Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ryan1234
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have a Hakko 880 workstation, set to 720 degrees, I’m tinning the tip, cleaning it in between components and I have started to brush on flux before I try each component. But it’s still happening!

For new pcb assembly I normally set my iron to 600 and have no issues soldering. My guess is your solder. PM me and I will mail you some good Kiestler solder. It makes all the deference.

#13 4 years ago

One other thought, what is the size of the thru hole component lead? Because if it's larger leaded component like the Rectifiers/Diodes on the WPC89/WPC95 boards then you will definitely need more heat. It helps if have a hot plate and can pre-heat the parts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Turtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soldering-question-2?tu=Turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.