• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tuukka
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7083 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genieye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello, I would like to solder the slam switch that is near the ball inside the cabinet. I am still having game just quits issues and want to eliminate these. I took care of the coin door switch which has 2 wires. This inside switch has 3 wires and would like to know how to do it on this switch. Attached is a pic of the switch and wires. There are only 2 switches to worry about correct? Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

IMG_7083 (resized).JPGIMG_7083 (resized).JPG
#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Here is a link to Pinwiki about this....
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Permanently_Disabling_the_Slam_Switches
Basicly, jumper C2 and you're done.
It's just right of the reset button.

Thanks to both of you for responding. I have a Ni-Wumpf CPU. Does that make a difference as the photo looks like the original board. Can I just solder the 2 switch wires together thus closing the circuit? I am wondering whats with the 3 wires in the pic I sent. The coin door one has 2 wires.

#5 4 years ago

Now this a big WTF! I disconnected the slam switch inside where the ball rail and ball is. No wires from the switch in the photo. The game still plays! I thought an open switch made the game quit? I have game quit issues often and am trying to eliminate sources. Big head scratcher.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

The SLAM switch on the coin door is normally closed. If the switch opens it tilts the machine. This can be 'defeated' by soldering the wires together at the switch (always closed now!) or by modding the original cpu (The aftermarket boards probably already have this taken care of, but double check their manuals).
Now, the ball ROLL TILT switch that you have pictured inside the cabinet is normally open. If the front of the machine is lifted enough to allow the trapped/caged ball to roll towards the switch and close it, the game will tilt. There is no sense in messing with this switch because its easier to remove the caged ball (if its even still present). You can disconnect the wires if you wish and the machine will play normally.

Thanks for your response. I do think the caged ball works oppositely of how you described. Its supposed to be closed then the ball opens it. Either way I took the switch out completely and the game plays the same. I think I read somewhere that the NI-Wumpf board takes the slam switch out of the equation. It has to be something like that as took all the wires off the switch and she is playing great but it still quits at times, in fact far too often and I am desperately trying to figure that out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waterbury, CT
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
Decorations
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider genieye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soldering-slam-switch-closed-gottlieb-system-1?tu=genieye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.