Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bally4022
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys, just picked up a tftc about 2 weeks ago and have a couple of questions about some of the settings.

1) Is there anyway to make the multiball ready setting actually work? It seems that no matter what happens on the first ball, the second ball will add almost all of the letters to c-r-y-p-t, and on the 3rd ball it just opens the crypt up waiting for multiball. There seems to be an adjustment in the menu (#51) but it doesn't do anthing. I would just like it to be a bit more challenging to achieve. For that matter I would also think the "game rules" (adjust #7) should also adjust it but again doesn't appear to do anything.

2) How does the "special" work. Adjustment #4 in the menu changes "game awards" to either credit, extra ball, or special. All it says is when score threshold is achieved a playfield special is lit. On one of my games I got above 300 mil and the special went off on the dmd but I didn't notice anything different on the playfield or any massive score increase?

Thanks for the help, I'm sure more questions will pop up.
Brad

#2 10 years ago

Beuler? Don't be holding out because I'm noob, I see some tftc talk on these forums so I know you guys have them

#3 10 years ago

Your tombstone might be too sensitive. I know on mine if I hit it hard, the vibration will cause it to light all the letters. Also, are you on 3 ball or 5 ball game? I play 5 ball and always on the last ball they open the crypt for you.

#4 10 years ago

I don't think it can be changed from what I know and have read in the past...

#5 10 years ago

Nope, can't be changed. That's what I hate about that game, the gimmie multiball. Just my $.02.

#6 10 years ago

Ah alright. If that's the way it is then that's the way it is. As long as there is nothing screwy with my machine. Just for the record I'm at to 3 ball game.

Anyone care to explain the special to me? I scored above the threshold again last night and still didn't appear to do anything. I'm thinking of switching it to award a free ball instead.

#7 10 years ago

I think you can define in another setting what SPECIAL is. I would have to verify what my machine has.

#8 10 years ago

If you change the difficulty setting it takes more hits on tombstone to light the letters I believe. I am still new to my game or the rules in the settings menu or trying to figure them out. I care more to play it. As for the free game you can change to special or extra ball. I have mine for special so it does not give me extra ball. I believe the only way to get an extra ball is when it pops up in the game and you make the shot. Don’t forget the handle locks in mode as well.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

That's what I hate about that game, the gimmie multiball.

The gimmie shaker is one of the things I love about this game.

#10 10 years ago

check tomb switch sensativity and verify you have the latest game rom version. Crypt should not be too easy to make. There are also ways to make it harder to achieve including crypt multi restart.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

check tomb switch sensativity and verify you have the latest game rom version. Crypt should not be too easy to make. There are also ways to make it harder to achieve including crypt multi restart.

I am running 3.03 (latest rom). The problem isn't with the switch itself. What I mean is that if I take the glass off and manually trigger a couple random switches on ball one then drain it. When ball 2 loads up every letter of in crypt is lit up except "t". Then if I drain ball 2, it will load up ball 3 with all letters lit and the tomb down waiting for multiball.

I've tried changing the difficulty of "game rules" and the multiball ready diffuculty with no success.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I don't think it can be changed from what I know and have read in the past...

Quoted from yfz450:

Nope, can't be changed. That's what I hate about that game, the gimmie multiball. Just my $.02.

I had a TFTC and I'm 99.9% sure that this is correct. There is nothing "screwy" with your machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 64.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-basic-tftc-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.