• Latest reply 2 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220127_195437_01 (resized).jpg
3081-driver chart (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago

Logic probe during solenoid test will quickly show if the decoder is ok. These pulses are slow enough a DMM on volts DC is fast enough. Make sure all inputs from the MPU reach the decoder chip A B C D pins. Basically make sure each ones changes state at points during solenoid test. If it is always 5v, then the connector for that signal is likely bad somewhere between the MPU and driver.

If I would guess driver J4 has cracked solder joints based on my history. The decoder very rarely fails, even when solenoid transistor burn holes in the board.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I can confirm that was the issue. I did also notice the other spot it was lifting and reinforced that as well. It seems as though the copper just pulled away from the board, I'm assuming due to flexing.
Thanks all for the assistance

single sided PCB with out the plated through holes helping to anchor. TO220 transistor vibrating eventually pulls off the glue of the trace. Maybe re-tin and try and super glue the trace back down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoid-issues-bally-rolling-stones?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.