Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by japespin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys, N00b here. I have an NBA Fastbreak. Just replaced 4 switches that went bad on me. As soon as I powered it back up, I tested all the new switches I put in, and all tested fine. However, NONE of my solenoid are firing anymore. I ran the Solenoid test, and nothing occurs. It looks like the test is running, but none of my Solenoids are firing. I did the obvious: Checked and replaced the fuses on the driver board, and checked all the connectors under the playfield to make sure they are snugly fit. All looks good on those fronts. What would be next step in troubleshooting what the issue might be? Did I muck something up by putting in these new switches?

Thanks in advance!

#2 7 years ago

Check if there's voltage from the 'common' side of the coils to ground

#3 7 years ago

Nothing. I get 0.5v when I check voltage on any of the solenoids.

Quoted from zacaj:

Check if there's voltage from the 'common' side of the coils to ground

#4 7 years ago

Check the solenoid voltage test point on the board then. Somewhere the voltage isn't getting through.

#5 7 years ago

Did you check all your fuses on the power driver board with a meter?

#6 7 years ago

Stupid question, but are you testing these with the coin door open? Solenoids are disabled with the coin door open to prevent someone from accidentally severely injuring themselves with high voltage.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Stupid question, but are you testing these with the coin door open?

Doh, I forgot to ask that question as well.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you check all your fuses on the power driver board with a meter?

Yeah took each fuse out and checked them. Looked good.

Quoted from wxforecaster:

Stupid question, but are you testing these with the coin door open? Solenoids are disabled with the coin door open to prevent someone from accidentally severely injuring themselves with high voltage.

Yes, coin door is shut. I've checked the coin door switch as well, and all is good with it.

#9 7 years ago

Can you snap a picture of the driver board with the game turned on and coin door shut?

#10 7 years ago

Can you test out all the switches in the switch edge test?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you snap a picture of the driver board with the game turned on and coin door shut?

OK, looked closer.... Looks like LED104 and LED105 are out.
LED104 pertains to +20VDC Flashlamps.
LED105 pertains to +50VDC Coils.

#12 7 years ago

Can you check your white coin door switch to see if you had a wire fall off one of the terminals. Possible the switch may even be bad.

#13 7 years ago

OK guys. Figured it out. I was looking at the wrong fuse. I was only focusing on F103 and F104 which are both solenoid fuses. Little did I know that F108 is the secondary solenoid fuse. Sure enough, that one was blown out. Replaced it and now, all the solenoids fire during the Solenoid test. But now, I'm running into other issues.... But I'll save that for another thread. In any case, thanks for helping me troubleshoot. The replies here helped me to double and triple check the steps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoids-not-firing-ballywilliams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.