5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SolenoidList_PowerPlay.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calipindave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I will start with an assumption that all parts were swapped for identical replacements.

The first thing I would do is confirm that there are no shorted pins...ie solder crossing over from one pin to the next. Look carefully at every joint you did under magnification. Then use a multimeter to confirm that nothing is connected to something else that should. This includes all the header pins, caps, diodes, transistors etc.

That’s the first point for me.

Dave

2 weeks later
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from flappybob123:

I went ahead and recrimped the red white wire on both connectors, and still the problem persists. I even checked with a multimeter for continuity, and it checks out. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Bob,

When you checked for continuity did you stick the probe into the connector on each side...would be good to be certain that the red/white wire is providing continuity between the 2 pins...

You might also try pulling the plug out slightly and checking the continuity between the pins across the wire.

Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calipindave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoid-board-issues?tu=calipindave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.