Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jibmums
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

None of the solenoids or flashers on my Jackbot will fire in test mode. All fuses have been tested/replaced and I just checked them again for continuity, they're all fine. Here are the voltages I just measured, I'm out of my depth on this kind of stuff but two have odd readings:

TP1: 14.73
TP2: 5.04
TP3: 11.85
TP4: jumps to 399 then down to 0.4
TP5: -11.7
TP6: 74.5
TP7: 22.0
TP8: 17.4

I measured TP4 several times and it did this every time, worked its way up to 399 and then settled down to 0.4
TP6 is rather high at 74.5, this should be 50 right?
Machine is an ex-import game if that matters, I assume transformer has been changed back since it was setup in someone's home.
Any help is appreciated!

#2 5 years ago

Okay, I sort of figured out the solenoid prob by accident. When performing the flasher test, I closed the coin door and the flashers started lighting up as they should. Opened coin door, ran solenoid test, and they would each fire ONLY when I closed the coin door. So at least they're working as they should, but now it seems the issue is the high voltage disable switch?

#3 5 years ago

A little more research and I see that nothing is actually wrong, it's a "feature" of the code to disable coils & flashers when the coindoor is open. Who woulda known? Apparently me if I had read the DMD.

Could still use advice/help with the odd voltages above.....anyone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Atlanta, GA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoid-flasher-issues-on-jackbot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.