6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by libtech
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2017-07-08-20-06-07 (resized).png

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys I like others like upgrading speakers to get better sound out of my games, however often swapping the woofers in games leads to some rattles in the games and glass etc.

Just thought Id ask around what solutions guys have found to reduce rattles.

I usually use a bit of electrical tape on the glass edges where it is rattling to reduce it, I was thinking of trying speaker baffles like used in car doors etc, which should help reduce the air movement in the cab.

Screenshot_2017-07-08-20-06-07 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-07-08-20-06-07 (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

i just imagined back 10-20 years ago when friends would put subs in their car to the point it was rattling the car parts loose =D.

I would think a new beer seal on the lock down bar putting a little pressure on the glass would help. Maybe something in the back channel to firm up the glass too.

#4 6 years ago

Sweet thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solutions-for-glass-rattle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.