Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by cfh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20170821_165259 (resized).jpg
    cheapiron (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170816_161719 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5886 (resized).JPG
    Metcal.JPG
    th (resized).jpg
    ersa-i-con-nano-loetstation (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider completist.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago

25 watt is all you need for under pf work. Just pick up a screwdriver tip if ones not incl with the iron for better heat transfer when soldering larger connections (coils, etc).

#32 6 years ago

Also don't forget to get something to clean the tip (i prefer the brass sponge thingy, others might say wet sponge to wipe tip on), some flux, desolder braid, crap like that. Sayal - if you have one near you has everything you need in one aisle.

#37 6 years ago

I use the Weller 35W Pro and it works great. I can't speak to the quality or construction of the Weller standard duty one in the pic but the LED's i think would be handy. TerryB's guide to soldering is a good read on this forum and is what inspired me to get the hakko 888D soldering station for board work. Probably one of the best investments i have made for the hobby but never needed it for under pf work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider completist.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soldering-irons-1?tu=completist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.