• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi,
I have a strange problem with a Gottlieb Genie. As soon as I turn the game on the soilenoids (flippers, bumpers, slings shot) are operational. Also several bonus and special lamps turn on that shouldn't be on. Game plays and scores fairly normal. The C-roll over in the top scores but the lamp stays on. Should go off after scoring. All those other lamps remain on (Special, 20K bonus, 2x bonus multiplier, Special, 1000 when lit spinner, etc. )When the game is over the flippers and other solenoids remain powered which they shouldn't. The lights listed above stay on as well.
I checked all playfield switches, they're OK. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Thanks much
Mike

#2 7 years ago

Sounds like the Q (game over) relay under the playfield might not be disengaging. Check the switch leafs to make sure they aren't mangled or adjusted improperly. Post photos if you're not sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoids-remained-powered-after-game-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.