can look for to figure out this problem?

I'm quite the noob at technical stuff but I really want to get more expertised on it. So all help will be fantastic!

cheers,

Harrolf

IMG_0581 (resized).JPGIMG_0581 (resized).JPGIMG_0582 (resized).JPGIMG_0582 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

You wanna learn? Find the manual for that game. Then do a Search for your issue and you will get it fixed.

#3 4 years ago

I had issues with this on a Hurricane and this single link helped me through the whole thing: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems

I had issues with J115 being burnt and some traces being burnt as well. I rebuilt it and it works great now. You'll get it! This is a very common issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-dead-gi-on-who-dunnit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.