(Topic ID: 258820)

Some days the pinball gods smile upon us!

By dyopp21

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by dyopp21
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F36A9AF1-B157-45F3-9293-512B88CE115D (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

And today is one of those days...

Got a call this afternoon from a guy that used to be my neighbor. Haven’t talked to him a couple years so I was surprised to hear from him.

He says, “Hey, we are about to move out of our current office building, and they told us we could have anything in the building. Well there is a pinball machine in the break room. You want it?”

Without even asking what title it was, “Why, yes. Yes I do...”

“Ok, well it’s an old X Files machine. Not sure how well it works. We can go out this weekend and pick it up.”

Out of my collection this is the second machine I’ve gotten for free. The first was a Sonic Butterfly. I LOVE it when pinball pays us back a little for the effort! I’ll post a pic of it when I go to pick it up. Don’t really care what shape it’s in. It’s free.

#2 6 months ago

Congrats on another free pin!

Would be nice to see a few pics before you load it up.

#3 6 months ago

Pinball win!

#4 6 months ago

Today at 1:30 I’m supposed to pick it up. Will see what kind of condition it’s in soon... (I’m expecting 3 bent legs, acid damaged mpu and lots of bare wood on the PF)

No way it’ll be in the same condition as the free Butterfly!
F36A9AF1-B157-45F3-9293-512B88CE115D (resized).jpeg

#5 6 months ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

And today is one of those days...
Got a call this afternoon from a guy that used to be my neighbor. Haven’t talked to him a couple years so I was surprised to hear from him.
He says, “Hey, we are about to move out of our current office building, and they told us we could have anything in the building. Well there is a pinball machine in the break room. You want it?”
Without even asking what title it was, “Why, yes. Yes I do...”
“Ok, well it’s an old X Files machine. Not sure how well it works. We can go out this weekend and pick it up.”
Out of my collection this is the second machine I’ve gotten for free. The first was a Sonic Butterfly. I LOVE it when pinball pays us back a little for the effort! I’ll post a pic of it when I go to pick it up. Don’t really care what shape it’s in. It’s free.

Good score! I am happy for you. Has to be a great feeling.

#6 6 months ago

Cool can’t wait to see how it looks

#7 6 months ago

Sweet score! Hope it's nice!

#8 6 months ago

....aaaaaaand they just waffled. “Someone they know may want it...”

It’s not completely dead, but it probably is. Oh well. No gain no loss.

#9 6 months ago

Weak. Should have pulled the let's not wait till this weekend, I'll meet you there after work card.

#10 6 months ago

I’ve got 58 machines currently and at least 20 of them are projects. If I’m being honest with myself I need another project like a need a hole in my head. That’s my “look on the bright side” take on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside