1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“solid stating the em satin doll. ”

• Yes Solid State the machine 0 votes
    • No Solid state the machine 4 votes
      100%

(4 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Would the satin doll be better idea if i took out the em stuff and converted it to a system 1 style solid state game.

Keeping the chimes, knocker and taking out the rest.

#3 1 year ago

On one hand its easy to work on solid state and quick fixes are avaible and on the other hand the machine is not working at all, i plug it in and increment the credit wheel nothing.

I was working on the score motor and it will not run anymore.

#4 1 year ago

I dunno man. EMs are so much easier (and cheaper) to work on in my opinion.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

On one hand its easy to work on solid state and quick fixes are avaible and on the other hand the machine is not working at all, i plug it in and increment the credit wheel nothing.
    I was working on the score motor and it will not run anymore.

Just because something might be beyond your current skill level isn't really a good reason to wreck a game like that. And honestly, you will probably wreck it in the attempt. I've seen it happen before. And then in the likelihood that you give up on it, by that point, it will probably be too hacked up to be repairable and will just end up getting parted out.

So--before you get to that point, you probably have a few of options:

1) Have you posted a thread about the specific problem you're having? There are plenty of folks who can help guide you through a repair.
    2) Have you tried contacting anyone in your area about possibly repairing it for you?
    3) If you really have no interest in fixing up the game, have you tried to sell it to someone else who might be interested in it?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solid-stating-the-em-satin-doll- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.