(Topic ID: 197839)

Solved: Williams Little Chief alternates between 4 player and 1 player

By PinPilot

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Push the credit button the first time once, four credits are deducted and a four player game begins. After that 4 player game is over, press the credit button again one time, and you get a one player game. Goes back and forth like that. Credits do have to be on the credit unit. If there are only three credits, it will only start a three person game, etc.

Problem was the MATCH UNIT. The plastic pawl that engages the gear to turn the match unit was broken, so the unit never moves. I changed the pin setting to "Match Off", and my problems were solved! One push of the credit button, one player game, two pushes, two player game, etc. Yippee!

I have the schematics but I can't tell you why the match unit being broken caused this behaviour. Can someone else enlighten me?

#2 6 years ago

The match unit is on the same circuit as the coin unit, the 10 point score reels and the match unit on/off plug. In this case, there is probably a stuck switch or shorted wire in this circuit that is sending power to the coin unit step up solenoid. When the match unit on/off plug is in the off position, it breaks the circuit which prevents the power from reaching the coin unit step up solenoid...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solved-williams-little-chief-alternates-between-4-player-and-1-player?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.