• Latest reply 3 years ago by Stephan28
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
BC29A17C-1FB9-4C5F-B0C6-D7EEBE9A1B86 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stephan28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I’m perplexed. I replaced the knocker solenoid on my Williams Flash machine because the original was burned up and the ground wire (brown/blue) had come off of it.

I’m looking at this solenoid and the schematic on the solenoid just looks wrong. It has the power wires going to the side opposite the diode bar.

Do I have this wired up correctly or do I need to reverse the wires?!!? Most of the other solenoids have the red wires going to the bar side of the diode.

Thanks!

BC29A17C-1FB9-4C5F-B0C6-D7EEBE9A1B86 (resized).jpegBC29A17C-1FB9-4C5F-B0C6-D7EEBE9A1B86 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

Awesome! Thank you for chiming in. I saw the same diagram that you referred to in your post. I will reverse the wires and carry on. Thanks again!!!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Keep in mind that if your old coil was toast and a wire was disconnected, the driving transistor for that coil may be shorted. After you switch the wires, if you hear the knocker fire when you power up or start a game, shut it off immediately and test the transistor for the knocker.

Yep, good call! I sent the boards out for repair and lo and behold solenoid drive transistor #14 was shorted.

Before the reworked boards come back I’ll be sure to swap the wires on that knocker solenoid and hopefully I’ll be good to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stephan28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoid-question-?tu=Stephan28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.